Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a big fan of Levy, no idea what what stringsJoe Louis pulls but.....
having followed Spurs for 50 years I can't help feeling that many of those years were spent at mid table and that the last 10 have been some of the best with regular European trips and CL appearances. Money talks and the clubs above us with massively richer backers will always have first pick of the best players so maybe our expectations should reflect that. What I think I'm trying to say is that I don't agree replacing Levy and ENIC would change the team performance but...you never know. Call me xenophobic but I prefer the club to be owned and run by Brits than some foreign nationals with no understanding of our culture.

I cannot agree that ENIC get a pass as clubs above us with massively richer backers will always have first pick of the best players and therefore we should be grateful we do as well as we do

It is simply not true. Look at Leicester. In no way a bigger or richer club with more income.

We can all be bitter and moan about FFP and steroids, but facts is facts and Leicester won the title 5 years ago. We won it 60 years ago.

We finished 6th last season, them 5th. This season they wiped their cock in our mouths at our place and will likely finish fucking 3rd while we seem intent on being the first English team to be knocked out of the UEFA Conference League quarter finals.

If Leicester is our benchmark and not a United or City, then even here we come up short.

Leicester have Tielemans. We have Ndombele. I know who is a better player and cost a lot less. Flipping Ndidi is better as well. Both combined were cheaper than Ndombele !

Leicester don’t seem to have a problem bringing quality to the attacking part of the squad due to Vardy being “too good” yet we embarrassingly fail with back up for Kane year after year. Christ even Vinicius is on loan. A LOAN. And they have Iheancho ! It’s a huge piss take.
Leicester might be embarrassing, but their owners are not cunting the fans off with a 29 year old trainee coach while offering a pretend “premium” product. Our owners now want to bung Leicester tens of millions of pounds for a manager who didn’t want any part of us ten years ago and with his toothy delight has mugged us off year after year since.

ENIC OUT. Took the 4th most decorated team in England to the brink of more than one trophy in 20 years. It’s Pathetic.

I'm not entirely sure the expectations of some fans is justified. We built a great squad under Poch that achieved the target of regular champions league football and gained us entry into the 'big boys club'.

Comparisons with Leicester seem way off the mark. They followed up their League win by selling their best players and 12th, 9th, 9th, 5th finishes.

The Champions League final was the conclusion of 5 years of hard work from the squad and coaching staff. We lost to the best team in world football running on fantastic form.

Players bunt out, time to rebuild and try again - realistically this is a 4 year plan - but we want instant transition, instant success?

1. We hire the most successful coach in world football.
2. Break transfer record and salary cap to bring in Ndombele.
3. Bring back one of the worlds greatest footballers in Gareth Bale.
4. We don't 'do a Leicester' - we keep our best players (Kane, Son, Toby, Lloris, Dele).

SO, WE DID THE RIGHT THING.......WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG

a. Jose didn't bring his backroom staff. Turns out he's not the football brain he pretended to be.
b. Ndombele (and Lo Celso) hasn't performed at the level we expected.
c. We tried everything to get Eriksen to stay. He didn't. Lo Celso cannot pass for toffee.
d. Something happened to Dele

WHAT DO WE DO NEXT

Rebuild. Move on the older players, bring in the younger players and build again. Fans must accept this will take 2 seasons of mediocracy - fighting for 4th at best.

He’s spot on though.
Its astonishing that despite all Levy’s huff and bluff, a manager of the calibre of Rodgers (let’s be honest hardly top top bracket) has no interest in talking to us... embarrassing really.
Its not astonishing. He's seen how ENIC have treated Poch who had a good relationship with Levy. It's just not worth it, the owners say they have ambition but their only ambition is profit.

Last edited:
the problem for me has been when we were doing well we should have got in 1 or 2 good players each year, moving on players not coming up to level needed
Poch wanted to work with a small sqaud and didn't want to loan out the younger players, with a small squad you need turn over players because of burn out, young players need to play to get experiance (that's why we need players out in the championship players)

Woolwich owners have said they are going nowhere despite protests and I believe ENIC will do the same. However Levy may take more of a back seat and appoint a DOF again and whilst he will still be there, his interference good or bad will be reduced. This will not please many fans but realistically is more likely. This will mean the DOF if appointed quickly will have a say in the new Manager appointment rather than just Levy. Due to Covid, sacking Mourinho and fall out from Super league the club will like others make a huge loss this year. It is very possible next year will not be much better financially.

Written for Twitter after the poll I did:

ENIC - where do we go from here (a thread). The last 10 days have been chaotic for football and fans in general. I made a poll on my page. I asked you "Where do Spurs go from here? A new manager comes in the summer, but above him - what is the best solution for the coming years?"
The alternatives were to keep Enic and hire a new manager (6%), the next one was to keep Enic and hire a new manager as well as a new Director of Football (40%). Enic In 46% overall.
Enic Out and the call for new owners got 54%.

Without a doubt there is a growing frustration from fans and 94% of the votes said that we need to change more than just the manager this time. With around 150 votes it's not more than an indication, but still a sign that the fans are unhappy. I have engaged in discussions with many fellow fans. Personally, I want us to hire a Director of Football and I think we are stuck with ENIC. ENIC has brought us from mid-table to top 4 contenders, to title contenders under Pochettino. We had the best football we have seen for a long time. Mistakes have been made along the way, Stratford, sacking Jol at the time we did, hiring Mourinho.

However, when I look at the other owners of the top club I wouldn't want any of them near our club. So what would be the alternative to ENIC and how many really want them to go, only to be replaced by the big Unknown? I have seen a few banners and I have seen a dozen frustrated fans outside the stadium. To make a decision, you must know what you do next. At the moment is ENIC Out nothing more than that. A good alternative must be there, until then, we need changes from within.

The same gullible fans that think this team is good enough for top 4 and just need better coaching are the same gullible fans that thought we’d get Nagelsmann etc.

Brendan Rodgers is Levy’s man. Low on confidence, easy to manipulate. Won’t question signings or ask for money. Perfect Yes man.
Apart from the fact he's just said 'no'.

They have overseen the most barren run of trophies this club has witnessed since before the first league title. One fucking league cup is quite frankly a disgrace. Move on and give someone else a chance.

I know silverware hasn't been forthcoming but we have transformed into a top 4/big 6 side under Enic. That is fact. We have no divine right to be in this group.

We now have great infrastructure in place but getting to this position meant that eyes were taken off the ball in the last few years with respect to investing in the playing staff.

I think Levy struck gold with Poch and Kane/Dele and stumbled upon a group that allowed us to over-achieve while the infrastructure development was taking place.

Covid may well be a valid excuse not to but everything is in place now to pay as much attention to recruitment as we have been doing to off the pitch matters. The next few transfer windows are huge.

I grew up supporting Spurs finishing lower mid-table and the fact I've been able to feel proud about my team over the last 10 or so years is a great thing.

It's all gone to shit in the last 3 years basically as poor squad management has caught up with us but we are simply at the start of a new cycle. We need a new project manager to come in and couple that with serious investment in the squad.

No reason to think we can't be a force again in 2-3 years.

They have overseen the most barren run of trophies this club has witnessed since before the first league title. One fucking league cup is quite frankly a disgrace. Move on and give someone else a chance.
A little perspective is needed.

Where were we on and off the pitch when they came in?
Oil money at City and Chelsea.
Three other massive clubs which until know had much more to spend.

The stadium we are building is a way to change that and a reason why we could get Ndombele, give Kane a 200k wage and hire Mourinho (expensive as f**k),

Back
Top Bottom