Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It does matters. In our current state, if we can't get a good manager, I am afraid with Levy's vision of money first, we're on a stiff decline.
We have had good managers who could have done so much more without levys interference but proper backing.

This crossroads the club is at was first hinted at when we signed vdv and Harry had no idea he had been signed, although a great signing, how many flops have we wasted money on or lost out on our managers targets due to levys last minute fax machine based antics

I am not sure what your definition of elite is but I would say guys like Klopp, Poch, Nagelsmann, Ten Haag, Galtier, Kovac (at Monaco not Bayern) are guys who have won or are currently willing with non-elite rosters or massive spending.

Plenty of managers would have got a lot more out of this squad than the pure shit that Jose gave us.
Sorry I'm not trying to be difficult but a number of them managers have won nothing to very little. And the ones that have won have done it in weaker leagues. Even Ten Haag, he manages Ajax who are the Manchester United of the Dutch league.

The ones who have won plenty (e.g klopp) had substantial backing. He bought the most expensive gk ever, and the most sought after central defender in the world. This was to plug remaining weaknesses in the Liverpool side, and guess what....they suddenly went from beatable to unstoppable. Spurs have had similar opportunities with the redknapp side and the Poch side. You mention Poch and I agree he's incredible, but he couldn't do anything with this spurs squad.

If you have a strong base, you do what Liverpool do and fill key weaknesses if you want to win a cup. Can anyone remember a time when ENIC pushed the boat out at the opportune moment?

We have had good managers who could have done so much more without levys interference but proper backing.

This crossroads the club is at was first hinted at when we signed vdv and Harry had no idea he had been signed, although a great signing, how many flops have we wasted money on or lost out on our managers targets due to levys last minute fax machine based antics
I don't disagree. What I meant is if we, fans accept the no shit given attitude now regarding good managers, we are gonna have a rude awakening call. Having a terrible manager now when Levy is focusing on damage control on revenue may set us back a decade

Yes ENIC and Levy are a huge issue that hinders the managers, but that doesn't mean we would accept any shit yes man managers thrown our way, so Levy can repay for his previous mistakes.

As long as he has £40m + from ST holders rolling in and the promise of NFL and boxing, concerts etc on the horizon then levy is going to carry on.

Then we see an NFL team buying us......anchor tenants and all that.......
Wonder how much they would pump into “soccer”.

Sorry I'm not trying to be difficult but a number of them managers have won nothing to very little. And the ones that have won have done it in weaker leagues. Even Ten Haag, he manages Ajax who are the Manchester United of the Dutch league.

The ones who have won plenty (e.g klopp) had substantial backing. He bought the most expensive gk ever, and the most sought after central defender in the world. This was to plug remaining weaknesses in the Liverpool side, and guess what....they suddenly went from beatable to unstoppable. Spurs have had similar opportunities with the redknapp side and the Poch side. You mention Poch and I agree he's incredible, but he couldn't do anything with this spurs squad.

If you have a strong base, you do what Liverpool do and fill key weaknesses if you want to win a cup. Can anyone remember a time when ENIC pushed the boat out at the opportune moment?

Klopp win while at Dortmund without massive spending and while he bought at Liverpool he didn't have more money than Chelsea, City or United or RM, PSG, Barca, Juve in CL.

I am not saying that guys can be given peanuts and win, but many of them have done a lot more with less than Jose did with us. If all Jose can do is get results with top level players he is not elite.

Jose has shown that he is not elite anymore, during his prime he no doubt was, but put any of those managers I mention in his place with us and the results are much, much better and the football is lightyears better to watch.

Jose being a disaster does not mean Levy isn’t. In fact it reinforces the argument , as he hired him on 15 million a year

I agree. I have been ENIC out since Poch was still here. I think Levy is a massive problem.

I think that Levy, Jose, the scouting staff and the players can all be problems. Doesn't have to just be one issue.

Jose was publicly very happy with the squad he had at the midpoint of the season.
We have some serious players with great mentality. The plan is about slow building for following years with Mourinho, which is a good squad to build upon.

For a team that is judged by result, then this team is clearly flawed with a hole for everyone to see in central defender position. Dippers is having similar shit season as us missing out VVD, and defender crisis. They were at not long ago in much better condition than us. Even them, not crazy enough, to change the manager now where it looks like all is lost. Changing manager before a cup final, for the only leftover positive of season. Just after ESL announcement. Can't be just mere coincidence?! Looks like Levy gambled all in ESL, and jump the bandwagon

Jose was publicly very happy with the squad he had at the midpoint of the season.
Pretty much every manager says that. Especially just 12 months into a job and midway through a season.

Saying otherwise is basically telling your players they're shit.

Even Poch used to say he was happy with his squad. Even though it was patently obvious that he wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom