Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All these intense calculations and predictions and then we just lose to Leeds to end it all...
I suppose on one level it would put us out of our misery.........

It's the hope that kills you and with Leicester getting thumped that hope is right back up there.

The way this season's gone nothing surprises me any more.

If we beat Leicester then I think we will catch them, but it's actually Liverpool I'm cautious about.

We can win all out games and still finish 6th. I suspect that two or three of us will all finish on 68 points.

If we beat Leicester then I think we will catch them, but it's actually Liverpool I'm cautious about.

We can win all out games and still finish 6th. I suspect that two or three of us will all finish on 68 points.

Honestly, while I’d be delighted with a return to the Champions League, I’d be pretty happy with 5th or 6th and a Europa League slot (and aim to do it justice next season). 7th and the Europa Conference League would however be dismal.

Laugable the people thought this could happen.

Yet another must win game and we just dont turn up - in any case it's just papering over the cracks of what is a massive rebuild.

Simply dont deserve to be anywhere near top 4

Never mind top 4 - we’re more likely than not to finish outside the top 6 now.

Can see us ending up with 7th (Europa Conference League) or 8th (no Europe) now.

It was possible, certainly didn’t think it would end on Leeds... team needs a hard look in the mirror. A simple manager change won’t be enough.

It was possible, certainly didn’t think it would end on Leeds... team needs a hard look in the mirror. A simple manager change won’t be enough.
They don't give a fuck.
We have a squad of gutless players that have no pride in what they do.
Today we lost to a team with fuck all to play for that outworked us in every department.

Recorded the game as I knew I would miss most of it. Came in and caught the score when I turned on the telly. Thank god I did so I didn’t have to waste 90 mins of my life. Exact same as last year. We have had so many chances to leap frog the teams ahead of us and we have bottled it every time. Not bothered with the last three games. I’ll take that 4.5hrs to do something more productive with my life and role on August. I laugh at the likes of Liverpool who put up a terrible title defence but at least they had a trophy laden few years whereas we have nothing. Hopefully this club doesn’t implode over the summer

Handed so many lifelines over the course of this season and we let them all pass by.

It's all about who you play at this point in the season and we've lucked out in having a run of games against teams with nothing left to play.. The focus and intensity is never the same with such teams, while teams threatened with relegation or fighting for Europe can play above their level, as Newcastle did against Leicester.

I read this post this morning and didn’t want to put the kiss of death on spurs by replying.

A friend of a friend was coaching at Leeds with bielsa and was saying how the intensity he trains at is scary.
So the thought of him letting them cruise to the end of the season when points = £s and his general attitude didn’t sit right.

And that seems to be the case. We are closer to Leeds than Utd this season. Questions have to be asked about what happens next with this group of players.

The state of some on this thread in last few weeks.

We have not had a new manager in our history win their first 3 League games, but somehow in their minds a rookie was not only expected to win 6, but was in their heads basically nailed on to.

Delusional

We’re going to finish 7th and be playing Conference football next year. We’re a fucking Conference side! Opposition fans are going to have some easy ammunition to go after us. Just so embarrassing. We’ll play Thursday ‘cos we’re worse than shite.

The state of some on this thread in last few weeks.

We have not had a new manager in our history win their first 3 League games, but somehow in their minds a rookie was not only expected to win 6, but was in their heads basically nailed on to.

Delusional

Yeah there had been a shift towards finishing top 5 in the poll. Quite a few were confident of top 4. We are just a little way off that.

Most league wins in a row by Jose was 3 over his tenure. See if Ryan can equal that in his last 3 games..... (under Jose we struggled to win 2 in a row for a long time)

Back
Top Bottom