Wycombe Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur | FA Cup 4th Round | Monday 25 Jan, KO: 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one thinks he should be first name on the team sheet but he is a decent squad player whos homegrown.

Everyone calls for his head but I think he does his job, works hard and loves the club.
Sums up my thoughts entirely. Gets way too much criticism. Every squad needs good, hard-working, loyal pros like Winks.

Overall view on the gane:
Not sure what people were watching but first half best players were Lucas and winks. Only ones driving forward. I called it same as Sid well winks motm.
when you throw 4 players like Lucas bale lamela and vinny altogether it invariably makes them not look to good. Add in sissoko in CM who was absolute garbage in 1st half. Never showed for the ball unlike winks. Bale was ok 1st but think he showed some promising glimpses in 2nd half. May not v poool but Brighton worth a start. Vinny needed to do more kept going offside and lost the ball avfew times.
As someone else posted play one or two of them with first 11 then may be their performance level is better. Eg say vinny played in front of son berg bale/gio with PEH and tangay in CM. I’m sure he’d get a few more chances and his overall play will be better. Even lamela who has played decent in some games this season if he played with son Kane gio/bale/berg would look so much better. So a bit harsh to be too critical of them tonight but yes they still make better decision making and control of the ball regardless of who they play with!
Good match fitness exercise for some of the players after over a week without a game. All should be fresh food pool. Although in the past we have looked wank when we have had a little break. V pool as I always say go hard and physical to stop them building any momentum and possession. On the front foot pressure their CM and CD.

I like Winks, local boy, big Spurs fan, enthusiastic as heck, high work rate .....
perhaps needs better vision and needs some coaching to get him to push the ball through a lot more and get it up to the front line.

Just looking at Akinfenwa's career, it's astonishing. 19 years a pro, 740 games, 226 goals, 1 in 3ish.

What a bloke, the essence of "proper football". Look on and weep all you Marcus Edwards types fucking about in Lambourginis at 17

Just looking at Akinfenwa's career, it's astonishing. 19 years a pro, 740 games, 226 goals, 1 in 3ish.

What a bloke, the essence of "proper football". Look on and weep all you Marcus Edwards types fucking about in Lambourginis at 17

I love the guy. He comes across as a great personality and certainly contributes.

Made the most of his strengths.

Should of never had to bring on the A team against a bottom dwelling championship side.
I do wonder whether Jose would have done it anyway , just to sadistically turn the screw. Wycombe must have felt their resolve ebbing away when Son, Kane, Ndombele and Bale were on at the same time. And not lazy Bale, but a much hungrier, sharper Bale. Loved seeing him shifting up the gears tonight.

For fucks sake, he's a squad player who's more Spurs than we can dream of. He comes in and plays well against the teams that people are screaming that we should rest our first team for and all they can then say is "found his level". Not "played really well", not "great goal at a crucial time", nothing positive at all.

I just don't get how people can be so fucking bitter about our players, even when they do really well.

People (who would melt like a Mr Whippy in high summer if they were ever face to face with him, let's not forget that) have called him "Wanks" on this forum, just consider how utterly pathetic that is
Oh he’ll have the last laugh surely

Just seen watched it after having to work late.

Could of had 8 on another day. Bale, Lucas and Winks all had good games.

Thought Vinny, Sissoko and the CBs had a rough time of it.

Would have preferred it if Kane and Sonny and Tanguy had a proper full rest but 30ish minutes with no injury's shouldnt be an issue.

Also both of Tanguys goals are class just oozes technical skills, so so glad he's turned a corner after the horror season last year. Didn't think he had it in him but boy am I glad to be wrong 😂

Apparently we didn't win 4-1 according to 5 Live... Commentator said that was NOT 4-1... but surely the little numbers next to Wycombe and Tottenham just now would suggest it WAS 4-1?
Confusing!!

At least Clinton Morrison finally 'came out' as a Spurs fan... proper nailed his colours to the mast when it was suggested it would be so much better for the Cup if Everton, Leicester or Southampton won it... in fact, ANYONE but Spurs!!

Fuck ' em. I'm pleased!

I wouldn't be so arrogant as to say the result was 'never in doubt' but 3 goals in 6 minutes shows we CAN do it when we want to!

We've been crying out to score QuickTime goals to win the game.... just a shame we couldn't have done it half an hour earlier and save us all our fingernails!!
It’s mental how much some people detest us. Commentator during the game said and I quote, “Wycombe were more threatening than Spurs... with less of the ball.”

Fuck me I thought. What does that even mean?

Got the job done, can’t grumble

their beast up front was causing Toby untold problems, he looks a little unfit to me (Toby)

Bale looked somewhat sharper, a cameo against the dippers if we need him could be a good move, see how he goes from there

5th round chaps, cup is anyone’s

Back
Top Bottom