In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would nagelsmann come to spurs to achieve what?

If he wants to be a real difference maker it's the ideal job. It's a club the potential to compete for all the top titles as Poch showed, but it has to be done with highly skilled management to bridge the gap to the oil/gas clubs. But if he wants absolute guarantees of winning league title, then Bayern is a better choice. Depends what kind of character he is ultimately.

Bayern, be it a very well ran club from the outside, seems to be a place you stay for just a couple of years. Interesting insight into why. It works for them though; they buy up all the german talent and have a vision for the club.

At this point, Levy's vision is this:

Throwing Money GIF by memecandy
Maybe they would want Jose ?

If he wants to be a real difference maker it's the ideal job. It's a club the potential to compete for all the top titles as Poch showed, but it has to be done with highly skilled management to bridge the gap to the oil/gas clubs. But if he wants absolute guarantees of winning league title, then Bayern is a better choice. Depends what kind of character he is ultimately.
Bigger transfer budget, higher chances of winning things, CL, just about everything says going to Bayern is a better choice.

I also wonder whether Rodgers would leave Leicester. They are better than us now but we have probably a higher ceiling.
I'm sure Rodgers would leave Leicester for us, (don't laugh), we are one of the Big 5,we have history, heritage, and a style of play that all the supporters crave.

Yes, we are awful, have been for 2 years now, BUT if that right hit levy was to give Rodgers a few assurences, Rodgers would come.

I believe he is the right man,... However every ex Chelsea man at our club has been dire 🤔😂😢

Bigger transfer budget, higher chances of winning things, CL, just about everything says going to Bayern is a better choice.

The PL is a bigger stage where the majority of elite managers end up. London is a world city and a more interesting place to live than Munich, which is provincial in comparison. If he fails at Bayern, his top level career is over, if he succeeds he won't get that much credit as the Bundersliga is a one team league.

Yeah to me it's two distinctly different questions.

1. why would he want to come to Spurs? Well, there a lot of reasons and it would actually be a really good match for both him and the club
2. why would he want to come to Spurs over Bayern? That's a much harder question if you're Spurs. And most likely it all points to Bayern.

I've never really thought about a combined Leicester/Spurs XI, but now that you mention it...I think only Son and Kane would get in their side, maybe Lloris too. So we'll take Lloris in goal. Perieira (I have spelt his name wrong probably) at right-back. Fofana and Evans are both better than any of our central defenders in my opinion. James Justin is a better left-back than Reg. Ndidi is a better defensive midfielder than Hojbjerg. From what I have seen of both players in the Premier League, I'd take Tielemans over N'Dombele. Kane as the number 9, with the 3 behind him as Son, Maddison and Vardy.

Not that anybody asked me. Carry on!
What about Rodon

The PL is a bigger stage where the majority of elite managers end up. London is a world city and a more interesting place to live than Munich, which is provincial in comparison. If he fails at Bayern, his top level career is over, if he succeeds he won't get that much credit as the Bundersliga is a one team league.
A lot of delusional thinking on here about Nagelsmann.

He goes to Bayern, the biggest club in Germany, as a German manager, probably wins trophies and bolsters his growing reputation. Spurs is a much bigger risk for him - not exactly guaranteed trophies (lol) and working for Levy.

The only point of your I think has traction is the London pull but the super rich can enjoy the same sort of lifestyle virtually anywhere - for many Munich (great city btw) would probably be a nicer place to live than London. It depends what you want.

I'm sure Rodgers would leave Leicester for us, (don't laugh), we are one of the Big 5,we have history, heritage, and a style of play that all the supporters crave.

Yes, we are awful, have been for 2 years now, BUT if that right hit levy was to give Rodgers a few assurences, Rodgers would come.

I believe he is the right man,... However every ex Chelsea man at our club has been dire 🤔😂😢
Yeah I just don't know at the moment, looking at it objectively it is a risk with the Poch and Mou sackings since 2019. But we do have world-class infrastructure and I read Rodgers' comments the other day in his conference as definite interest.

He goes to Bayern, the biggest club in Germany, as a German manager, probably wins trophies and bolsters his growing reputation. Spurs is a much bigger risk for him - not exactly guaranteed trophies (lol) and working for Levy.

The only point of your I think has traction is the London pull but the super rich can enjoy the same sort of lifestyle virtually anywhere - for many Munich (great city btw) would probably be a nicer place to live than London. It depends what you want.

If you look at the recent managerial appointments going back several years of the likes of Bayern, Juve, Barcelona etc, very few are what are considered too tier because the PL is the number one choice of top level managers.

If you look at the recent managerial appointments going back several years of the likes of Bayern, Juve, Barcelona etc, very few are what are considered too tier because the PL is the number one choice of top level managers.
I can see Nagelsmann coming to the PL at some stage but I reckon Bayern is by far and away his most likely destination next - can get trophies under his belt at a young age then take risks later. Plus the German/regional connection.

In an ideal world I would want

Nagelsmann
Rodgers
Potter
Ten Hag
Nuno

I think the likely ones are probably something like

Potter
Howe
Martinez
Nuno
Ten Hag
Rodgers

A bit of a curveball in this is have we pissed off other PL clubs so much they won't let their managers talk to us. Probably not a factor by the summer I reckon.

I am assuming Bayern can also pay him a lot more as well.

I can see Nagelsmann coming to the PL at some stage but I reckon Bayern is by far and away his most likely destination next - can get trophies under his belt at a young age then take risks later. Plus the German/regional connection.

In an ideal world I would want

Nagelsmann
Rodgers
Potter
Ten Hag
Nuno

I think the likely ones are probably something like

Potter
Howe
Martinez
Nuno
Ten Hag
Rodgers

A bit of a curveball in this is have we pissed off other PL clubs so much they won't let their managers talk to us. Probably not a factor by the summer I reckon.
Out of that lower list it has to be Ten Hag.

He has actually achived something against the stronger teams in European competitions and despite losing his star players every year to other teams, he has still performed.

Back
Top Bottom