Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The lad is a true Tottenham boy, a fan, raised in the club. He loves playing for us. In fact, he is more Spurs than any of us. He always works hard, puts in a real effort for the club. And some of you pathetic good-for-nothing cunts give him shit just because you find that he lacks certain qualities.

He's done absolutely nothing selfish or cuntish, he seems like a genuinely good guy, a fantastic example of a football pro and a Spurs player. We should be proud to have him come through our ranks and play, for our club.

You can argue that he does lack some qualities that you may find to be required for a Spurs midfielder, but stop with the namecalling bullshit.

Thank you.

game just passed him by until we got on top then you noticed him get on the ball a bit..average winks performance . even their players went round him a few times like he wasnt there. everytime we have him in midfield no matter who the opposition is we look weak through the middle, teams just go through him with ease. bless him

Was he even on the pitch? Forget the result, he did nothing as usual. He's an abysmal midfielder.

And for his family who keep complaining about name calling, no amount of cringeworthy fawning over what a nice Spurs boy he is will change that.

The lad is a true Tottenham boy, a fan, raised in the club. He loves playing for us. In fact, he is more Spurs than any of us. He always works hard, puts in a real effort for the club. And some of you pathetic good-for-nothing cunts give him shit just because you find that he lacks certain qualities.

He's done absolutely nothing selfish or cuntish, he seems like a genuinely good guy, a fantastic example of a football pro and a Spurs player. We should be proud to have him come through our ranks and play, for our club.

You can argue that he does lack some qualities that you may find to be required for a Spurs midfielder, but stop with the namecalling bullshit.

Thank you.
Yep, any sort of name calling is childish and simply invites anger and frustration....no need for it if you have a valid point to make. And those that casually do it on here all the time should always get called out for it!

That said, I am actually NOT a fan of Harry Winks, sure, he has a decent passing range and a good engine, but he is too lightweight on the ball and lacks the ability to dribble pass a man or boss his area of the pitch...just a few of the essential skills any top midfielder should have, in my opinion.

As much as I like that he is home grown, he has to make way for better in the summer, or at least accept that he will be a benchwarmer if he stays.

Winks...Not a total waste, just not quite good enough....unfortunately!

Was he even on the pitch? Forget the result, he did nothing as usual. He's an abysmal midfielder.

And for his family who keep complaining about name calling, no amount of cringeworthy fawning over what a nice Spurs boy he is will change that.

Just fuck off. Carded.
Literally what is your problem??

No one is claiming he is some kind of superstar. Nor that he is flawless. Nor that he should start most of the games.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out that he came through our academy, has been working hard to make an impact (and actually has had good games in his career as well; though I guess right now everyone are bit dissapointed that he has not progressed but that is no excuse for childish and meaningless name calling). He is still Spurs player and is picked to play lesser games against weaker opposition, and with that helps to keep our star players in better condition. What is wrong with that? And I feel very appropriate if SPURS FANS can call out anyone who is name-calling SPURS PLAYER. Baffles me that someone finds that "cringweorthy". To normal fan it would be called "common decency" or "manners"

What do you mean about "forget the result" - he started for us, we won the game. Why do we have to forget it?!? What does it mean "he did nothing as usual" - he played as midfielder, and allowed starters some rest. How is that doing nothing?

What do you get out of just random abuse - I can get if anyone point out some errors or mention some specific situations or whatever; but mostly it just feels like moaning for the sake of moaning? I mean do you think it will it make you look cool? Will it make you feel good about yourself?
Cause guess what? You can dedicate your whole life of posting s**t about him to every discussion board, but you will be big fat nothing for the club compared to Winks.

Just fuck off. Carded.
Literally what is your problem??

No one is claiming he is some kind of superstar. Nor that he is flawless. Nor that he should start most of the games.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out that he came through our academy, has been working hard to make an impact (and actually has had good games in his career as well; though I guess right now everyone are bit dissapointed that he has not progressed but that is no excuse for childish and meaningless name calling). He is still Spurs player and is picked to play lesser games against weaker opposition, and with that helps to keep our star players in better condition. What is wrong with that? And I feel very appropriate if SPURS FANS can call out anyone who is name-calling SPURS PLAYER. Baffles me that someone finds that "cringweorthy". To normal fan it would be called "common decency" or "manners"

What do you mean about "forget the result" - he started for us, we won the game. Why do we have to forget it?!? What does it mean "he did nothing as usual" - he played as midfielder, and allowed starters some rest. How is that doing nothing?

What do you get out of just random abuse - I can get if anyone point out some errors or mention some specific situations or whatever; but mostly it just feels like moaning for the sake of moaning? I mean do you think it will it make you look cool? Will it make you feel good about yourself?
Cause guess what? You can dedicate your whole life of posting s**t about him to every discussion board, but you will be big fat nothing for the club compared to Winks.
Ohh look your knickers are in quite a twist aren't they? Who the fuck do you think you are to tell other people what they can and can't say about anyone? Fuck off and card yourself you soppy cunt.

Winks has not progressed as a player and plenty of people on here can see it. You seem to think he deserves some level of special care because he's a nice lad and came through the Academy. I don't because he's not good enough and unlike you i'm not sentimental or prepared to hide that opinion to prove what a great fan i am.

You can melt like the pompous fuckwit that you are but guess what the next time he plays and does fuck all you'll look like an even bigger cunt than you already do.

As for dedicating my life to posting shit about him, that's just your idiotic opinion. You've typed more words about my posts than i've ever done about him. So it's clear you've got fuck all else to do other than cry like a baby on the internet.

Last edited:
Ohh look your knickers are in quite a twist aren't they? Who the fuck do you think you are to tell other people what they can and can't say about anyone? Fuck off and card yourself you soppy cunt.

Winks has not progressed as a player and plenty of people on here can see it. You seem to think he deserves some level of special care because he's a nice lad and came through the Academy. I don't because he's not good enough and unlike you i'm not sentimental or prepared to hide that opinion to prove what a great fan i am.

You can melt like the pompous fuckwit that you are but guess what the next time he plays and does fuck all you'll look like an even bigger cunt than you already do.

As for dedicating my life to posting shit about him, that's just your idiotic opinion. You've typed more words about my posts than i've ever done about him. So it's clear you've got fuck all else to do other than cry like a baby on the internet.

Yes I feel that as a Spurs fan in Spurs forum I can call out pathetic and grumpy good-for-nothings about just pointless name-calling towards player who has been giving his best for Spurs (even if this best is lacking in quality at times).

BTW, yea, plenty of people (including myself) can see he has not made progress many Spurs fans hoped. But thats whole different thing than just randomly calling childish names.

Also - Yes, in fact I beleive he deserves more respect in the sense that he came through academy, is staying here and doing work, not making fuss about lack of playing time. Nothing to do with being sentimental. Avoiding name-calling and pointing out that name calling is stupid is just basic manners.

Haha, and I look cunt for... well, not supporting name calling of Spurs players in Spurs fan forum? Yea, sure Im the real cunt here... :D

Back
Top Bottom