/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
As you know, I hate agreeing with you, but, as has been said frequently, the general atmosphere in the new stadium leaves something to be desired. I would say it's often quite poor, unless we're really thumping the opposition. This must have an effect on the team, as does the fact that the opposition fans almost outdo us. The place seems to be filled with home spectators and opposition fans.

Home fans should be asked to swear an oath of allegiance before being allowed into the ground, - "I promise to cheer my team, though thick & thin, etc... ...in return they should be allowed to bring their own food in.
Gave a funny for the last sentence, but wanted to say I agree with the rest of it too.

A lot of moaning yes, but also much higher expectations. And not willing to change those when the season plays out.

I thought we’d have a chance of the title up until a couple of months back. Then we went to shit and City did a City. Now I think we can win two cups. But that may change.

We are setup to be a top six club, with a chance of cups. Anything better is a bonus really. So to sack a manager if he wins two trophies is fucking mental. He’d be out most successful manager in 40 years if he pulls it off.
Cups would be great. So what if it's only the LC, JM has used that as a springboard at other clubs. Just give him the players he needs and it'll be good. imo.

And even if we don't end up with a cup, JM will have had just one full season. He resurrected that first part season pretty well. Poch was leading us into a relegation fight, no question. PPG since the previous Jan were a disaster. Some of those final matches I went to: Bayern 2-7; Brighton 0-3; Sheff Utd 1-1. And Barcodes 0-1. Really poor performances all of them.

Keep till the end of next season. We can't afford to bin him before then anyway. And who else who is proven to be better is there available and want to come to us, or would be wanted by the players?

No indication that he's lost the dressing room at all. None.

Damn right I do, we beat City, thrashed the Arse, came back from a goal down to beat chelscum.
I will always remember it.

So thank you Ramos for giving us our only cup win in 20 years.

Go and have a look at the results in the league. The league cup is a waste of time and all we got was yet another year of suffering the ropey league.

We had a run of 4 games where we drew 1-1 with Blackburn, Boro, Wigan and Bolton.

We were terrible in the league.

Go and have a look at the results in the league. The league cup is a waste of time and all we got was yet another year of suffering the ropey league.

We had a run of 4 games where we drew 1-1 with Blackburn, Boro, Wigan and Bolton.

We were terrible in the league.
What have we go to show for all the great league places? Nothing at all.

What have we go to show for all the great league places? Nothing at all.

Nothing at all?

We had some pretty great games, watching great players and fun football.

Do you not watch the games and just read the scores in the paper the next day?

If all you care about is results then what is the point of watching?

Nothing at all?

We had some pretty great games, watching great players and fun football.

Do you not watch the games and just read the scores in the paper the next day?

If all you care about is results then what is the point of watching?
You think the likes of Kane is going to be satisfied with that?

You think the likes of Kane is going to be satisfied with that?

I don't know he seems to have been satisfied with it so far. If he isn't I highly doubt that the League Cup does much, if anything, to change his mind.

Its possible he wants to break Greaves and/or Shearers records and as long as he sees Spurs as his best chance to do that he will stay. Its possible he loves London/Spurs and thinks that he sees a legacy in which he spent his whole career with us and ends up as the top Spurs, PL and England scorer is a damn good way to spend a career.

Personally I think being a consistent top 4 team getting into the CL each year is more important than no Europe and a League Cup to him if he values winning.

I don't know he seems to have been satisfied with it so far. If he isn't I highly doubt that the League Cup does much, if anything, to change his mind.

Its possible he wants to break Greaves and/or Shearers records and as long as he sees Spurs as his best chance to do that he will stay. Its possible he loves London/Spurs and thinks that he sees a legacy in which he spent his whole career with us and ends up as the top Spurs, PL and England scorer is a damn good way to spend a career.

Personally I think being a consistent top 4 team getting into the CL each year is more important than no Europe and a League Cup to him if he values winning.
Well add the Europa cup to that and I'll think he'll stay. The game is about winning 1 trophy in 20 years is a disgusting return for a club of our size. No one should be happy with that.

If we can get Nagelsmann then Jose should be gone in the summer regardless of outcome.

Jose was hired to do one thing - win trophies. If he wins trophies then gets a nice £30m severance check this summer, everyone wins: Jose can say he won trophies at Spurs, Spurs win trophies, get Nagelsmann AND don't have to deal with the inevitable Mourinho fallout.

It's a win-win.
There were a number of reasons imo.

One of them being that keeping Poch any longer risked half the squad demanding moves away. How long would Kane have stayed under the previous 10 months shitshow?

