Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Arrivals 18/19:

Josh Onomah - End of Loan
Cameron Carter-Vickers - End of Loan
Oliver Skipp - Tottenham U23

And the players we did end up getting later, like Sanchez, well, we know the story. We have been poor in managing the squad, whether it’s holding on to players for far too long, not getting replacements in in good time or getting replacements that turn out to be duds (I actually still like GLC and Ndombele, and hope the new manager can do something with them). Perhaps all this is down to the managers, but the buck has to stop with Levy since he wants the control. Even with Jose‘s appointment, I could see what he was trying to do but it‘s clearly been a gamble that failed badly.

Levy has to understand now that he just doesn’t have it when it comes to footballing success for the club and should let others - a good DoF, the new manager and hopefully a more effective scouting set-up - take the reins. Of course, whether he can actually do this and just stick to his sponsorships, cross-sports whatever development, real estate plays, etc, I think I know the answer unfortunately.

I wonder if Levy every looks back and thinks "Boy I balls that up"
not getting players for Poch
not getting Grealish
sacking Jose with no plan

Probably the lowest I have ever felt supporting Spurs and we have had some truly shit Spurs teams in the 90s, but this feels almost like the end of the road stuff. It feels like the vast majority of fans are now starting to turn on the chairman and board, where as before it was 50/50. Now, it’s only a select few of Levynites that plague the club.

A complete shambles from top to bottom with literally no direction. Levy can preach all the fuck he wants about how he spent 250 mil to invest in the squad and how he is committed to winning trophies, yet his record in the transfer market speaks otherwise.

His lowballing Bolloks have finally come to a head and we are fucking sick of you. A prime example is that brilliant player on the pitch today jack Grealish , who we could of picked up for 25 mil, yet bald cunt moved the goal posts at the last minute, pissing off Villa in the process and we lose out on possibly the most talented British player since Gazza. This isn’t the first time either.

You are a complete and utter cunt Levy and it’s your fault Harry Kane wants out, nobody else’s. If only you backed Pochettino when it mattered, he probably wouldn’t be winning trophies at PSG and just maybe we wouldn’t be starved of success anymore at this rotten club. Truly sick of ENIC, levy and Spurs.
This should be framed - well played, sir

The Grealish last-second cunt-up was one of many such examples - Dybala, Moutinho, etc. - he's a chancer second-hand car salesman on a good day, who's literally taking us back to the dark 90s but now with a 1 billion debt to boot

OUT NOW!!!

This is a reminder that your One Hotspur + Membership will automatically renew for the 2021/22 season and payment of £49.50 will be taken on or just after Wednesday 26th May.

Taking them 3 months earlier this season.
If you want to cancel and pay by direct debit, you need to inform your bank before tomorrow.
Of course there's no straight forward Login > Account > Membership > Cancel page.

I wonder if Levy every looks back and thinks "Boy I balls that up"
not getting players for Poch
not getting Grealish
sacking Jose with no plan
The thing is most of our fans at the time backed each decision and continued to support him. So probably not.

The "Cult of Levy" really has come back to bite us in the arse

Can't see Levy handing over any power to DOF or anyone else he is a control freak (I'm like that myself)
he just can't let go even when it costs the club money, there is no one above him who can force him to give up power,
until the club loses bucket loads of money big joe won't do anything

Missing out on Grealish when he was basically in the bag was an absolute travesty. Definitely one of Levy's biggest mistakes. Offering Josh Onomah and £3mn. It's embarrassing.
Yep. Because they were in massive financial trouble and he was trying to take the piss. We fart arsed around so long they got new owners and that was that. Classic Levy. Spend the whole summer haggling to save £500k

This is a reminder that your One Hotspur + Membership will automatically renew for the 2021/22 season and payment of £49.50 will be taken on or just after Wednesday 26th May.

If you want to cancel and pay by direct debit, you need to inform your bank before tomorrow.
Of course there's no straight forward Login > Account > Membership > Cancel page.
Cancelled my DD with my bank 2 weeks ago after the ESL debacle. ENIC showed their hand big time there, they have no intention of success on the pitch - just purely money to fuel their INVESTMENT. Investment is the key word here, it's what they do, that's what they are good at. Not football. So I've decided to remove all and any INVESTMENT with them. It's the only way these bastards will learn

I pay for my great nephew's membership, I may be prosecuted for child cruelty.

The thing is most of our fans at the time backed each decision and continued to support him. So probably not.

The "Cult of Levy" really has come back to bite us in the arse
Talking about the Cult of Levy, there's been a conspicuous absence here in the last few hours.

Bangkok's massage parlours must be doing 2-1 specials with free happy endings thrown in.

Did that on the day of the ESL fiasco.

Has anyone decided not to renew their season ticket?..
I’ve been wavering and edging toward giving it up. Have until 3rd June (I think).

Really conflicted tbh. Angry that it’s come to this....giving something up that I enjoy in order to make a point (or piss in the wind).

Can’t stand the majority of this team, the last manager and particularly Levy and his crass greed but was still looking forward to match days again. Going with old mates, meeting new ones from here.

As I said, still undecided but if I don’t renew I probably need to walk away from professional football and Spurs

Talking about the Cult of Levy, there's been a conspicuous absence here in the last few hours.

Bangkok's massage parlours must be doing 2-1 specials with free happy endings thrown in.
If anyone isn’t 100%, frothing at the mouth, ready to kill, Levy Out, there’s no real point in posting in this thread anymore. Reasoned debate left the building some time ago. All that’s left is to be accused of supporting the board and not the club, or just called a cunt. Is it any wonder there’s a lack of posts from the “other side”?

For me, I have maintained if ENIC were to sell up to someone ready to throw a pile of money at this, I’m up for it. If they were to sell to Mike Ashley, I’m not up for that. If they were to stay and throw a pile of money at this, I’m fine with that too. A defeat yesterday and a picture of a mouldy pie isn’t going to make much of a difference to my thoughts on this. Not really sure I can blame Levy for mouldy pies.

a guy i used to work with was a Man U season ticket holder for years, around 2005 he decided to buy his season ticket but not go (think he sold the seat off for each game) at the end of the season he gave up his season ticket said he didn't miss not going to the matches (think travel was around 90mins each way so can see why you may stop going)
think hes gone over for odd games but still says he does not miss it

who would buy this club and invest the money needed ?
can't see Levy & Joe selling up until Joe kicks the bucket and his family want to cash in
with our "links" to Israel why would a middle east billionaire buy us ?

Back
Top Bottom