Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

o7qxzlg93ev61.jpg

Poison

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

It's a struggle to come to terms with the fact that we had quality teams with momentum twice, the Harry redknapp side and the Poch side.

In both situations the team was on the cusp of special things, and this was not met with financial support but instead a reigning in of transfers.

So the goal will always be to build a team that accesses the revenue of top4, without actually committing to capitalising on good form to win trophies.
That's about all there is to say.

Surely levy and co must know this next period is their last throw of the dice.

I think the most telling thing for me is that he sacked Mourinho 6 days before a cup final and employed Ryan Mason. Levy isn't interested in winning trophies he was more concerned about a potential pay out for Mourinho.

His biggest achievement is building a nice stadium, that cost £600m over budget and was delivered 2 years late. ENIC OUT

ENIC aren't going to change, if you think they will, you're deluded.

Their strategy is getting top four and maximizing profits, they will NEVER spend what is required to win trophies because they don't care about them, they don't care about the fans or sentimentality, they don't even care about football, that's the truth.

Anybody who is gullible enough to believe that Levy is a fan or cares about the club needs to have a word with themselves, it's fucking nuts to think this greedy corporate yes man gives a singular fuck about football or about us winning trophies.

He is there to make ENIC consistent profit, trophies are irrelevant.

The only way we will ever win one is if we get new owners or they suddenly start giving a fuck about winning them and spend ludicrous amounts of money and turn us into City (which isn't going to happen.)

They only built the stadium for profit as well and to acquire more infrastructure.

People saying "be careful what you wish for" have just bought into the brainwashing which is really sad.

Some of us just wish for us to resemble a football club again, not just a soulless shell of one.
Whilst I get the sentiment due to the lack of trophies, we have had squads capable of winning them. We’ve got to many semis and a few finals and the players don’t turn up. That’s not wholly on ENIC. They have a part to play, sure, but it’s up to the players who are good enough and mentally strong enough to come through CL ties against City and Ajax to finish the job. And they couldn’t.

Yesterday, the players were a nightmare. The CL final was there for the taking. We have a squad that should still be in the Europa. There’s just something that freezes us in the biggest of games. Maybe we need a serial winner manager to come in.

Oh, hang on...

Pains me to say it, but there seems to be a lot of high profile support in the media campaigning to get Kroenke out of Woolwich.

I just wondered, is there a fear in the media about speaking up about Levy? We don’t seem to have anyone high profile on our side who will speak out against him

really just fuck off please. Yes the stadium is good but you are so shit at picking managers and scouting and selling players you fuck up the football.

And if you don’t fuck off then just step back from the football side and let a DoF run it who is qualified to do so.
I think this is the best we can hope for.Don't think they are going anywhere.
However not sure Levy would be the type to leave it to someone else.He comes across as a control freak.

Levy shouldn't be nowhere near making the decisions about the squad or football side of things.

The guy was even having breakfast with the players on the documentary. Cringe as fuck.

Pains me to say it, but there seems to be a lot of high profile support in the media campaigning to get Kroenke out of Woolwich.

I just wondered, is there a fear in the media about speaking up about Levy? We don’t seem to have anyone high profile on our side who will speak out against him
Woolwich have gone from invincibles and 15 minutes away from winning the CL to 10th.

Of course Kroenke is going to face a bigger campaign in that context.

Woolwich have gone from invincibles and 15 minutes away from winning the CL to 10th.

Of course Kroenke is going to face a bigger campaign in that context.
Yeah of course they will have a bigger campaign.

But Levy’s made some very poor decisions in terms of the footballing aspect of the club that just cannot be swept under the carpet anymore.

The same gullible fans that think this team is good enough for top 4 and just need better coaching are the same gullible fans that thought we’d get Nagelsmann etc.

Brendan Rodgers is Levy’s man. Low on confidence, easy to manipulate. Won’t question signings or ask for money. Perfect Yes man.
Brendan who turned us down for Liverpool and so far has won fuck all outside Scotland while trying to play nice stuff and signed mostly shite players when given a big budget.

Would be a disaster. Levy's sure to go for it. Really hope Brendan tells him to fuck off again tbh.

The same gullible fans that think this team is good enough for top 4 and just need better coaching are the same gullible fans that thought we’d get Nagelsmann etc.

Brendan Rodgers is Levy’s man. Low on confidence, easy to manipulate. Won’t question signings or ask for money. Perfect Yes man.
How exactly is he low on confidence?

Also he fell out with the Celtic board over lack of money and kicked off over players being sold from underneath him and not paying up for players he wanted (McGinn especially)

Well there are 2 reasons for that.

1. Someone has already thrown their hat into the ring, expressing the interest of acquiring Woolwich from Kroenke.

2. Their protest was lot larger than ours, I think there are a few reasons to that, the game we "protested" at was midweek with early kick-off and not a lot of notice, Woolwich's was 3 days later, later kick-off time, so they had chance to organize.

I will certainly be turning up on Sunday outside ground to continue protest against owners, keeping it as a current subject.
Also expecting some action from Premier League this week.

Well there are 2 reasons for that.

1. Someone has already thrown their hat into the ring, expressing the interest of acquiring Woolwich from Kroenke.

2. Their protest was lot larger than ours, I think there are a few reasons to that, the game we "protested" at was midweek with early kick-off and not a lot of notice, Woolwich's was 3 days later, later kick-off time, so they had chance to organize.

I will certainly be turning up on Sunday outside ground to continue protest against owners, keeping it as a current subject.
Also expecting some action from Premier League this week.

Seemingly, there's a protest being organised for the 15th May.

Back
Top Bottom