Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think it's that complicated. Either the CB or GK takes charge. Just 1. If neither or both do then they score.
whys dier even leaving it if he knows antonio is behind him? hes just tried to pass him off to someone else so he can misjudge the flight and take himself out of the game. awful defender who constantly looks tired and depressed..im tired and depressed of watching him attempt to be a defender!

I believe the fan was verbally abusing him and I wanted to see that fan punished for what he did.

Now I think his behaviour was warranted.

I think his brother was getting abused, but that’s not the point. That’s about the most exciting thing Dier has done in a Spurs shirt. Ran into a crowd of his own supporters. Guys a prick and a shit player too.

I think his brother was getting abused, but that’s not the point. That’s about the most exciting thing Dier has done in a Spurs shirt. Ran into a crowd of his own supporters. Guys a prick and a shit player too.
There's not a CB in the league that has worse positional awarness than him. Not even exaggerating.
Its a joke.

Eric Dier best season for us was when he played defensive midfielder, he did all the simple things, won the ball back, passed to it to more creative players. Played the position really well.

He then tried to move on from that and become a more creative/deep lying playmaker. However he hasn't got the ability so never worked out.

Admittedly he hasn't had much luck with injuries but his best position isn't CB.

What also really annoys me about him besides the obvious, is his shit diagonal passes. Thinks he's Beckenbauer spraying it about when in reality his clipped passes are akin to a poor man's Dawson.

It's at the point now where I'd rather he was just used as Hojbjerg back up now just to give PEH a rest in games like Wolfsberger etc. - just to keep Dier well away from the centre back position.

It's a shame it hasn't worked out for Dier as he seems like a nice bloke and he's head is pretty screwed on - but it's just not working, is it?

Came in as a centre back, put right back for a year, then central midfield for a year, before moving back to a centre back, then back to midfield before being permanently put back to central defence.

Do you know what , what Eric Dier did yesterday was disgusting

His pathetic attempt at defending i.e not cutting out the cross and then when Lloris saves it he isn't even need Antonio (the man he's meant to be marking)

Then when he messes it up he proceeds to try and blame youngster Tanganga or blame Reguilon for getting fouled.

Disgraceful behaviour, he's no leader.

Back
Top Bottom