Should we organise a protest/march outside the Tottenham Stadium against the ESL?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember those West Haaamm protests.... all it took was the organisers being bribed with a shiny ltd edition Bobby Moore 66 sovereign ring, 20% Stone Island discount voucher and a free weekend parking at a caravan site in Bognor Regis and the whole thing turned to Astra Goo Goo.

This is happening sadly like it or not.

All of us chip in £1m each and we'll buy the club.

Transfer it to my account, I'll keep it safe.
Aquabats Super Show Agree GIF by The Aquabats!

The knee jerk reaction and hive mentality of everyone is shocking.

No technical details have been published surrounding how the comp and funding will operate and everyone has already formed an opinion.

Morons.

Have patience. Hear the full proposals. Who knows, maybe it will benefit football. The current system is bollocks and the same teams win every year.

Remember those West Haaamm protests.... all it took was the organisers being bribed with a shiny ltd edition Bobby Moore 66 sovereign ring, 20% Stone Island discount voucher and a free weekend parking at a caravan site in Bognor Regis and the whole thing turned to Astra Goo Goo.

It was more threats of violence.
Allegedly...

Never have I even thought to try and organise a mass protest against my own club but this is a time when fans have to come together and do something to save the game we love. The game has been slipping away from fans for decades now - ever since clubs went PLC and the inception of the premier league, the soul of the game has slowly been removed from the game. Year by year us fans have been made more and more irrelevant but we have continuously put up with it due to blind love for our club and a desire to be up there with the so called 'big boys'. Well it's that complacency that has allowed for this corporate monster that is now football, to decimate the english game with this bullshit ESL which attacks the purity of football and competition at it's core. Enough is enough - We, the people, need to take our game back and make a last stand before it's too late. I'm not being melodramatic here when I say this literally is our last chance.

So, I say we should organise a large scale protest outside the tottenham stadium - and I think protests outside the stadium of every one of the 'big six' clubs should be organized at the same time. We all need to unite together and do this as one. Football means to much to all of us and we can't let it die. COYS
Enough is enough. You’re damn right. I’m planning my own protest right now.

No technical details have been published surrounding how the comp and funding will operate and everyone has already formed an opinion.

Morons.

Have patience. Hear the full proposals. Who knows, maybe it will benefit football. The current system is bollocks and the same teams win every year.
Do you honestly think that?
That this will improve football at all?
If so,why not be an open book from the off,instead of a late night announcement ,which even caught out half the managers and players.

There is without doubt going to be some form of protest tomorrow night outside the ground.
I will add my rather large body, and vocal chords to it.

Six Greedy Bastards you know what you are.
We want Levy Out, We Want Levy Out

West Ham moved into Orient’s area and shat all over them. No one seemed to be bothered about that, but when West Ham happened to lose a few games they were all out fighting each other over the poor views they had in an athletic stadium - first world problems.

A myriad of hypocrisy and as if football is for the fans. Only last week our “beloved” club were charging season ticket holders money for tickets that other people were getting for free. That no reason to protest ?

Never have I even thought to try and organise a mass protest against my own club but this is a time when fans have to come together and do something to save the game we love. The game has been slipping away from fans for decades now - ever since clubs went PLC and the inception of the premier league, the soul of the game has slowly been removed. Year by year us fans have been made more and more irrelevant but we have continuously put up with it due to blind love for our club and a desire to be up there with the so called 'big boys'. Well it's that complacency that has allowed for this corporate monster that is now football, to decimate the english game with this bullshit ESL which attacks the purity of football and competition at it's core. Enough is enough - We, the people, need to take our game back and make a last stand before it's too late. I'm not being melodramatic here when I say this literally is our last chance.

So, I say we should organise a large scale protest outside the tottenham stadium - and I think protests outside the stadium of every one of the 'big six' clubs should be organized at the same time. We all need to unite together and do this as one. Football means too much to all of us and we can't let it die. COYS

If I still had the passion of yesteryear for Spurs I'd be there, but I'm just so apathetic with Spurs and football in general, let's be honest its not been the game we all grew up loving for a long long time now and I feel like I've been going through the motions due to having nothing better to do.

But I commend anybody who still has the passion and energy to go and try and save what's left of football.

As mentioned before 150 old school chaps attended the first Stratford protest and had a lot of success. The second one was organised on FB and nobody showed despite 300 people saying they would attend.

Levy got wise to it the second time so any protest needs to have an impact straight off the bat.

No one believed Stratford was actually going to happen though

West Ham moved into Orient’s area and shat all over them. No one seemed to be bothered about that, but when West Ham happened to lose a few games they were all out fighting each other over the poor views they had in an athletic stadium - first world problems.

A myriad of hypocrisy and as if football is for the fans. Only last week our “beloved” club were charging season ticket holders money for tickets that other people were getting for free. That no reason to protest ?
They did give a shit about that...I think there was legal case.
Whataboutery abound.

Morons.

Pro tip if you want to win people over to your side of an argument its probably not a good plan to blanket call people morons.

Doesn't make you look the brightest or most persuasive.

If your doing this it has to be for fan ownership not simply stopping the super league. Football is run and distorted by barons and this super league is a symptom. The end must be Levyout and all the other owners in the prem and wider under a fan ownership system like Germany.

Anything else is not enough.

Eh? look at my posts, I'm always slagging that twat off.

Confused how you could reach the conclusion that suggesting Levy will continue to be a lying duplicitous little weasel is being a diehard levy fan :pritchardeyes:
I didn't say you were a diehard Levy fan., I meant only diehard Levy fans would believe he is going to pay anyone one million a week.

If your doing this it has to be for fan ownership not simply stopping the super league. Football is run and distorted by barons and this super league is a symptom. The end must be Levyout and all the other owners in the prem and wider under a fan ownership system like Germany.

Anything else is not enough.
Yep, we need to make sure they can never attempt this again.

- no to the Super league
- cap on wages/transfer fees and agents fees Europe wide to stop bankruptcy and market distortion.
- majority fan ownership of all clubs

The reason Real and Barca are so desperate for this is trying to keep up with the oil clubs is bankrupting them. Without the dodgy money this would have not been necessary so wage/transfer cap is the most important thing to fix football.

Never have I even thought to try and organise a mass protest against my own club but this is a time when fans have to come together and do something to save the game we love. The game has been slipping away from fans for decades now - ever since clubs went PLC and the inception of the premier league, the soul of the game has slowly been removed. Year by year us fans have been made more and more irrelevant but we have continuously put up with it due to blind love for our club and a desire to be up there with the so called 'big boys'. Well it's that complacency that has allowed for this corporate monster that is now football, to decimate the english game with this bullshit ESL which attacks the purity of football and competition at it's core. Enough is enough - We, the people, need to take our game back and make a last stand before it's too late. I'm not being melodramatic here when I say this literally is our last chance.

So, I say we should organise a large scale protest outside the tottenham stadium - and I think protests outside the stadium of every one of the 'big six' clubs should be organized at the same time. We all need to unite together and do this as one. Football means too much to all of us and we can't let it die. COYS

No. We’re in the middle of a pandemic in case you hadn’t noticed and the last thing we need are more street protests. The sight of those Leeds fans last night made me realise how stupid football fans are.

Is this really important enough to risk lives over? Vote with your feet if you don’t like it, but no protests please.

Back
Top Bottom