FA Cup - Everton Vs Tottenham, Wed 10th Feb 8:15pm (BT Sport).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who goes through?

• Total voters
You think the pen is a pen for them? Dele gets booked for going over in the box yet Richardson and DCL both dive and go unpunished , they 100% had the rub of the green on decisions
I can't work out whether it's the Refs fault.... or Jose's fault... or the players' fault... or Levy's fault!

TOO MANY THINGS TO BLAME.... and that's not even blaming COVID!

Winks is overrated... but that last chance shouldn't have even been his to take... had we shut up shop at 1-0, everyone woulda been complaining at 'Jose ball'... yet we'd have been in the Quarter Finals...

But we played on... and conceded 3... then pulled it back to 3-3.... even at 3-4 down, pulled it back again to 4-4... that's stuff our GRANDAD'S used to talk about.... proper old school, dramatic style... even (dare I say) GLORY like!

But Jose don't give a shit about Glory-Glory Tottenham Hotspur.... he only cares about himself... and the players are too young to remember, or even give a shit about Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur! What do they care what Spurs did in the '70s or '80s...they weren't even alive!!

As long as they have enough InstaFaceTwat 'likes' this week, to earn their next advertising click cunt bait, they're happy! I hate them all, yet still love them like Sons!

I'm so fucking confused as to who I love and who I hate right now! Tottenham have given me some of the most memorable, and most miserable moments of my life... and I guess that's it... that's football!

They giveth, and they take-away-eth.... but mostly they take away-eth!

GOODNIGHT!

Et5pRcyWQAcDnoS

Not really. The only times they were better than us was in extra time and a 10 min spell in the first half approx 25-35mins.
The main difference was that they scored two contenders for their club's goal of the season. (Obviously very low xG chances)

Always gutted when we go out of FA Cup but I actually enjoyed the match more than any other in the last 2 years. Should never let in 5 and Holjberg guilty for 2 of them. Sanchez might have scored twice but is our weakest CB. Although we will be more defensive against MC after that I hope we play like today withoutut the defensive errors.

Agree with those saying we need to play like that for the rest of the season.

Genuinely, there's no point setting up to defend when we can't defend as is.

Just set up for the attack and aim to outscore the opponents from now until the end of the season. We've had Mourinho in charge for 15 months and he hasn't improved our defensive shape or defending at all in that time - so he isn't going to in the next 3 and a bit months with the same personnel.

I will be fuming if we go to the Etihad and cower.

Summer just passed , mostly was rated a 9-10/10 transfer window by most of us .. of course we can look at it now and say well some of them have been duds but that’s easy to do
Most of us said We did well for the money spent. We got the best of the Bargain bin. I dont think anyone felt we had a window equal to the Likes of City. We could've sold Aurier for 18 mil and used the Money we spent on Doherty and gotten a better RB. We could've bought the same Striker that scored against us at 20 mil. We could've let Winks go and had 40 mil, added to the money we payed for Rodon, we could've had an experienced CB.

We get one of the most successful managers of all time and Levy dictates each and every signing.

Everyone knows my stance on Poch. But maybe, just maybe, if Levy didnt try and squeeze Villa for an extra 2 mil discount and if he didnt wait until Eriksen wanted to leave before offering him the salary he wanted, We all would be drinking beers and thinking back to how we won the Champions League.

If we play like we did today we’d be little better than those cunts down the road. Loads of errors, awful defending, and misfiring attackers. This match was only fun for a neutral. For Spurs fans, this was torment. All of our shortcomings magnified over two hours of shattered hope.

I obviously didn't mean the player performances. I'm not hoping for defensive letdowns every game.

Cleary I meant Jose's tactics. Where and when we pressed, playing with more possession, ect.

This is a team that can win a lot of games playing with the tactics we employed today, especially if Reggie and Lo Celso get healthy.

Just set up for the attack and aim to outscore the opponents from now until the end of the season. We've had Mourinho in charge for 15 months and he hasn't improved our defensive shape or defending at all in that time - so he isn't going to in the next 3 and a bit months with the same personnel.

Playing like that is the true "pragmatic" approach when you have such a top-heavy squad. Pragmatism doesn't have to mean defensive.

Honestly, if we try and play openly like this against City, it could be a 6-0 defeat. Why are so many people pretending this evening was a success? We looked OK going forward, dreadful in defence, shambolic errors at key moments all over the park... and fluffed too many chances. This is not a blueprint for success.

Sometimes to win a trophy your name has to be on it, They were clinical as fuck tonight, every shot they had seemed to fly in, Hugo gifted them one, Winks another. And the referee gave them another with a dodgy pen, then there was the Iwobi foul on Ndombele for the Richarlison goal.

We squandered chance after chance.

We were the better side and deserved more tonight for our positive outlook.

I'll get on the teams back when we play shit but I can't have a pop after that, apart from Winks.
I think lloris should have saved 3 of them

Thought we looked the more fatigued team.

Unfortunately the players we needed on the pitch were gassed.

Never seen a substitute kill a team as Winks did today. I am normally very supportive of our players but that was bad bad bad. Skipp should really take his position. If I was in charge I would recall Skipp now if possible.

We conceded poor goals. The one DM we had, played a nightmare. Hojbjerg was poor and the defending behind was bad along with Hugo getting beat.

Not surprised if Jose goes back into his shell after watching that. Fans always want attacking football but managers see the game differently. I don't know how we stop conceding goals playing a team like that.
Hojbjerg and Ndombele is the go to midfield. There are mistakes in Dier, Doherty, Sanchez, Aurier, Toby, even Davies.

Leaves Rodon and Reguilon to come in. Don't think Japh will play.

If we continue this then I can see high scoring games from here on out. Totally against the Jose approach.
On the flip side you can argue that teams won't score with practically every shot they get.

The ref is shite. He is the worst ref in the PL, which is saying something because the PL has terrible refs. I wasn't surprised with his decisions.

Honestly, if we try and play openly like this against City, it could be a 6-0 defeat. Why are so many people pretending this evening was a success? We looked OK going forward, dreadful in defence, shambolic errors at key moments all over the park... and fluffed too many chances. This is not a blueprint for success.

We fucking dominated most of it though and on another day, probably could have won the game 5-1.

I hope we continue to play up tempo and aggressively. Our forward attack had little to no impact on our defense tonight, and this was probably the most impressive offensive display under Mourinho with both sides at 11 players.

Back
Top Bottom