Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on Mrs P, don't act like you wouldn't accompany him on the Dakar rally, if you know what I mean.
:ossie:

SP64-jargonAVB-afp-702x459.jpg
Actually, that's quite a good photo of him, but you know there's only one man for me..................

:perryman:

Complete BS post match comments from him today. I always thought levy believed in our tradition on playing style and bringing through youth players and would want to continue Thorpe traditions whilst trying to win trophies. Has he sold his soul to the devil now and would take any trophy over what he believed in?
surely he must see we arnt winning anything under Jose and the playing style is atrocious with no improvement since his appointment. Also he must here the fan base through social media and realise he might have half full stadium next season. Agent Mourinho will also have made ore beat players leave mission accomplished whilst spinning £15M/ yr. surely levy must see all this?

Maybe downing tools is harsh, let me word it better.

I think the players lost motivation under Poch after the CL final and I also think the way we are run as a club probably doesn't give the players the impression the club is serious about winning big trophies.

Bringing Jose in was a gamble, one that I think Levy thought would change the mentality of these players and the club, a serial winner, someone known to win the big trophies, I don't think the logic behind the appointment was bad.

However, I think these players think Jose is past it, I think that is very apparent and I think after watching him make poor tactical decisions time and time again and failing to play to our strengths have made the players doubt his ability and the consequence of that is also damaging the players confidence because of poor results.

So, when I say they have downed tools I don't mean they are doing so in a disrespectful manner, more so in a manner that they are just completely fed up with their workplace.
Fair enough you can see the logic in why Levy went for the ‘serial winner’ Mourinho. It’s been obvious for a long time he’s been washed up. If Levy was going down that route, the big shame is that he didn’t go for Ancelotti. He was available it was about a month later Everton hired him.

The Toby thing is so strange. Like how easy is it to say, Toby played 2 long hard matches midweek so we went with Rondon who I’m fully confident in.

Why lie about a verifiable fact when you can just easily BS around it?

almost seems like self sabotage.

When you look at the players and coaching going on at Liverpool and Man City they blow us out of the water. Considering where we and Liverpool were respectively 5 years ago, it's embarrassing.

Let's put the stadium to one side for a moment: in terms of club size vs how we're being run, I'd say it's currently a fight between Woolwich and ourselves for fucking up the most.

I agree.

What's annoying is that we got everything so spot on for a number of years, built a great team on a shoestring, had the youth players come through and a manager bought in to the long term vision and gelling the players together to make an outstanding team - it's like Levy, despite overseeing that, didn't actually take on board what made it a success. I struggle to compute the last 2 years.

I can forgive him for thinking the team was better than it was and I can forgive him for going for Jose who he clearly rated big time, but if we drag it in to another season and lose Son/Kane in the process then i don't see any way back from there

I agree.

What's annoying is that we got everything so spot on for a number of years, built a great team on a shoestring, had the youth players come through and a manager bought in to the long term vision and gelling the players together to make an outstanding team - it's like Levy, despite overseeing that, didn't actually take on board what made it a success. I struggle to compute the last 2 years.

I can forgive him for thinking the team was better than it was and I can forgive him for going for Jose who he clearly rated big time, but if we drag it in to another season and lose Son/Kane in the process then i don't see any way back from there
We need proper direction and structure, and Levy needs to limit himself to negotiating and signing cheques.

When we sacked Poch and brought in Mourinho I don't think there can be a better example of a big football club demonstrating that they didn't know what they were doing and were just making it up as they went along. We can't afford to make mistakes like that repeatedly - we ain't United.

I want him gone, I think he should go now tbh, fuck the cup final, makes no difference, we aren't winning it with him here and I don't want him to have that ego boost from it if we do win.

But what I will say is this, even if we do sack him and bring someone else in, it's going to have to be someone who can truly change the mentality of this club and the players playing for it and someone who will be backed the way Jose has been in the transfer market.

I don't think this is all Jose's fault, these players downed tools under Poch as well, let's not forget that.
Downing tools is an expression used when the players are no longer playing for the manager. It could be the whole squad, a group of highly influential ones or another group of less influential but a significant number. But losing the dressing room another word for it happens all the time, it's why managers get sacked. It's not just Spurs players and only Spurs players that do it, it's not a disease that exists with one group of players that only this group of players dose, meaning you eradicate it if you toss those players aside.

It happens as a consequence of management, either having one that the players don't believe in, dislike and don't respect or have confidence in or they simply can't be motivated by the same methods and practises/behaviours over an extended period of time.

It happens under some of the shittest and best managers in the world in clubs all over the world. It's a perfectly normal thing to happen.

Back
Top Bottom