Eric Ten Hag - What's Your View ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More than anything else (there is more), I really don't have a good feeling about him , and it gets worse by the day. I don't think he is in the frame anymore, anyway

With a surname like Ten Hag, his parents should be severely reprimanded for giving him the first name Eric.

Dirk, or Griff, or Cal, or Ivan, or ANYTHING except Eric. My next door neighbour was Eric ffs.

We've got Ten Hag
Eric Ten Hag
I just don't think you understand.
He's got a lot of heft,
He's the only one that's left.
We've got Eric Ten Hag.

Not sure he’d be bothered about coming and I don’t think he is the charismatic leader that we need. But if he comes, which is a big if, he will need patience. Kane will be gone and we might have a brand new team. If it is a team of young hungry, technical, driven, not work shy players then that is exactly what the club needs.

You never know, things have a way of working themselves out. Until he’s holding the shirt I wont be getting excited. Didn’t Gold say he thinks we won’t go for him now anyway.

It really doesn't matter who our manager is if we are being honest

glad it won't be Mourinho and we might get some better football to watch but we aren't going to achieve anything under the current ownership

I'm completely resigned to mediocrity at best for the foreseeable
You are not even a fan. You are a weirdo living in your mom's basement and she doesn't even want you there.

It really doesn't matter who our manager is if we are being honest

glad it won't be Mourinho and we might get some better football to watch but we aren't going to achieve anything under the current ownership

I'm completely resigned to mediocrity at best for the foreseeable
You are not even a fan. You are just a weirdo living in your mom's basement and she doesn't even want you there.

With a surname like Ten Hag, his parents should be severely reprimanded for giving him the first name Eric.

Dirk, or Griff, or Cal, or Ivan, or ANYTHING except Eric. My next door neighbour was Eric ffs.
He should be thankful that his parents weren't like Martin Jol's who called his brothers Dick and Cock

I think in the state we are in he’s worth a punt, but I’m not convinced by him at all. I’m not convinced by anyone from the Dutch league until they come to a serious level and show they can handle it.

For me this guy has a whiff of Frank De Boer and that frightens me.

Not convinced by this guy. Every manager would become Dutch Eredivisie champs with this Ajax team from the past 3 seasons.

From Conte to Ten Hag. Levy is a joke.

For me this guy has a whiff of Frank De Boer and that frightens me.
For one thing ten Hag has had success at places on than Ajax, whereas that was de Boer's first head job and he got it because he's Frank de Boer.

For another, being as successful as he was for his first few years, it's pretty rare to turn out to be a total fraud like de Boer is, it's kind of amazing that happened.

And then if you look at the point totals and European record, ten Hag's Ajax teams have been clearly better than de Boer's.

Plenty of reason to be suspicious of someone who hasn't managed in an elite league before, but I don't think the superficial de Boer comparison is fair or accurate.

Eric Ten Hag. So good that not one major European club has offered him a step up after 4 years at Ajax. And was beaten from 3-0 ahead in a Champions League semi final with 45 minutes to play. Not for me. Thanks. Unless it’s him or Martinez, in which case I will take Eric.

but what logic is there is approaching a manager in a job, having to negotiate and pay a fee for a two year contract when there is a proven winner available with no fees. Surely if Eric wanted £5 million a year and it took £10 million to buy him out we would be better off lumping the £20m on Conte ? Comes back to being utterly fucked for cash doesn’t it? And going for cheap over good ?

Last edited:
This is absolutely the guy we need (actually has been the whole time, or at least once Nagelsmann to Bayern was clear).

rebuild the squad and incorporate youth while playing fun and winning football. This is it.

may this point we’d be nuts not to throw money at him to end this nightmare.

If Ten Hag is a 'bet', I think he is a good one; definitely a interesting one.

However, Ten Hag is on a different (and lower) level than the likes of Conte, Allegri or Nagelsmann. At least three top managers were available and Spurs couldn't sign any of them.

It has to be said: when you are 14 years without a single title and you fire a manager five days before a cup final, big managers will have doubts about your priorities as a club - even if you are offering them good money.

Back
Top Bottom