Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Nagelsman and Rodgers out.

I'm really no Mourinho fan boy but he has well and truly shown levy up. Before him there was always the question of "do we need an elite manager to win things."

Firstly it's not true, Chelsea won the champions league with Di Matteo.

Mourinho is an elite manager, and highlights that the job is a thankless task. You can't win things when profit and commercial growth is prioritised over the strength of the squad. People say "our squad has been good enough to win things." No. It hasn't. It's always lacked depth and had severe frailties that Liverpool's squad didn't have last year until they got burnt out from klopps high tempo.

Jose has shown he is not an elite manager anymore with his time at United and now us.

He hasn’t shown Levy up at all and will be lucky to get a mediocre job at this point in his career.

Jose has shown he is not an elite manager anymore with his time at United and now us.

He hasn’t shown Levy up at all and will be lucky to get a mediocre job at this point in his career.
You cannot bring in a notoriously defensive manager, reliant on a stonewall block defence and expect him to do well when you have some of the most mistake prone defenders in the league.

You cannot bring in a notoriously defensive manager, reliant on a stonewall block defence and expect him to do well when you have some of the most mistake prone defenders in the league.

The same defenders that he talked up before he came here and then when he got here.

You can also expect that a so-called elite manager is able to get something out of players that aren't all elite.

If he can only win with 500m spending every window then he is not elite.

The same defenders that he talked up before he came here and then when he got here.

You can also expect that a so-called elite manager is able to get something out of players that aren't all elite.

Name me some managers that are considered elite and have consistently won things without that level of spending or inherited a squad that didn't cost a bomb.

Its not that simple to expect a manager to turn water into wine. If you bring in a manager, the expectation is you give them tools that suit their needs.

For anyone still on the fence about Levy.

Time for this profit hunting, club rapist to get fucked and replaced by someone who gives a shit about winning silverware.

To those offended by me calling Levy a club rapist. Sorry ❄️

That crap came out weeks ago, see my Avatar.
Saying that though, selling that is a 100% guarantee of losing the final. All for maybe £10k of merchandise profit? Totally embarrassing.

Name me some managers that are considered elite and have consistently won things without that level of spending or inherited a squad that didn't cost a bomb.

Its not that simple to expect a manager to turn water into wine. If you bring in a manager, the expectation is you give them tools that suit their needs.

I am not sure what your definition of elite is but I would say guys like Klopp, Poch, Nagelsmann, Ten Haag, Galtier, Kovac (at Monaco not Bayern) are guys who have won or are currently willing with non-elite rosters or massive spending.

Plenty of managers would have got a lot more out of this squad than the pure shit that Jose gave us.

The distinction with Jose is not the amount of money being spent, he created juggernauts at Porto with no money and Inter with comparatively little.

The distinction is time, and the evolution of football tactics. He's yesterday's man, and no amount of money would have fixed that at United or here.

Calamity-prone CB's like Dier and Sanchez certainly did not help matters of course, for whatever that's worth.

I'm afraid Rodgers not being interested sums us up under Levy. For all his training ground and stadium vanity projects serious managers do not see us as a serious football club. They know the transfer dealings are going to be like pulling teeth, limited budget, last minute deals etc and clearly dont want to work for him. Appointing managers now like our transfer strategy, onto the 3rd or 4th choice.

TBF he "failed" at United by winning the LC and Europa League, which a little over a month ago we would have considered a rousing success. Some of the much increased nature of his failure here has to be placed on the squad and Levy. Pretending we only had a Mourinho problem will only lengthen the rot.

I am actually starting to believe we will never lift a cup in my lifetime. Fuck that bald headed twat levy. I want glory days of a milk cup and white hart lane. No super league or any more this bullshit. Anyways I have my own mental health issues to deal with than talk about self destruct fc.

TBF he "failed" at United by winning the LC and Europa League, which a little over a month ago we would have considered a rousing success. Some of the much increased nature of his failure here has to be placed on the squad and Levy. Pretending we only had a Mourinho problem will only lengthen the rot.

But those things are not what are considered successful at United, especially not with the money they spend.

I agree the problem is bigger than Jose, but he was a big part of the problem and a massive obstacle to us fixing this going forward.

But those things are not what are considered successful at United, especially not with the money they spend.

I agree the problem is bigger than Jose, but he was a big part of the problem and a massive obstacle to us fixing this going forward.
There was no future for that project. Which we all knew going in. It was either going to work or not, but it was never going to last.

Back
Top Bottom