Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Downing tools is an expression used when the players are no longer playing for the manager. It could be the whole squad, a group of highly influential ones or another group of less influential but a significant number. But losing the dressing room another word for it happens all the time, it's why managers get sacked. It's not just Spurs players and only Spurs players that do it, it's not a disease that exists with one group of players that only this group of players dose, meaning you eradicate it if you toss those players aside.

It happens as a consequence of management, either having one that the players don't believe in, dislike and don't respect or have confidence in or they simply can't be motivated by the same methods and practises/behaviours over an extended period of time.

It happens under some of the shittest and best managers in the world in clubs all over the world. It's a perfectly normal thing to happen.
Jose really has turned it into an art form though

Jose really has turned it into an art form though
100% Probably no other manager that can cause this state of affairs to occur so rapidly and to such a large or significant number of players.

I was also going to say made al the worse for repeating it so many times but then when the reward is a multimillion-pound pay off it's not exactly a deterrent that requires his attention to perhaps address his methods. To the cynically minded it could be argued it's part of his highly successful business model, as getting bind off from this job along with Utd and chavs twice it would have netted him approx £100m for losing the dressing room!!!

He’s had some good sources inside Spurs. He never spouts off wild transfer rumors and typically if he reports something it’s real
He's also a good chap (and actual Spurs supporter).

If things are going well, he won't get carried away - but conversely if things have gone to shit he'll introduce some calm/rationality to his pieces. If Alasdair starts signalling the end times for José then it's nailed on.

I want him gone, I think he should go now tbh, fuck the cup final, makes no difference, we aren't winning it with him here and I don't want him to have that ego boost from it if we do win.

But what I will say is this, even if we do sack him and bring someone else in, it's going to have to be someone who can truly change the mentality of this club and the players playing for it and someone who will be backed the way Jose has been in the transfer market.

I don't think this is all Jose's fault, these players downed tools under Poch as well, let's not forget that.
Mentality is an excuse children and media use.

It's all about tactics and talent.

Admire your ability to accentuate the, not sure what you are accentuating Baz cos there are no positives
No idea what he is tryto accentuate ?
We could have been 0 points off top 4!
although If spam win then we will be more than two points off top 4 and if Everton win both their games they will over take us. Today was a statement day to go into top 4 with a convincing win to lay down a marker and we failed miserably like so many other times already under Mourinho.

Back
Top Bottom