Eric Ten Hag - What's Your View ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People are dead serious when they see us turning up with a winks /sissoko CM and expecting to win finals...
Exactly.... I mean it’s possible if we were playing Villa or Everton but when you are up against in form Liverpool or City, there’s a 1 in 10 chance if not less. These utter wage thieves need to be sacked and forced out, get some energy from the championship in. Beyond madness if the aforementioned two fools, Doherty, Aurier, Holberg, Davies, Sanchez are still here next season. Cull em

I think ten Hag and Potter would be eaten alive by our clown show of a boardroom. Its why we desperately need a DOF.
It honestly depends what title job they’re getting. If it’s only head coach and no DOF then I agree. If ten Hag accepts to come here I hope he’s pushing to become a manager, not a head coach. Remember he has experience since his Sporting Director days at Utrecht.

Ajax fan from Amsterdam here. He's quality. Nothing like Frank de Boer was at Ajax.

Ten Hag is also not a typical Ajax coach. He never played for them and was schooled under Pep at Bayern. He made his name at Utrecht and was considered a gamble and 'not an Ajax manager' when he was hired. Too pragmatic and without the needed flair. He made his critics eat their words by turning Ajax into an attacking machine that took over Europe, while also instilling a defensive discipline and aggression that Ajax had lacked for a long time. He's also profession with the media.

Of course every hire from the Eredivisie remains a gamble. But Ten Hag at least should not be seen as a risk due to him coming from Ajax - he is a modern, flexible, pragmatic, attacking manager.

Don't expect Poch's charm and personality though, he is more rigid and serious.

This actually makes me feel better, because whilst I admire Dutch football principles, many disciples of the Michaels/Cryuff bloodline come off as extremely arrogant and almost vain in how they see the game. To me that was certainly the downfall of the likes of Van Basten, Koeman, FDB and Gullit and to a certain extent Rijkaard and Seedorf.

Happy Premier League GIF by Prime Video

Better start to like this man fellow Tottenham friends

Maybe the ESL crap is an issue for Ten Hag? He sounded quite angry about that. Certainly would not have made Levy any more appealing as a boss.

A little humility and self reflection from Levy wouldn't go amiss. Take a big step back and let someone like Rangnick come in and sort us out. Or at least a good DoF + good coach (Potter).

I will forgive you when you are riding high in the table with potter managing us mate
Potter won’t do shit at this football club, you think managing a bunch of clowns with big egos like Aurier or Sissoko is the same as managing Mr. Ikea from Farmville in Sweden?

It’s fucking over for this club mate. I’m in fuckin tears seriously

Back
Top Bottom