/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Liverpool won the title last year, 99 points the year before and a UCL title. All with the current coach, so he’s allowed some leeway.

Sure we have a UCL final 2 years but with a different manager. We finished 6th last year and are even worse this year. Jose has achieved nothing at Spurs comparable to Klopp, so it’s a terrible comparison.

The fact I even have to explain that makes it clear your thought process is not rational or you are just ignoring relevant information.

It's designed to take the focus away from Jose and put it on Klopp.

Now instead of talking about what Jose has done here, which is terrible, we have to debate what Klopp has done and whether that is relevant to Jose.

Anything to get the focus away from Jose's record/time at Spurs.

It's designed to take the focus away from Jose and put it on Klopp.

Now instead of talking about what Jose has done here, which is terrible, we have to debate what Klopp has done and whether that is relevant to Jose.

Anything to get the focus away from Jose's record/time at Spurs.
From earlier today...

Do you think if Jose sold Kane and Son that he would use the money to reshape us similarly to how Klopp was able to reshape Liverpool?

You're coming up with straw men, which is now looking more like projection

Liverpool won the title last year, 99 points the year before and a UCL title. All with the current coach, so he’s allowed some leeway.

Sure we have a UCL final 2 years but with a different manager. We finished 6th last year and are even worse this year. Jose has achieved nothing at Spurs comparable to Klopp, so it’s a terrible comparison.

The fact I even have to explain that makes it clear your thought process is not rational or you are just ignoring relevant information.
I find it disingenous and simply irritating, how many of you seem to have different measures that you apply to similar scenarios only in a bid to push whatever agenda you desire. But that pales to the fact that you think your silly bias thought process is even worth publishing.

The fact that Liverpool won the league last season does not explain them losing 4 of their last 5 games and them being currently 6th behind Leicester and West Ham. City won back to back PL titles, finished 2nd last season, and almost surely on their way to another title.

At the begining of this season, I doubt anyone would expect liverpool to be outside of the top 4 at this stage of the season and losing 4 of 5 games, but that has been the reality. They are not in this situation simply cos Klopp became a terrible manager overnight (and thus needs to be given 'leeway') but that there are several other factors beyond the manager that affects the outcome of games, with injuries seemingly being the biggest factor for Liverpool this season. (In the same vein, winning is not always about the manager and there are other factors in play).

But simple facts and logic always seem to evade people who have an agenda.

When you say a squad can easily make top 4, it implies that it is clearly superior to every other squad except for 3 and thus is capable of winning the league. That is simply not true in our case.

Our squad is not clearly superior to City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United. It is even more obvious when you look at the depth of the squad. Even Liverpool can't claim top 4 is easy given what they have experienced this season.

The only squad that can easily make top 4 is City, while Liverpool is close. We have a squad that can make top 4 if things go our way but can easily fall outside of europe if things go south.

Anyone saying that our squad can easily make top 4 is just talking nonsense
Let’s take city out of the equation as they are on another level and I think Liverpool have a better squad than us so exempt them as well so from the rest Who would you replace any of the below from with players from other squads excluding city and pool.
Kane, Son, Ndombele , Bale , Reguilon Hjojberg ?

I find it disingenous and simply irritating, how many of you seem to have different measures that you apply to similar scenarios only in a bid to push whatever agenda you desire. But that pales to the fact that you think your silly bias thought process is even worth publishing.

The fact that Liverpool won the league last season does not explain them losing 4 of their last 5 games and them being currently 6th behind Leicester and West Ham. City won back to back PL titles, finished 2nd last season, and almost surely on their way to another title.

At the begining of this season, I doubt anyone would expect liverpool to be outside of the top 4 at this stage of the season and losing 4 of 5 games, but that has been the reality. They are not in this situation simply cos Klopp became a terrible manager overnight (and thus needs to be given 'leeway') but that there are several other factors beyond the manager that affects the outcome of games, with injuries seemingly being the biggest factor for Liverpool this season. (In the same vein, winning is not always about the manager and there are other factors in play).

What a load of shit this whole post is.

Funny how bad it misses the mark but not surprising considering the poster.

