Eric Ten Hag - What's Your View ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I will forgive you when you are riding high in the table with potter managing us mate
Potter won’t do shit at this football club, you think managing a bunch of clowns with big egos like Aurier or Sissoko is the same as managing Mr. Ikea from Farmville in Sweden?

It’s fucking over for this club mate. I’m in fuckin tears seriously

If Ten Hag is a 'bet', I think he is a good one; definitely a interesting one.

However, Ten Hag is on a different (and lower) level than the likes of Conte, Allegri or Nagelsmann. At least three top managers were available and Spurs couldn't sign any of them.

It has to be said: when you are 14 years without a single title and you fire a manager five days before a cup final, big managers will have doubts about your priorities as a club - even if you are offering them good money.

I know. It was a joke mate. Expecting our new manager to have a pulse.

:pochunimpressed:
Well aren't I a dickhead.

beale.png

Personally I would be happy with ten Hag. I would have been happier if we got him in a few weeks ago before we were linked to Poch or Conte. Now it is a 7/10 appointment instead of 8/10.

Frank de Boer has never made Ajax so competitive in Europe. Forget about Eredivisie. Not sure why you keep saying Ajax this, Ajax that, ten Hag hasn’t started at Ajax and he’s been a success everywhere he managed.

Yes, people simply ignore his success with Bayern II and Utrecht. The way he plays football, the way he uses established players while also incorporating youth, the way his teams always go all out for him.

This was the guy. This guy screamed Tottenham. And it's gone now. There's no chance anymore, we need to move on to someone else.

I'm going to keep pimping this till someone at Spurs listens. We have bottomed out getting sniffed at by Graham fuckingPotter. If we have go back to go forward with a young progressive attacking coach, there's one who is more tactically adept than Poch. Marcelo Gallardo ( taking English lessons considering a new challenge ) is the risk we should take.
I know nothing about him but a quick look, South American coach of the year 3 years running, a ton of trophies, attacking football, 10 years managerial experience and still only 45...and the Argentine connection. Most importantly probably willing to come here. I'm in. Certainly beats Mason, Howe or Harry Redknapp.

At Bayern II, he had them scoring the most goals they have ever scored in the league.

At Utrecht, he was also DOF as well as manager, so he actually set the foundations for them to be able to succeed after him.

Also, his Ajax team equaled a goal scoring record (fewest number of games to reach 82 goals if I recall), that was set by the Cryffs great Ajax side in the 80s, a feat even Louis van Gaals Ajax didn't manage.

His Ajax team also scored the 2nd most goals in Eredivisie history scoring just 3 less than the record Ajax set in the 66/67 season.

Other than Frank De Boer, what other successful Ajax manager has had a terrible history outside of Ajax?
Counting backwards from ETH

Keizer was sacked from Ajax and now manages in the UAE.

Bosz was sacked at Dortmund and then Leverkusen and now lies 7th with Lyon.

de Boer

Jol

Van Basten went 27-18-27 at Heereveen, then stressed out in months at AZ

Adrie Koster bounced around with stops at Brugge and an assistant job at Stuttgart, and is currently managing Willem II where he's soundly average.

ten Cate was so wanted, Chelsea bought him as a coach, was sacked along with Grant, resigned from Panathinaikos when they stopped paying him, then wandered around the middle east.

Danny Blind

Koeman

Co Adriaanse had middling success in brief stops at AZ and Porto, anonymously floated through Salzburg for a stop, got sacked at Twente, then resigned from an advisory role at Twente

Jan Wouters never got a full managerial gig except a couple years at Utrecht, where he had one good finish followed by a series of mid-table finishes before walking out

Morten Olsen managed Denmark for 15 years and failed to qualify for more major competitions than he qualified for

Louis van Gaal

Not going to go any further back, because I'm tired of the subject. Jol and de Boer are the only 2 managers there since LvG that managed at a high level. Jol was on his way down when he was there, and de Boer flamed out (after many on TFC begged for him).

Is ten Hag different? Will he be majorly successful at a bigger club than Ajax? Its a resounding maybe from me. Again, I'd have taken him cautiously. But I'm not gonna sit here and act like he's the savior we missed out on. The odds are he isn't.

You conveniently leave out Koeman's results at Barca there.

Point just being that ten Hag may come good. He equally may not. Acting as though its a no brainer to appoint him is a bit rich. He was one of the candidates, and it appeared as though we were probably more interested in him than he was us.
So who is the no brainer appointment??

Because very clearly, Nuno was appointed by someone without a brain.

None im afraid. I guess he's only really known to a small group of Ihis followers. Hope he doesn't bring his followers to this forum....haggers? Tenners?😂

I like the fact that he’s an attacking manager who has worked with young players in a team that lost their star players every year but managed to keep up their record.

I just wonder if he could handle the intensity of a more competitive league. He has done very well in Europe but the PL is more strenuous than the Erdivise.

Back
Top Bottom