Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
It was a joke. He said if they made the last 16 or the EL he’d dress up like zorro
But its not like anyone asked him to... it was his idea! Question is... why Zorro?
As much as I don't like the hire I couldn't care less about the Zorro thing, seems like a big nothing burger.

In fact if anything it probably makes me like him a little more knowing he doesn't take this stuff way too seriously.
Agree.... and refreshing to an extent... but winning managers DO take themselves seriously....
Klopp, Pep, Wenger, SAF, Mourinho... hardly the life and soul of ANY party!

He's the Portugese Jimmy Bullard! (If he ever went into management.... which I think he should!)

As much as I don't like the hire I couldn't care less about the Zorro thing, seems like a big nothing burger.

In fact if anything it probably makes me like him a little more knowing he doesn't take this stuff way too seriously.
I want serious and professional. Not a fucking clown. Fucking awful thing to see.

I've seen Ferguson jumping on the pitch and celebrating and that passion and celebration is awesome.
Dressing up as Zorro at a press conference is weak. Really feeble and I don't see how you don't see that it is laughable. Making us more or a laughing stock than ever.

Bit of backstory to Zorro mask thing.

Fonseca said Zorro was his childhood favourite movie to his Shakhtar's team manager. Manager had a joke bet with him that, if he beats City and take Shakhtar to CL knockouts , then he has to wear the Zorro mask in post match press conference.

2017/18 season , Man City the league champions under Pep, losing just 2 in PL with 100 points on board. City were on a 29 game unbeaten run lead up to the game.

And Shakthar beat City... it wasnt a snatch & grab win. City had back to the walls most of the game.
Shakhtar had already beaten Napoli & Feynoord.

In such a tight CL group, got 12 points ,which is commendable. End of city game, his manager came with the costume and bet was fulfilled.

I would take it as a joke on back of a good achievement and leave it at that.

I don't see it as weak because it isn't. It doesn't make us a laughing stock.

He fucking did it once and it was fun. It is ridiculous how big a deal you are trying to make out of this nothing burger at all.

I actually now hope he shows up in his introductory press conference in a Zorro costume now.
It's laughable mate. Absolutely the WRONG message to send to supporters and or competitors.
How about he dresses up every press conference?

Didn’t this guy make 6 subs in one match?
GIF by Achievement Hunter

It's laughable mate. Absolutely the WRONG message to send to supporters and or competitors.
How about he dresses up every press conference?

The message it sends it that he can keep it light and fun with his team.

Were they a ton of complaints from his players talking about how awful it was?

If he dresses up different at each press conference then we’ll talk then but as far as I can see he has been a manager for 10+ years and did this once so we might be safe in that regard.

We just had the Serie A winning manager and former PL winning manager say he was interested in coming here so seems like we are attractive enough for the biggest managers.

We we included in the ESL, which as much as we hate it, shows the size and power of our club, we have spent 4 of the last 6 years in the CL qualifying from the toughest league to qualify in Europe, spent the other two in EL, are the 8 most valuable club in the world, are located in London, have the ability to pay wages above the vast majority of teams in Europe, have a world cup winning Captain, a top 5 player in the world and world class facilities.

We need to stop believing the crap sandwich that Jose and Levy have tried to feed us about us being a poor little club that should be thankful for anything we can get from them. We are a massive club with all the resources and benefits that should make us competitive with the top clubs in Europe. Just because Levy doesn't match that ambition and wants to hold us back so he can pocket a little money doesn't change that we are a very attractive club to the top level players and managers.
The fact Conte didn't come shows we are not attractive enough. We are attractive enough to get attention but once they talk with Levy, they are out. Look at all the other rumored candidates to suddenly fall away.

If a top manager wanted to come here and work with Levy, we wouldn't be 50+ days without a manager.

The stadium, city, players are all attractive to managers. But put in Levy and the budget he will give and we lose our appeal.

That seems like a massive stretch.

No dignity?

It was something he did to try and have some fun. He didn't wear it to a funeral or mock anyone. You may not like it but it was far from showing he had no dignity or unprofessional.
I know you're gonna keep disagreeing..I have that perception of you...how about you name me some well respected league winning managers at too clubs that have ever dressed up as a vigilante 'hero' and carried out a press conference.

Paolo Fonsucker...Tee hee hee that's one to keep!
Here's a good one....the owner/barman of my local was a big Woolwich fan.

He wasn't very impressed when they signed Wenger, the actual quote being "Who the fuck is this cunt? Arsehole Wanker or whatever his fucking name is"...

The thing about it was that he also pathologically hated being called out at being wrong about anything...

Needless to say the only consolation of them cunts ever winning anything was walking in and watching him squirm when he was asked whatever happened to that Arsehole Wanker?

So just be careful with what you say...

The fact Conte didn't come shows we are not attractive enough. We are attractive enough to get attention but once they talk with Levy, they are out. Look at all the other rumored candidates to suddenly fall away.

If a top manager wanted to come here and work with Levy, we wouldn't be 50+ days without a manager.

The stadium, city, players are all attractive to managers. But put in Levy and the budget he will give and we lose our appeal.

So it is Levy that is not attractive not Spurs, Levy is the issue not the club.

Spurs as a club is plenty attractive but it is Levy holding us back.

So fans shouldn’t have reality check as you say and settle for less we should demand our chairman match the ambition of the fans and treat the club at the level that it is clearly at.

I know you're gonna keep disagreeing..I have that perception of you...how about you name me some well respected league winning managers at too clubs that have ever dressed up as a vigilante 'hero' and carried out a press conference.

Why would I have to?

Who cares if other managers do or don’t do it. That doesn’t change a thing.

There is a reason why you and basically nobody else is making a big deal out of this.

The message it sends it that he can keep it light and fun with his team.

Were they a ton of complaints from his players talking about how awful it was?

If he dresses up different at each press conference then we’ll talk then but as far as I can see he has been a manager for 10+ years and did this once so we might be safe in that regard.
Hahahahahaha.
Keeping light and fun: a requirement for every single successful manager throughout football history. I mean look at Bobby Robson, Alf Ramsay, Brian Clough, arsene Wenger, bill shankly, Alex Ferguson, ancelotti, Conte etc. The list goes on and on and on.

I have zero idea if there were any complaints from.okayers and quite frankly, I could care less. I find it an awful starting point and if he gets appointed, that fucking picture will haunt us and be dragged out at every opportunity.

Maybe your boss dresses up in costume every other Friday but mine doesn't and if they did, they would lose a lot of respect.

Your argument holds as no weight...as per usual with your diatribes

Why would I have to?

There is a reason why you and basically nobody else is making a big deal out of this.
Whatmis that reason? It's my opinion but you (as usual) feels the need to disagree.

It all adds to the perception that we are clowns, levy is a clown and our ambitions are clownish.

Isn't that kind of the point of a message board?
To me not all the time no, I come here to have a laugh with like minded people and state my opinion on things. Not every single post needs debating the balls off, its tedious and ultimately will never be resolved with the person who has the last word walk off with a stiffy for a wank.

Why would I have to?

Also....because you can't name ANY OTHER SUCCESSFUL MANAGER who has done this. Back your argument up mate.

So it is Levy that is not attractive not Spurs, Levy is the issue not the club.

Spurs as a club is plenty attractive but it is Levy holding us back.

So fans shouldn’t have reality check as you say and settle for less we should demand our chairman match the ambition of the fans and treat the club at the level that it is clearly at.
Demanding Levy to do anything is useless. Have you not realized that? I try to be extremely positive with Spurs and really feel Paulo could do a good job.

But the reality check I referred to is fans need to realize top managers do not want to work with Levy and Levy is not changing his ways after 20 years.

It's naive to expect him to change. The best we can do is hope to find a manager who fits with him. Like Poch did for a time.

Back
Top Bottom