Your last sentence could be the opening sentence to your autobiography

Its quite bizzare reading the views of some posters on here criticising our squad and claiming players are not good enough, if you go back a few months the same posters are claiming that the same squad are going to win the league...bizzare...

What was wrong with his post?

It completely ignores all context that explains why the situations are understandably different.

Ignoring context makes the whole post garbage.

Trying to equate Klopp to Jose as though they are in the same position and should be treated the same way is ridiculous considering what each guy has achieved at their club. This constant trying to pass of Jose's shit performance's here because another manager is not meeting expectations at his club while facing much bigger challenges and doing a much better job is not relevant at all. It is deflection to spin the conversation away from Jose because there is nothing positive that Jose fanbois can point to to defend him. Its why the conversation is always turned to other managers and the hypothetical because talking about what Jose has done here is not debatable it has been awful.

The fact that the person who is making the point is a Jose fan and not a Spurs fan, by his own admission, makes it even more disingenuous.

That is highly, highly unlikely and based off nothing at all.
Why is it highly, highly unlikely?

When Poch left we were at a turning point. The team needed a reboot. Kane had said more than once he was happy to stay, but that he wanted to win things. The implication was, if he didn't feel he could win with us, he'd consider moving on. Mourinho, with his CV, his record of winning something at every club he's managed, offered him that hope.

Why is it highly, highly unlikely?

When Poch left we were at a turning point. The team needed a reboot. Kane had said more than once he was happy to stay, but that he wanted to win things. The implication was, if he didn't feel he could win with us, he'd consider moving on. Mourinho, with his CV, his record of winning something at every club he's managed, offered him that hope.

Its highly unlikely that Kane stayed because of Jose.

And if you think that is the case then I guess Kane is definitely out of here since Jose has shown he can't come close to winning anything unless you think Kane's dream is to get a small chance at winning the League Cup.

Trying to equate Klopp to Jose as though they are in the same position and should be treated the same way is ridiculous considering what each guy has achieved at their club.
Where did he say that? That's not mentioned in his post at all.
Maybe I missed it, but I would agree Klopp has done far better at Liverpool than Jose has at Spurs so far. Klopp is best manager in the world imo

The fact that the person who is making the point is a Jose fan and not a Spurs fan, by his own admission, makes it even more disingenuous.
Citation needed.

Our squad is easily top 4 In the PL and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to justify our shit run of form under Jose! I wouldn’t put our defence in the top 4 though which makes it even stranger that for the majority of the season Jose tried to win games with our defence ! Anyway still plenty of time to turn it around and it could still be a successful season!
Our squad wasn't top 4 before Mourinho arrived, thats why Poch was sacked.

Let’s take city out of the equation as they are on another level and I think Liverpool have a better squad than us so exempt them as well so from the rest Who would you replace any of the below from with players from other squads excluding city and pool.
Kane, Son, Ndombele , Bale , Reguilon Hjojberg ?
Do we now have a 6-man squad (couldnt even list 11)? The fact that you would try to focus on only our 6 best players and ignore the remaining 19 already makes my point.

Even then, I will humor you,:
- I will take Kante over Hojbjerg
- Pogba over Ndombele.
- Son vs Grealish would depend on if I want a creator or a scorer (and Timo if I want a dud)
- Bale would depend on which Bale - there is a Burnley version which I will gladly keep but the lazy walkaround one I will drop for almost any able bodied player.

Now lets move on to the 19 other players on our squad (cant wait for us to get to Winssoko!)

When there are no facts and logic to use in refute ................................

The facts and logic have been posted many times, you just chose to ignore them.

They are also posted every time the EPL table from last year and this year is posted, every time Jose manages a game for Spurs, every time Jose has us go out weakly in Cup competitions.

Spin as much as you like there is no way to escape the absolute shit sandwich Jose has served up to Spurs fans in his time as manager.

Where did he say that? That's not mentioned in his post at all.
Maybe I missed it, but I would agree Klopp has done far better at Liverpool than Jose has at Spurs so far. Klopp is best manager in the world imo

Citation needed.

You must not be following along if you missed it.

It was from one of his first posts here he said he was a casual fan of teams in white or something like that. I will look for it later.

If he wants to refute to claim that he is a Spurs fan I guess he could.

Back
Top Bottom