Eric Ten Hag - What's Your View ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My opinion is we literally hit rock bottom with Mourinho

Anyone we get will improve us
ezgif-4-c96883e0d2de.gif

sorry for the low quality

I am ok with the possible appointment, but my allegiances are elsewhere as I feel there is a better option out there that is suited for the team we have that is made up of a bunch of grumpy men.

This feels like Levy and the board saying, 'who plays modern attacking football?' and then just running through the most obvious candidates.

I have no faith they've done any really deep analysis of what our football issues are and then chosen the best fit.

Someone previously mentioned the club hiring a psychologist to help players manage why they're such pushovers in clutch moments, who roll over in cup finals.

I like that idea. Honestly, I like that idea maybe more than a new manager.

Someone previously mentioned the club hiring a psychologist to help players manage why they're such pushovers in clutch moments, who roll over in cup finals.

I agree. Since 2015 we have been in numerous title fights, cup finals and Semis yet never won. Only against Ajax did we pull it out of the bag so that’s going to have an effect mentally. Granted we have changed a lot of the players but I think it pervades the club a bit.
I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s more important than a new boss but it needs to be looked at.

I’ve watched a few Ajax games this season, and they were definitely dominant and very attacking minded. But then, they couldn’t really afford otherwise because the teams Ajax faced were League 1 or 2 qualities at most bar 2-3 teams (e.g., beating VVV Venlo 13-0 with bench members earlier in the season). We are talking about a league where Jassen was a top goalscorer and Stevie scored 14 goals in a season before joining us. That being said, (1) I’d be wary whether his attacking minded/possessional football would be readily transferable against top PL teams that do not sit back (though we’d all want to see that); and (2) I wonder whether he’d be able to improvise when his team isn’t relatively dominant in the league.

This feels like Levy and the board saying, 'who plays modern attacking football?' and then just running through the most obvious candidates.

I have no faith they've done any really deep analysis of what our football issues are and then chosen the best fit.

Would they end up with any credible candidates though?

This isn't just an issue we face btw, even Man Utd just stick with a caretaker as there are no better options.

i said get a mental coach when we lost it in the leicester season, Poch said he would sort t He did nothing
skill wise its much of a muchness at the top level but a little bit of stronger mental strength may push us over the line

Based on the following, I make you right:

1) the fact we’ve not signed a player to improve our 11 in the last 5 years
2) Hitchen
3) Levy

shit has to change now

The primary reason we’ve lost the last two finals is obvious, and a psychologist is not required to fix that. We just need to buy some better footballers

Back
Top Bottom