Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it isn’t Dier related but Jose’ treatment of younger players is fucking awful.
Their confidence must be shot to bits.
Tanganga getting hooked like this when he wasn’t at fault for the goal.
Rodon’s disappearance from the starting XI after just a handful of sub appearances and 1-2 starts.

He wasn’t hooked as a punishment for the goal. We were chasing the game and he wanted to put a more natural RB on who could attack.

Didn’t work because Doherty was shite but it wasn’t a case of him digging out Tanganga.

I know it isn’t Dier related but Jose’ treatment of younger players is fucking awful.
Their confidence must be shot to bits.
Tanganga getting hooked like this when he wasn’t at fault for the goal.
Rodon’s disappearance from the starting XI after just a handful of sub appearances and 1-2 starts.
Tangaga was most likely hooked cos he had a knock and we were not using our right flank which changed with Bale and Doherty.

Rodon has always played for us in a back 3, which is easier for a CB than a back 4. I would suspect he has not shown enough in a back 4 to start

Tbh. I appreciate the job Dier has done for the club, he has done very well. He's a bit like that red wine bottle you have had for so long, it will get better to that point that you actually opened the bottle.
Now the bottle has been open for three months and it won't improve.

I'll admit this is a bit like the cow-train analogy from Poch

Prerty concerning this. Eric seems happy with what he’s shown this season. Saying it’s a team problem not his own personal form is a pretty deluded way of looking at it when you consider the amount of errors he makes is a big factor in what drives the team performance down. Obviously it’s not just him but he’s been a major contributor to our poor from. And he doesn’t seem to recognise that. Not good.

Prerty concerning this. Eric seems happy with what he’s shown this season. Saying it’s a team problem not his own personal form is a pretty deluded way of looking at it when you consider the amount of errors he makes is a big factor in what drives the team performance down. Obviously it’s not just him but he’s been a major contributor to our poor from. And he doesn’t seem to recognise that. Not good.
He should be hooked and flogged to anyone who’ll indulge him. He may be a good lad but we have bigger ambitions and can’t keep carrying him.

Tbh he's not gonna come out and call himself out.

For many players they can use the excuse of injury or COVID. He has no excuse. He won't admit that he's stealing a living at this club

He's cost us FAR TOO many points at Spurs and I'm trying to work out what's worse his performances or the fact that Mourinho consistently picks him.

Back
Top Bottom