Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Newcastle paid £20 million for Callum Wilson and Villa paid not much more than 25 million for Ollie Watkins.
I think it is less the money and more that they know the only time they will ever play will be early rounds of the cups or if Harry is injured.
He could of had wilson if levy had put his hands in those deep pockets. We were interested but knowing him he was trying to put Bournemouth over a barrel because they were relegated.

I still think we need to see a bit more of him before a full judgment can be made, especially in the PL. He was pretty anonymous yesterday, but I like some of what I've seen elsewhere. I do worry about his touch and his hold up play. I would say at the moment I would be happy to take a punt if he's cheap. But I wouldn't want to spend more than £15-20 million.

I still think we need to see a bit more of him before a full judgment can be made, especially in the PL. He was pretty anonymous yesterday, but I like some of what I've seen elsewhere. I do worry about his touch and his hold up play. I would say at the moment I would be happy to take a punt if he's cheap. But I wouldn't want to spend more than £15-20 million.
Once more - 20 mil pounds is close to Watkins price...who is HG and 3x the player Vinicius is.

I don't think you'll be getting much of a back-up striker for less than £15 mill, even in the COVID age.

Who would you like us to get in?

Looking at his performance yesterday
a) I'd be fine having Scarlett or Parrott before him
b) I am not saying that we should not invest 15 to even 25 mil to back-up stiker - we could, but not on player who manages to control the ball once in 10 tries against relegation fodder side like Toon

Looking at his performance yesterday
a) I'd be fine having Scarlett or Parrott before him
b) I am not saying that we should not invest 15 to even 25 mil to back-up stiker - we could, but not on player who manages to control the ball once in 10 tries against relegation fodder side like Toon
I would be up for either Scarlett or Parrott and another back-up striker. We should have several striking options - I'm not in favour of having (hopefully) Kane and one other senior striker, I think that's foolhardy. Son hasn't yet re-signed.

Daka, Malen, Boadu, Vlahovic, Weghorst, Ings, Callum Wilson, Andre Silva, Kaladjzic and the list goes on. All players likely to be available this summer for fees that won't absolutely break the bank. Some I'd want, some I wouldn't.

All of them are better players than Carlos Vinicius. I'd hate to think we'd be starting him in PL games at any point next season. A nice lad and did well in Europa games, best of luck to him.

I've thought about it and he has been pretty poor in the PL.
I can't work out if its because Jose's style of play requires the ST to hold up the ball way more than any other ST would normally but honestly his hold up play is awful and while he has shown poacher instincts he needs to do way more to start games or even with Harry Kane.

I don't think its worth buying him. There's probably better ST'S out there for around £15-20m.

If we want a poacher to play alongside Kane, in the role we've been playing him, then Dele should do it. He's far better at that, even now, than Vinny.

He doesn't look to be good enough on the ball to play alone as a striker in the EPL.

So I don't think it makes sense to buy him given his age.

From what I have seen, I really don't mind the dude.

This style of play doesn't suit him though, or anyone outside Kane and Son.

He can’t control the ball, no style of play outside of Burnley-ball would suit him. That‘s just the truth.

He’s a CB who was converted to play as a striker and at this level it shows. Nice guy and handy against Marine but not a player who belongs at a PL team. You have to be able to control the ball under pressure in tight spaces and he simply can‘t.

He can’t control the ball, no style of play outside of Burnley-ball would suit him. That‘s just the truth.

He’s a CB who was converted to play as a striker and at this level it shows. Nice guy and handy against Marine but not a player who belongs at a PL team. You have to be able to control the ball under pressure in tight spaces and he simply can‘t.

Oh if that is the truth, then fuck me and my falsities

Back
Top Bottom