Kane Is Going Nowhere This Summer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Controversial opinion maybe,but is Harry somewhat a flat track bully?
In his career to date,he has scored buckets of goals,for sure,and that comes with a lot of value.
However,he has consistently failed to show up on the big occasion,both for us and,to a lesser extent, England.
Now, the way Spurs are at present we are a cup side realistically,if we want to win silverware. And does Harry show up in those Cup finals we aspire towards...?
Flame away, but if £100m is on the table for Harry,maybe it is time to give him what he clearly wants and to wish him luck and reinvest (hopefully wisely...!)
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Controversial opinion maybe,but is Harry somewhat a flat track bully?
In his career to date,he has scored buckets of goals,for sure,and that comes with a lot of value.
However,he has consistently failed to show up on the big occasion,both for us and,to a lesser extent, England.
Now, the way Spurs are at present we are a cup side realistically,if we want to win silverware. And does Harry show up in those Cup finals we aspire towards...?
Flame away, but if £100m is on the table for Harry,maybe it is time to give him what he clearly wants and to wish him luck and reinvest (hopefully wisely...!)
OK, you have the workings of something there...so go get your google fingers working and give us some tangible evidence, and another thing, commas have a space after them. I notice you did it once in ten attempts...Flame away about that....

OK, you have the workings of something there...so go get your google fingers working and give us some tangible evidence, and another thing, commas have a space after them. I notice you did it once in ten attempts...Flame away about that....
You have some serious issues if you're seriously having a go about a lack of space after a comma, fella.
We are here to share opinions and discuss the team we both support, not criticise grammar (especially when your point is so pathetically tenuous).
You are a bit of a pansy to get offended at my sharing an opinion you don't agree with. Get some fresh air, you need it

You have some serious issues if you're seriously having a go about a lack of space after a comma, fella.
We are here to share opinions and discuss the team we both support, not criticise grammar (especially when your point is so pathetically tenuous).
You are a bit of a pansy to get offended at my sharing an opinion you don't agree with. Get some fresh air, you need it
That you flaming them...Jesus Christ...you come on telling us to flame away and you fucking melt by the second fucking reply!!!!

You did, in fairness!
Harry is a fantastic player, make no bones about it, but do you think looking ahead that he will be the same player he has been?
28 years old next month..clearly he is feeling like he needs to be looking elsewhere to win trophies...it isn't easy to play at the very top level if your heart isn't 100% in it.
No player is bigger than the team so if he is unable to put transfer speculation and a desire to leave out his head, do we have much choice but to (reluctantly) sell him?
I want to be clear, I'm not knocking him or saying he isn't a fantastic player. He is. I'm merely stating that the attitude of "we have to keep him at all costs" might be an overreaction.

So you haven't checked the stats then...I looked at ones for a couple of seasons ago, there were only two strikers that had a better scoring record against the so called big six than the rest...Jamie Vardy and Glenn Murray, so are all the rest flat track bullies then? Want to know who the biggest flat track bully was? It was Sonny...

Edit: There were only five players who scored more often than Harry against the big six, the two I mentioned plus Aguero, Salah and Jesus...

Last edited:
I honestly couldn’t give a flying fuck about getting 150 mil or so for him. What’s it do for us as supporters ? Nothing. We lose our best player and we have to spend 80 mil to replace him anyway with a striker that’s probably nowhere near the level, then what? It’s in our best interest to keep Harry for at least another season and build around him. Sell the crap players to raise funds if need be. I don’t care if his value goes down next summer. We should be actively looking to keep Kane and build ourselves up again, not sell him which means we inevitably start all over again.
Agree completely! Build a team around Harry for this coming season, then if he's off next summer you can still sell him for a king's ransom to plug the hole in the finances.

If we sell Kane now then we'll be sitting on a pile of gold and every single transfer will be extortion. 30m players suddenly cost 50m, etc.

It's just bizarre - if you are so determined that something will make you unhappy, surely you cut it out of your life...

We scoff at the blind optimism of Liverpool fans, but maybe that's part of the reason they are successful.
yeah if only we were all optimistic all the time

Then we'd be able to hire a manager and the likes of Sissoko would be able to kick a ball in a straight line

It all seems so simple now

Agree completely! Build a team around Harry for this coming season, then if he's off next summer you can still sell him for a king's ransom to plug the hole in the finances.

If we sell Kane now then we'll be sitting on a pile of gold and every single transfer will be extortion. 30m players suddenly cost 50m, etc.
But we have been saying this the past 3 season it feels.
I get your point, however:
1) In a year his contract has one year less to run, and his value will be less. We will still get a decent sum and then the hole burning a hole in our pocket is next year, not now
2) He has made it clear he wants out. Mentally, that is a big deal and whilst I have no doubt he won't down tools, it will still surely impact his performance levels if his heart isn't fully in it

Contracts in the modern game mean little...we can say he has signed a contract and we have him by the balls but the sad reality is that players still have the power to force the club's hand by manipulating the media and creating constant stories around Kane transfer speculation which could adversely impact not just his, but the whole team's performances.

Obviously the ideal scenario is we keep Kane and strengthen the team around him.. but we all know how much we will need to spend to address our squad issues, mainly defence and midfield. Do we really have the funds to manage that?

Shifting the deadwood has always been our issue and I doubt we will raise significant funds

Kane's England position is already being questioned. If he co0mes back to Spurs and plays like his last 2 England games then his England place is in jeopardy. Keep him.

Harry is a fantastic player, make no bones about it, but do you think looking ahead that he will be the same player he has been?
28 years old next month..clearly he is feeling like he needs to be looking elsewhere to win trophies...it isn't easy to play at the very top level if your heart isn't 100% in it.
No player is bigger than the team so if he is unable to put transfer speculation and a desire to leave out his head, do we have much choice but to (reluctantly) sell him?
I want to be clear, I'm not knocking him or saying he isn't a fantastic player. He is. I'm merely stating that the attitude of "we have to keep him at all costs" might be an overreaction.
Entitled to your opinion. I fundamentally disagree though.

We can't sell Kane for £100M. Ben White is priced at £50M, Maddison at £80M... If they are worth this, Kane is worth £150M at least. £100M for Kane is rubbish.

Manchester City has the money.

We were being quoted £50m for Lamptey - who despite Southgate picking about a million right backs still can't get near the England squad

The press have no sense of irony when they write these bullshit stories

Entitled to your opinion. I fundamentally disagree though.
Fair.

If you're the club,what do you do & say to Harry now? We haven't even got a manager and the new season starts in less than 2 months. I just don't see us being able to do what we need to in that time to strengthen the squad and show him the ambition he wants (and deserves).

If we keep him the scenario is essentially him banging in more goals for a season with the ceiling being realistically 6th place for us (unless we invest...which Levy won't).

Fair.

If you're the club,what do you do & say to Harry now? We haven't even got a manager and the new season starts in less than 2 months. I just don't see us being able to do what we need to in that time to strengthen the squad and show him the ambition he wants (and deserves).

If we keep him the scenario is essentially him banging in more goals for a season with the ceiling being realistically 6th place for us (unless we invest...which Levy won't).
You tell him that with three years on his contract the club will not consider offers for him.

Simple.

Back
Top Bottom