Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I haven't given up on Dav! Still think he can be a top level CB. Needs a consistent partner but he's got the ability just needs to cut out the brain farts.

you have to concentrate for 90mins

Dav's an 88 minute man but he's got 90 in him!
Believe!
First it was signing Militao, now its Sanchez being a top CB?

Whatever you have been smoking of late, lay off it.

Sanchez is short on football intelligence. As long as he keeps playing, we will always stand the risk of costly defensive errors. And when the pass is not to a mate right beside him, he often makes us lose possession.

I think he's doing better because Toby is actually leading him. He has the calming presence next to him.
Whereas with Dier you get a guy who is all over the place and just blaming all the other players around him because he can't do his job.

We still need another CB in the summer. Perhaps that VVD figure would be able to help Sanchez and they could form a good partnership. Who knows.

Sanchez? Oh this is an easy one....

He may have looked OK at Ajax and I was happy we signed him at the time, but I could tell almost immediately that the PL was going to expose him.

No composure, no ball skills, no anticipation, no positional sense and can't head a ball to save his life! Not a good look for a modern-day CB! Only thing he has is pace....and he will inevitably lose that one day too.

I very rarely slate one of our current players, but trust me when I tell you that I've played with/against better CBs on Hackney Marches back in the 80s!

Not. Good. Enough. For. Spurs.

I haven't given up on Dav! Still think he can be a top level CB. Needs a consistent partner but he's got the ability just needs to cut out the brain farts.

Believe!

i've gotten 3 "funnies" for this.

This was not meant as a joke post .:deledoubt:

I think he's doing better because Toby is actually leading him. He has the calming presence next to him.
Whereas with Dier you get a guy who is all over the place and just blaming all the other players around him because he can't do his job.

We still need another CB in the summer. Perhaps that VVD figure would be able to help Sanchez and they could form a good partnership. Who knows.
There’s no ‘think’ this is fact

Fulham’s centre back looked Toby 2.0, one to watch

For all the Day haters...

Believe!

Those two posts complement each other in perfect mix.

You can have a CB who makes 20 successful tackles and 10 clearences and wins another 10 header during the 88 minutes.
But within 2 minutes as CB when you lose concentration, you can concede like 3 goals!

That is why one should not ever rate CB based on number of tackles etc.

I agree that he has generally played better in last 2 games. And fair play - both have ended in clean sheets. I agree that it would be harsh on him to be dropped after that, considering that alternative is Dier. I for sure hope he can improve much further and continue to be useful for us.

But I am still sceptical in the long run.
Cause once more - you cannot undo potentially costly mistakes with high number of tackles - one was the mentioned clearance, but he screwed up bad in the end of 1st half as well, when he just let Fulham attacker run past him without commiting in any logical way, that situation ended up with Fulham player being with ball at penalty spot in our box, and when it was pulled back, Fulham midfield player luckly hit it above the goal (that was mostly empty and trajectory for the ball was also free) .

Those two posts complement each other in perfect mix.

You can have a CB who makes 20 successful tackles and 10 clearences and wins another 10 header during the 88 minutes.
But within 2 minutes as CB when you lose concentration, you can concede like 3 goals!

That is why one should not ever rate CB based on number of tackles etc.

I agree that he has generally played better in last 2 games. And fair play - both have ended in clean sheets. I agree that it would be harsh on him to be dropped after that, considering that alternative is Dier. I for sure hope he can improve much further and continue to be useful for us.

But I am still sceptical in the long run.
Cause once more - you cannot undo potentially costly mistakes with high number of tackles - one was the mentioned clearance, but he screwed up bad in the end of 1st half as well, when he just let Fulham attacker run past him without commiting in any logical way, that situation ended up with Fulham player being with ball at penalty spot in our box, and when it was pulled back, Fulham midfield player luckly hit it above the goal (that was mostly empty and trajectory for the ball was also free) .
I'd rather play him over Dier though and that's what I'm clinging on to right now

The man needs to get new cleats!

I don't ever want to see Sanchez dancing on the floor again!

sport referee GIF

Nit picking yes but he was at fault for their goal, Toby was marking a player and at the last second tried to put Benteke off whereas Sanchez was marking nobody, afew other just silly moments

Its sad because he can have brilliant games but to me he is just brainless

Didn’t watch the entire game. Realize he may have been partly at fault for the goal. That’s one goal in three games for our CB partnership. I can say that I am pleased overall.

I really don’t get how every goal is someone’s fault.
Their winger crossed a perfect ball and Benteke really nailed his header, for me it was a really nice goal and a lot tougher opportunity than the Son header. Sometimes it’s just a good goal, no?

Back
Top Bottom