If he wins the LC, loses the EL and finishes out of the Europa league spots then I’m in the sack camp. LC win and EL final, with Europa league, then I’m on the fence. If he wins EL then I think it would be extremely hard to get rid of him.

On a serious note, no.

The reason is the same I'm not Jose In after ydays great game.

I honestly believe as soon as we don't have all our best players available (or enough of them), we'll see awful performances (far shitter than what even our weak lineups are capable of producing) and then it's more shitty Jose ball, players thrown under the bus etc. You always feel like it's right around the corner.

It would take some incredible consistency for Jose to prove otherwise imo. If we go every game until the end of the season without setting up like cowards I might have a rethink.

You can't get rid of a guy that wins two trophies, that's ridiculous.

Sarri was sacked after winning the Europa League, finishing in the top 4 and getting to the Carabao Cup final.

Spurs are one of the richest clubs in the world, the mentality should always be anything less than top 4 is a failure, given that we're one of the top 6 richest clubs in the league and at least 2 of those 6 are continually hampered by bad ownership that continually make bad choices.

The run of form we've been on is so bad, without any kind of major injury crisis, that it really should have led to Mourinho's sacking already.

The overall consensus on this site (and presumably the fanbase in general) is Jose out, which given results in the last few months seems fair.

However, we should (on paper at least) have a realistic shot at winning the Europa League, and are already in the final of the league cup.

I realise that the possibility of actually winning either of those feels incredibly unlikely right now, but just as a hypothetical, imagine that we did win both. Would you still sack Jose at the end of the season?

If we did win both, to me it would be the most successful Spurs season in my lifetime. I know some people would view finishing 2nd as a bigger achievement, but to me unless you actually win the league, finishing 2nd/3rd/4th is nowhere near as good as winning the Europa League. Both give you champions league entry, but the latter comes with a European trophy.

I think we can all unanimously agree that if we finish the season trophy-less and outside of the top 4 (which unfortunately seems the most likely scenario), Jose should be sacked immediately.

However, in this hypothetical where he wins us a domestic trophy, a European trophy, and as a result gets re-entry to the champions league... all within his first full season... personally I think it would be incredibly harsh to sack him regardless of how disastrous the remaining league campaign is.

And just to be clear, I do think we'd be better off long-term with Nagelsmann. I don't think he'll magically make us into title contenders all of a sudden, as there are major issues with the squad not just the manager - but I don't see how results would be much worse, and I think the football would be better to watch.

But could we really justify sacking a manager who had just won us 2 trophies in one season, given our horrendous drought over the last few decades?
Didnt want mourhino from the start, hes not a spurs manager, we need a boss that gets the team attacking every game , I'd rather have a go and lose 4-3 than watch some of the triple he has them playing. Yes they beat Burnley 4-0 but it is only burnley! Sack him now and start planning for next season

Sarri was sacked after winning the Europa League, finishing in the top 4 and getting to the Carabao Cup final.

Spurs are one of the richest clubs in the world, the mentality should always be anything less than top 4 is a failure, given that we're one of the top 6 richest clubs in the league and at least 2 of those 6 are continually hampered by bad ownership that continually make bad choices.

The run of form we've been on is so bad, without any kind of major injury crisis, that it really should have led to Mourinho's sacking already.
Get Nagglesman , he gives the board a list of top players he wants, board gets second rate players instead, we miss out on top 4, he gets sacked rinse and repeat, what's the point? 🤷‍♀️

Get Nagglesman , he gives the board a list of top players he wants, board gets second rate players instead, we miss out on top 4, he gets sacked rinse and repeat, what's the point? 🤷‍♀️

Nagelsmann would be better able to utilise the youth prospects we've got, and Nagelsmann teams are less reliant on individual talent. We'd need to break the bank to get Mourinho the players he needs but wouldn't have to for Nagelsmann.

Why would he miss out on top 4?

Poch didn't, Harry made top 4, AVB got 5th and he is much worse of a manager than Nagelsmann.

Has Jose already done so much damage that fans think top 4 is impossible for Spurs now?

Nagelsmann would be better able to utilise the youth prospects we've got, and Nagelsmann teams are less reliant on individual talent. We'd need to break the bank to get Mourinho the players he needs but wouldn't have to for Nagelsmann.
I'm sure Levy would love that but supporters will get on their backs if we don't make top 4 and he'll be sacked.

Why would he miss out on top 4?

Poch didn't, Harry made top 4, AVB got 5th and he is much worse of a manager than Nagelsmann.

Has Jose already done so much damage that fans think top 4 is impossible for Spurs now?
We are 8th we are going backwards even Spammers are showing us up these days, we cant claw it back spending buttons and fluff.

Back
Top Bottom