Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He can’t control the ball, no style of play outside of Burnley-ball would suit him. That‘s just the truth.

He’s a CB who was converted to play as a striker and at this level it shows. Nice guy and handy against Marine but not a player who belongs at a PL team. You have to be able to control the ball under pressure in tight spaces and he simply can‘t.
Louder
spot on.

Louder
spot on.
He can’t control the ball, no style of play outside of Burnley-ball would suit him. That‘s just the truth.

He’s a CB who was converted to play as a striker and at this level it shows. Nice guy and handy against Marine but not a player who belongs at a PL team. You have to be able to control the ball under pressure in tight spaces and he simply can‘t.
Can we try him at CB so? Cant be any worse

He had 3 passes in 45 minutes against Newcastle, lumbering all over the place with the ball bouncing off him. Even Mourinho had to accept how bad he was and dragged him off at HT.
Not comparing them, but Harry sometimes barely gets a touch in a game, although obviously balls rarely bounce off him (on the pitch - no idea what goes on in private).

Strong rumours that he is going to Wolverhampton next season. Given who the agent in the middle of this is, this is the least surprising news of all time 😏
We also seem to be interested in their player Ruben Vinagre, so it all makes sense.

For me he isn't good enough.

Clinical finisher - yeah

But can't hold up/link up play well enough. I know Kane is like one of the best in the world at it but you still expect better from a ST. I know we like to comapre to Kane but compared to other ST'S his play still looks poor.

This fuckn nonsense that Vinny isn't good enough has got to stop.

He has a goal contribution every 77 minutes.

What more do you want from a back up striker?

How many of those goals came against the likes of Marine, Ludogrets and Wolfsberger?

What I would like in a back up striker is a guy who is able to come in to the PL games and contribute, able to step in and start if Kane is out and ideally able to play more than just the striker position but beggars can't be choosers at this point I guess.

Vinicius offers none of that.

I don't see how we can afford to waste a roster spot on a not young, foreign player that only can play in early round Cup games and Europa League qualifiers.

He was brought in to be a back up to Harry Kane and contribute when he's put on the pitch which he has.

He's been useful for what he was brought in to do.

We weren't expecting him to be Cavani or anything were we.

What quality striker would want to play second fiddle to Kane ie no meaningful playing time ?

But when Kane was out he wasn't good enough to be selected to play in the PL.

Do we not expect our back up striker to be able to start a game in the PL?

But when Kane was out he wasn't good enough to be selected to play in the PL.

Do we not expect our back up striker to be able to start a game in the PL?
1 goal in 300 mins where he appeared as a cameo most games? Not great but not terrible.

I wouldn't judge him until he's had a few starts under his belt. Haven't seen enough of him in the PL to be fair to him.

I also wouldn't make much out of Jose not being willing to start him - his judgment has proven to be questionable at every step of his time here.

1 goal in 300 mins where he appeared as a cameo most games? Not great but not terrible.

I wouldn't judge him until he's had a few starts under his belt. Haven't seen enough of him in the PL to be fair to him.

But with the money that it will cost to keep him and the fact he offers nothing to the team outside of goals from the striker position, I don't see how it makes any sense to pay to see if he can improve his game.

I think he was not given near enough minutes but at the same time it wasn't like he was so great that he showed that he is likely to have done more if given more minutes.

With his age, non-HG status, inability to play other positions and limited skill set it seems like an easy, no doubt decision to send him back to Portugal.

KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy Igula Igula

Another issue I have with Carlos Vinicius is that he was dropped from the Benfica first XI when we bought him.
So the decision for Jose not to start him up front when Kane was injured, wasn't just his solitary judgment, clearly the Benfica manager felt the same way too. If he wasn't good enough to start in Portuguese league, it was always unlikely he would be good enough for PL.

He was brought in to be a back up to Harry Kane and contribute when he's put on the pitch which he has.

He's been useful for what he was brought in to do.

We weren't expecting him to be Cavani or anything were we.

What quality striker would want to play second fiddle to Kane ie no meaningful playing time ?
Someone who has room to grow. Not someone who's already peaked in terms of age.

KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy Igula Igula

Another issue I have with Carlos Vinicius is that he was dropped from the Benfica first XI when we bought him.
So the decision for Jose not to start him up front when Kane was injured, wasn't just his solitary judgment, clearly the Benfica manager felt the same way too. If he wasn't good enough to start in Portuguese league, it was always unlikely he would be good enough for PL.
I'm not going to say that Vinicius is good enough for the PL, because he probably isn't, and that's exactly what I said on my first post here, I'm not here to relentlessly defend him like a dumb fanboy. I defend Benfica, that's all 😋 But the "isn't good enough for league X therefore can't play in superior league Y" is not always that simple.

-Raul Jimenez wasn't good enough to start in the Portuguese league.

- Luka Jovic wasn't good enough to even be in Benfica's 25 player squad, he was a B-team player, and not an amazing one there. When he was loaned to Frankfurt he had a ridiculously low fee if they wanted to sign him, because he was a nobody with an irrelevant career in Portugal.

-Vinicius had much better numbers in Portugal than those two combined.

-Bernardo Silva was quickly rushed out of Benfica for a low fee, because he was also a nobody. Note: a nobody to the manager, the fans were sure he was going to be a top top player.

-Jan Oblak was the 2nd/3rd choice keeper, before the clearly inferior 1st choice goalkeeper made a ton of mistakes, forcing the manager to give a chance to Oblak. Again, the fans knew Oblak's quality way before the manager.

-Our manager is a stubborn cunt, and if for any reason he doesn't like a player (he doesn't like Vinicius), doesn't matter if he is Messi, he won't be given a fair chance and will be quickly kicked out of the club (see Bernardo Silva, the stupid manager wanted to play him as a left back...)

Back
Top Bottom