Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not the mental health bullshit again.

Paid vast fortunes to sit everyday in luxury, no need to go looking for anything, everything brought to him and he can still get to illegal gatherings.

His problem is simple. He's shite.

Sorry, I didn't realise that people with well paid jobs weren't entitled to human emotions, at the secret to happiness is money and luxury.

I'll let my mum know next time I speak to her to wind her neck in and stop moaning she hasn't seen her kids in 15 months and may never see them again. She can stop fucking moaning because she's got plenty of money and she can buy some luxury shit - cause that's really what people want - luxury shit. Go buy a Guuci handbag, that'll cheer you up.

I cant believe some of you are slating Young Reggie! Its obvious that Bale has told him he needs to play shit or Madrid will buy him back! I'm just more surprised he doesn't want to go back to Madrid! :baletroll:

Good, young player.

Poorly handled.

Didn't come making blunders.

Learnt that here.

What?

He was guilty of a goal in his debut.

I absolutely agree that surroundings can have a influence on player displays. But it is bit more complicated than that. You can't make it as simple as that.

If whole team deteriorates, there are 3 options of players-
- some who can keep their head on their necks and their performance drops less than overall team performance
- some who move in sync with team overall performance
- some whose perfomances deteriorate more than team overall performance

Up to this point, I have a strong feeling that he is 3rd kind of player.
Let's not paint it all pink - he has been straight up shit for 6 months. No output on attack and very little composure in defense.

I am not writing him off entirely, I'd like to see how he performs under new coach and in the side that has understandable game plan in place. But just simplisticly saying that "oh, team is in bad state and that is reason of Reggie perormances" - that is just too basic, sorry.

He's been absolute shit yesterday and in general has his flaws, but honestly I wouldn't make any definite judgement and decision on any player until we will start working on a new project (ie new manager (not a caretaker), pre season, etc). Same goes for Ndombele and others

I think he would have been immense under Poch. With the right attack minded coach and a pre season he could be one of our best players next year. He has a good cross and gets forward. If he nails the defensive side of the game he will be a top player.

This is Danny Rose in 2014. All over again. Idiots will never learn.
I am about as Tottenham as you can get without sleeping in a Spurs pajamas and changing my name to Chirpy.

But I struggle to comprehend people giving players personal abuse for a football game. Reguilon having a bad game is not a personal crime against me. You can be critical without having to call him names or insulting him.

I'm not quite ready to give up on Reguilon yet. Seen some glimpses of a good player and the mentality around our club generally this season has been horrendous.

The right manager might be able to get the best out of him.

I'm not quite ready to give up on Reguilon yet. Seen some glimpses of a good player and the mentality around our club generally this season has been horrendous.

The right manager might be able to get the best out of him.
So do we apply that to everyone or just certain players?

Does Winks suddenly get a pass too?

People said this about Soldado, Janssen, Njie, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Doherty, Chadli, Siggy etc

Who were the idiots? Those who said they'd turn it around, or those who said they were shit all along?
He played well for Sevilla when they won the Europa League. He even destroyed Man United in the SF.
How has he suddenly become so shit? Not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely confused.

He played well for Sevilla when they won the Europa League. He even destroyed Man United in the SF.
How has he suddenly become so shit? Not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely confused.
He's only had one full season as a professional first team starter. He's not shit but he's nowhere near as proven or refined as people seem to think.

Sessegnon scored like 30 goals in a season 18 months before we bought him, now the guy panics when approached by league two full backs.

But the issue when young players turn this bad this quickly is that it might very well become their new level. Confidence takes a looong time to rebuild and he is still developing. If he is developing with fear, without confidence, he'll never be what we want him to be.

People said this about Soldado, Janssen, Njie, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Doherty, Chadli, Siggy etc

Who were the idiots? Those who said they'd turn it around, or those who said they were shit all along?

4 categories of player here:

Older Established Players who clearly lacked the attributes and were bad buys: Doherty & Soldado, personally I never wanted nor rated them. Janssen was younger but a couple of videos convinced me he lacked the dynamism to be a success. “Oooh top scorer in Holland, he’ll do!”

Youngish established talents who have shown ability but the structure isn’t around them to get the best out of them atm: I put Lo Celso and Bergwijn in this category.

Cheap young punts who if they don’t work out get moved on at minimal loss: Wimmer N’Jie, N’Koudou, currently Rodon, Foyth etc.

Solid producers who aren’t elite but will keep the fort ticking over: Chadli and Siggy did what was expected IMO and both were sold at a profit, I look at Hoejberg in a similar manner.

Back
Top Bottom