Should we organise a protest/march outside the Tottenham Stadium against the ESL?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A protest may not do much. But it is better to organize a protest and make our voices heard. Than not to and appear all in on it.

I've seen that foreign supporter groups at other clubs are demanding their flags that they sent in to cover the stadium during the pandemic to be returned. Worth considering for our international supporter groups looking to make some form of statement.

Aquabats Super Show Agree GIF by The Aquabats!
I see the MC Bat Commander. I click like.

If your doing this it has to be for fan ownership not simply stopping the super league. Football is run and distorted by barons and this super league is a symptom. The end must be Levyout and all the other owners in the prem and wider under a fan ownership system like Germany.

Anything else is not enough.
Fan run is definitely the way forwards, the German model is what you want to strive for.

I feel if the clubs had been run by fans we never would have arrived at a position where players were earning the frankly sick money they are on now, we would have never allowed ticket prices to spiral or traditional competitions like the FA cup to get stomped underfoot and disrespected, would never have allowed the death of the traditional Saturday afternoon fixture to appease the TV men.

The issue is you can't just strip the owners of control, that would be equally immoral and I don't think there is any kind of legal mechanism for that - even with government backing.

We need to hit them in the wallets and force them out that way before regaining control.

I'd advise anyone who stills buys merchandise from the club to boycott and also boycott any of the clubs sponsors, if you have the energy even write to those sponsors and explain why you are boycotting their brand.

That's the only way to force these cunts out

No. We’re in the middle of a pandemic in case you hadn’t noticed and the last thing we need are more street protests. The sight of those Leeds fans last night made me realise how stupid football fans are.

Is this really important enough to risk lives over? Vote with your feet if you don’t like it, but no protests please.

The sight of Liverpool and Leeds fans standing and singing united together last night was a great sight.
Football family coming together against the 6 disgraceful custodians of the clubs.

All clubs fans, the ESL6, and the rest are united in this. Protests are required. And they will be at every ground where any of the 6 are playing home or away.

The vulnerable amongst the country are basically vaccinated now, don't be over dramatic.

Last edited:
There is without doubt going to be some form of protest tomorrow night outside the ground.
I will add my rather large body, and vocal chords to it.

Six Greedy Bastards you know what you are.
We want Levy Out, We Want Levy Out

I feel like going up myself just to sing at that bald greedy twat and the greedy old tax dodging bastard.

If we ever get 62,000 in the ground again he will get dogs abuse.

The knee jerk reaction and hive mentality of everyone is shocking.

No technical details have been published surrounding how the comp and funding will operate and everyone has already formed an opinion.

Morons.

Have patience. Hear the full proposals. Who knows, maybe it will benefit football. The current system is bollocks and the same teams win every year.
😂

The trouble with protest for protests sake is you end up with America syndrome - thousands of well intentioned people with no clear goals hijacked by a few lunatics and anarchists - if you don't see that happening with football crowds where have you been all your life?

If there is to be a protest it needs to have a purpose and be well planned:

1 - Peacefully block all emergency access to the stadium to prevent the game being played
2 - Enter the stadium early and chain yourself to the roof/pillars/whatever so again the emergency services will prevent the game being played.

Just milling around Tottenham High Road probably getting pissed up whilst probably a good laugh, will not achieve anything, and you can bet a penny to a pound it will not end well.

The greedy cunts are deliberately pushing this now with no fans and restrictions in place.

I hope it bites them on the arse, seriously, wouldn't bother me if we went down over this tbh. Play some kids, fuck all these money grabbing, lazy cunt players off and restart with new owners hopefully.

No. We’re in the middle of a pandemic in case you hadn’t noticed and the last thing we need are more street protests. The sight of those Leeds fans last night made me realise how stupid football fans are.

Is this really important enough to risk lives over? Vote with your feet if you don’t like it, but no protests please.
We are coming out of a pandemic actually. You don't have to go and have no right to tell others not to.

- no to the Super league
- cap on wages/transfer fees and agents fees Europe wide to stop bankruptcy and market distortion.
- majority fan ownership of all clubs

The reason Real and Barca are so desperate for this is trying to keep up with the oil clubs is bankrupting them. Without the dodgy money this would have not been necessary so wage/transfer cap is the most important thing to fix football.
But I don’t think that will happen anymore than Fair Play happened

Clubs with top lawyers and creative accountants like ManC will always find a way round it

Fan run is definitely the way forwards, the German model is what you want to strive for.

I feel if the clubs had been run by fans we never would have arrived at a position where players were earning the frankly sick money they are on now, we would have never allowed ticket prices to spiral or traditional competitions like the FA cup to get stomped underfoot and disrespected, would never have allowed the death of the traditional Saturday afternoon fixture to appease the TV men.

The issue is you can't just strip the owners of control, that would be equally immoral and I don't think there is any kind of legal mechanism for that - even with government backing.

We need to hit them in the wallets and force them out that way before regaining control.

I'd advise anyone who stills buys merchandise from the club to boycott and also boycott any of the clubs sponsors, if you have the energy even write to those sponsors and explain why you are boycotting their brand.

That's the only way to force these cunts out

Fan boycotts won’t work, we are legacy fans. The market is China and America and such. Government has to intervene but I don’t trust Boris, he will just stop the super league or put things in the way and not tackle the wider issue.

Brexit is done, and the Tories have an outright majority, if they wanted to force fan ownership they could do but it would be the nuclear option. But then again the Super League is also a nuclear option.

Fan boycotts won’t work, we are legacy fans. The market is China and America and such. Government has to intervene but I don’t trust Boris, he will just stop the super league or put things in the way and not tackle the wider issue.

Brexit is done, and the Tories have an outright majority, if they wanted to force fan ownership they could do.
under what legal mechanism? they don't have the power to just remove control from a private company.

I agree about us being legacy fans and the other markets are far bigger, but don't think we have much else we can do, other than boycott matches when we are allowed to return to stadiums.

Hindsight.

People love giving it large on the internet but can rarely get off their arses to do anything about it.

No hindsight, I remember the issue well from the time and most people saw it for what it was - stopping West Ham having a free run at it.

That's not to say people aren't all talk but i remember there being little traction for a protest about Stratford among the people i know i over Spurs

No hindsight, I remember the issue well from the time and most people saw it for what it was - stopping West Ham having a free run at it.

That's not to say people aren't all talk but i remember there being little traction for a protest about Stratford among the people i know i over Spurs

The people I know showed, made their feelings known and generated lots of anti Stratford headlines in the media.

We must mix in different circles.

under what legal mechanism? they don't have the power to just remove control from a private company.

I agree about us being legacy fans and the other markets are far bigger, but don't think we have much else we can do, other than boycott matches when we are allowed to return to stadiums.

Parliament is sovereign, if they put a bill through the commons they make the mechanism. It would most likely be based on gross misconduct, it wouldn’t take away the money just the governance or require fan approval before any decision.

I'm still convinced that this is not happening.

I see the timing of the announcement as the clubs taking a stand against UEFA and their "new & improved" Champions League format where UEFA invites more teams, adds additional games, and UEFA pockets way more money off the backs of the clubs than they pay out to the clubs.

Hearing Cerefin raging on about the greed and cowardice of the 12 clubs is one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

Back
Top Bottom