Eric Ten Hag - What's Your View ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ajax fan from Amsterdam here. He's quality. Nothing like Frank de Boer was at Ajax.

Ten Hag is also not a typical Ajax coach. He never played for them and was schooled under Pep at Bayern. He made his name at Utrecht and was considered a gamble and 'not an Ajax manager' when he was hired. Too pragmatic and without the needed flair. He made his critics eat their words by turning Ajax into an attacking machine that took over Europe, while also instilling a defensive discipline and aggression that Ajax had lacked for a long time. He's also profession with the media.

Of course every hire from the Eredivisie remains a gamble. But Ten Hag at least should not be seen as a risk due to him coming from Ajax - he is a modern, flexible, pragmatic, attacking manager.

Don't expect Poch's charm and personality though, he is more rigid and serious.

This feels like Levy and the board saying, 'who plays modern attacking football?' and then just running through the most obvious candidates.

I have no faith they've done any really deep analysis of what our football issues are and then chosen the best fit.

Looks like we might get what we deserve fucking Ryan Mason
Fucking hell. Not sure how you reach that conclusion based on not taking on ETH and JN going Bayern.

Last I checked there were more than two managers we were looking at...

Will you bunch of melting cunts just stfu, leave your houses for a bit and get a fucking life.

Christ sake. Moan moan moan...shut the fuck up you absolute wet wipes

We've got Ten Hag
Eric Ten Hag
I just don't think you understand.
He's got a lot of heft,
He's the only one that's left.
We've got Eric Ten Hag.

It really doesn't matter who our manager is if we are being honest

glad it won't be Mourinho and we might get some better football to watch but we aren't going to achieve anything under the current ownership

I'm completely resigned to mediocrity at best for the foreseeable

Happy Premier League GIF by Prime Video

Better start to like this man fellow Tottenham friends

So uninspiring compared to Poch or Conte SMH.

If he would have been announced at the end of the Ajax season, or even sooner, and been brought in with his people at that time I think I would have been just as happy with that as Poch or Conte. I don't think that is any less inspiring than the other two, outside of the emotional aspect of Poch.

But for him to be brought in now, as a 3rd or 4th choice, with Paratici as DOF and Levy still clearly in control of football operations I think it will suck.

He won't have a chance to properly do the job and will be shit on for not getting results which will actually be the fault that we still have Levy running the football side of the club.

He should be a great appointment for us and exactly what we should have been looking for but instead Levy fucked it so bad that it makes little sense now.

Back
Top Bottom