The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
Honestly. His legs have gone, he turns like an aircraft carrier, he's not especially physical and he routinely gets caught under the high ball. Apart from that, he has got a nice ping on him. But I am going to take away some marks for the tatts and the hairdo. Oh. And being unable to conceal his delight when he heard Mourinho was taking over. That's right.

I certainly think he has lost a lot from when he was at his peak and a lot of him still being one of the best is a commentary on how poor I see the position as currently being but the only CB's I would currently say are definitely better than him right now are Dias, Laporte, VVD, Fofana. I am probably missing someone.

I think there are a lot of guys that I would place in a similar category as him not better not worst, and a ton of guys I would have lower.

Fernandes was shit today. Only thing he did was roll around to get us to put the ball out which they scored from. Us been soft and inept
Mebbe so - but the Bruno fellow is usually a matchwinner for them. Scores goals for fun too. We shoulda pocketed him, whatever the fecking cost

Last edited:
Mebbe so - but the Bruno fellow is usually a matchwinner for them. Scores goals for fun too. We shoulda pocketed him, whatever the efecking cost
An inordinate amounts of penos with a rare flash of class that gets highlighted more because who he plays for.
Maybe im wrong but hey thats how i see it 🤷‍♂️

Mebbe so - but the Bruno fellow is usually a matchwinner for them. Scores goals for fun too. We shoulda pocketed him, whatever the efecking cost

He doesn't score goals for fun though. He scores penalties for fun. The same penalties he wouldn't score here because he wouldn't be on penalties and we don't get the calls that United does.

Yes and it isn't particularly close or debatable. GLC is clearly the better player now.

If Pogba starts caring again it could change but at his current give a fuck levels I would take GLC 100 times out of 100.
GLC is just soooooooo bad just about all the time. Powderpuff shot, gives the ball away for fun. Miserable looking twat too

I’ll give Jose some credit here, he’s the first manager under Levy’s tenure to get us acting like we did in the “notorious” 90’s....FYI, I didn’t mind the 90’s because I was a lot younger and a lot more naive, and more importantly I just accepted Utd would win everything going and we really only made up numbers in the league and had a damn good laugh along the way....
So for the younger members here that don’t quite know what the 90’s was like, the past 18 months to 2 years is pretty close, maybe as close as you will ever see...
We currently have some top class players, we had them back then too, we currently have some shit players, we had shit players back then too, and a whole lot in between....
The shit players usually made the “ok” players we had less than ok, and a combination of both made our top class players want to leave.....
We could not defend for love nor money in the 90’s, probably accumulated about 20 to 30 clean sheets over the entire decade, and we certainly never took winning a game for granted against a top team even when we were 1 or 2 nil up, and more often than not that was the case, but our strikers did usually challenge for the golden boot and we always had a chance at a domestic cup......Sound familiar?.....

get out GIF by Hell's Kitchen's Kitchen

It could happen. All down to money. City and Chelsea are the only going to challenge for league as their owners actually want to win a league. United are only a slush fund for the glazers. City or Chelsea are Kane’s only chance in England of winning a league. Levy would sell to anyone if the price is right and that includes Chelsea

I think for the first 35-40 minutes there today you got a taste of what a half decent coach could do with this bunch of players (even better if we add a couple more) if you actually coached them every day toward a more proactive, possession based ethos.

That was the first half hour of football of ours I've actually not hated with a passion for what seems like months. And it wasn't scintillating, it was still very "paint by numbers" but it was a taste of a football ethos with a midfield in it. And the goal we scored was probably the best goal we've scored all season.

What we need now is a coach who can coach some kind of more possession based ethos, which clearly suits this group of players better, but also teach the players not to wet the bed whenever they don't have the ball and we're back in business.

I think for the first 35-40 minutes there today you got a taste of what a half decent coach could do with this bunch of players (even better if we add a couple more) if you actually coached them every day toward a more proactive, possession based ethos.

That was the first half hour of football of ours I've actually not hated with a passion for what seems like months. And it wasn't scintillating, it was still very "paint by numbers" but it was a taste of a football ethos with a midfield in it. And the goal we scored was probably the best goal we've scored all season.

What we need now is a coach who can coach some kind of more possession based ethos, which clearly suits this group of players better, but also teach the players not to wet the bed whenever they don't have the ball and we're back in business.

It was probably more like the first 6 or 7 minutes, but I agree. Some aggression and urgency over our players. Died again pretty quickly though

It was probably more like the first 6 or 7 minutes, but I agree. Some aggression and urgency over our players. Died again pretty quickly though

I don't even think there was much aggression still, just a couple of midfielders in a cm3 out there that actually wanted the ball, instead of one who is playing in a double pivot, meaning he was hamstrung by responsibility and numerically disadvantaged from the get go.

Last edited:

As BC has noted folks it is all turning around. We got almost a full half of almost scintillating football. As I pointed out last week we are rounding the corner to good things. Trust in Mou as we are moving in the right direction. We just need to give him the summer and a few more players and we will be getting 2 halves of exceptional stuff next year.

for all you folks that want him out you need to check your heads. Are you really Spurs or not? If you think you are then you need to support the coach and players with all you got. Not winning anything this season and playing shit most of the year is exactly what we needed to do. We didn't know it at the time but in reflection it has been good for us. Next year the other teams won't see our success coming until we are out of sight with silverware in our crosshairs.

#TrustInTheWinner #EnjoyTheProcess #WinningIsAboutTheJourneyNotJustTheDestination

As BC has noted folks it is all turning around. We got almost a full half of almost scintillating football. As I pointed out last week we are rounding the corner to good things. Trust in Mou as we are moving in the right direction. We just need to give him the summer and a few more players and we will be getting 2 halves of exceptional stuff next year.

for all you folks that want him out you need to check your heads. Are you really Spurs or not? If you think you are then you need to support the coach and players with all you got. Not winning anything this season and playing shit most of the year is exactly what we needed to do. We didn't know it at the time but in reflection it has been good for us. Next year the other teams won't see our success coming until we are out of sight with silverware in our crosshairs.

#TrustInTheWinner #EnjoyTheProcess #WinningIsAboutTheJourneyNotJustTheDestination

What we need now is a coach who can coach some kind of more possession based ethos, which clearly suits this group of players better, but also teach the players not to wet the bed whenever they don't have the ball
and we're back in business.

Fuck off Mourinho you dickhead

Bazali Bazali how come you are funnying todd1882 todd1882 's post.

That's you.
BC, for some reason I can't quote your other post. I actually don't understand what you are trying to say though. I don't think I implied you want Mou to stay or anything so don't know why you'd feel you needed to defend it. I was expressing my feelings and using you report of the game as proof we are turning a corner. You see green shoots of 40 minutes and reachingforthestars reachingforthestars was entertained for 7 minutes. Evidence that Mou is going in the right direction.

So you should try supporting your team!

Last edited:
BC, for some reason I can quote your other post. I actually don't understand what you are trying to say though. I don't think I implied you want Mou to stay or anything so don't know why you'd feel you needed to defend it. I was expressing my feelings and using you report of the game as proof we are turning a corner. You see green shoots of 40 minutes and reachingforthestars reachingforthestars was entertained for 7 minutes. Evidence that Mou is going in the right direction.

So you should try supporting your team!

Unfortunately your militant sarcasm will be lost on many, my post was for them, not you.

Back
Top Bottom