Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy has been aware of the solid interest in Kane from City since 2020. He has already given it the OK.

The rest is just smoke and mirrors. Levy wants it to look like we tried to keep Kane, when he has already given it the nod.

Fully expecting Son to follow suit and request an exit.

Don’t blame them. Don’t blame any of our players for wanting to leave a club where success is measured in profit not trophies.

Time for Levy and ENIC to get fucked.

You can make it fit, sure. City are slightly up against it on the HG side of things, so there’s that I suppose. But they could get Haaland for the same money as Kane, maybe slightly less. And do they need to replace Aguero? He’s only played 35 league matches in two seasons. And they seem to be getting on fine without a main striker.

Again, yes, you can make the “I want to win trophies” speech as him wishing to leave. Or you could make it fit that he wants us to invest in quality so he can win them here. I’m going to continue believing the second thing until I see him hold up another team shirt.

So unless he signs for someone else he doesn't want to leave. You're on the windup mate.

I can understand Blanchflower Blanchflower as he is actually getting something out of this. You I cannot fathom.

Yep. And I don’t believe he wants to. I’ve not yet turned by brain mushy enough to believe something just because Sky Sports News understands it to be true.
Strange that he hasn't come out and squashed the rumours then.

Would have been easy to do. And all this drama would be put to bed.

Seems to me you're in denial, matey.

Hopefully Levy doesn't recognise Lucas Moura from Saturdays protest

NINTCHDBPICT000653491916-1.jpg

So unless he signs for someone else he doesn't want to leave. You're on the windup mate.

I can understand Blanchflower Blanchflower as he is actually getting something out of this. You I cannot fathom.
I’d imagine every player in our squad would be happy to sign for the likes of City or Real. Fuckloads more cash, more trophies. Lovely.

So yes, maybe he does want to leave. Shame that he signed that massive contract then. I’d expect him to line up for us next season and give his all like he always does, whatever his thoughts on the matter.

We might have two excruciating years to wait, or worse.

The Eriksen saga was such a humiliating defeat for the club that kinda got lost in the shuffle of so many other things. The same thing happening with Kane would be an order of magnitude worse.
Apparently not. Folk on here saying it’s agreed that he goes. And I’m assuming they know this to be a fact, or why post it?

So it looks like this summer. Or maybe it’s the same as the previous few summers when Harry stayed for them too.

Strange that he hasn't come out and squashed the rumours then.

Would have been easy to do. And all this drama would be put to bed.

Seems to me you're in denial, matey.
You constantly say that ENIC are only in it for the money.
As has been stated elsewhere and makes sense, Kane is worth £150m but nil if he runs his contract down and leaves in 3 years. If he sulks the he will get treated like Eriksen and not be a regular starter and like Rose if it gets too bad. Both a risk to losing money.
Therefore if Levy is to show he is not just in it for the money supporters should be urging him to prove it by refusing to sell at any price. Do not think any of us trust him or Hitchen to spend the money wisely and like when we sold Bale the sum total of purchases will not equal Kane's contribution on the field.

You constantly say that ENIC are only in it for the money.
As has been stated elsewhere and makes sense, Kane is worth £150m but nil if he runs his contract down and leaves in 3 years. If he sulks the he will get treated like Eriksen and not be a regular starter and like Rose if it gets too bad. Both a risk to losing money.
Therefore if Levy is to show he is not just in it for the money supporters should be urging him to prove it by refusing to sell at any price. Do not think any of us trust him or Hitchen to spend the money wisely and like when we sold Bale the sum total of purchases will not equal Kane's contribution on the field.
I'd back keeping Kane if I felt that spurs were going to give him the squad he needs to win trophies. But to let a player of that once-in-a-generation quality and work ethic rot in the reserves would be a sin to football.

If he wins elsewhere, I'll be fully behind him and I hope he continues to break records.

I'd back keeping Kane if I felt that spurs were going to give him the squad he needs to win trophies. But to let a player of that once-in-a-generation quality and work ethic rot in the reserves would be a sin to football.

If he wins elsewhere, I'll be fully behind him and I hope he continues to break records.

Ridiculous comment. You're not a spurs fan, so delete your account. If he does leave, I hope he never scores a goal again (unless that goal benefits spurs by beating our rivals of course).

It's SPURS I'm interested in, not being a harry kane fanboy.

Even if he signs for Chelsea

Ridiculous comment. You're not a spurs fan, so delete your account. If he does leave, I hope he never scores a goal again (unless that goal benefits spurs by beating our rivals of course).

Agree with you mate.

I want what's best for Kane and I think he loves Spurs and he has been a loyal servant to the club, I think his reasons for leaving is justified and it's down to our owners failures that he wants to leave in the first place, anybody denying this is delusional.

Also, I feel holding him hostage to his contract is ridiculous and petty after what he has given and endured with Levy constantly proclaiming we will "go on to the next level" but never backing his bullshit words up with actions.

If kane stays it should be because Levy and the owners have promised we will win trophies and invest everything we can to do so (and actually do it, not just say it and do things the way we currently do them and put out another puffed up PR piece about how their focus is on the pitch success and for the fans which we all know is a load of bollocks at this point.)

However, IF he does leave, I never want him to score a goal again in his career unless it's an own goal that wins us a game of football.

NOBODY is above the club, players or owners. So yeah, I won't say fuck Kane because I know why he wants to leave but I also am not going to wish him success anywhere but at Spurs.

I am a spurs fan.

The club rely on your 'die hard' supporter mentality I'm afraid. I've spent quite enough money and time religiously following the club like it's some deity.

Kane and Son are human beings that have given me joy and a modicum of hope over the past few years despite ownerships failings. I'm not about to get bitter and wish them to fail the minute they wear another shirt.

I am a spurs fan.

The club rely on your 'die hard' supporter mentality I'm afraid. I've spent quite enough money and time religiously following the club like it's some deity.

Kane and Son are human beings that have given me joy and a modicum of hope over the past few years despite ownerships failings. I'm not about to get bitter and wish them to fail the minute they wear another shirt.
Even if that shirt was an Woolwich one?...

Back
Top Bottom