Kane Is Going Nowhere This Summer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You tell him that with three years on his contract the club will not consider offers for him.

Simple.
Leonardo Dicaprio Meme GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

And what if Levy already agreed to sell him last summer?
What the fuck are you even talking about? "What if..."

"WHAT IF ?!?!"

What the fuck is wrong with you? Why are so many of you absolutely fucking brain dead? If we had agreed to sell him last summer then [drum roll] he would have been sold already!

What if Spurs give up and give the vacant manager's position back to Ryan Mason?
What if Kane charters a plane back from the Euros and it does a Sala?
What if the stadium collapses due to faulty structural loading and beam buckling calculations?
What if Daniel Levy is a cross-dresser?
What if the sun doesn't rise tomorrow?
tenor.gif

What the fuck are you even talking about? "What if..."

"WHAT IF ?!?!"

What the fuck is wrong with you? Why are so many of you absolutely fucking brain dead? If we had agreed to sell him last summer then [drum roll] he would have been sold already!

What if Spurs give up and give the vacant manager's position back to Ryan Mason?
What if Kane charters a plane back from the Euros and it does a Sala?
What if the stadium collapses due to faulty structural loading and beam buckling calculations?
What if Daniel Levy is a cross-dresser?
What if the sun doesn't rise tomorrow?
tenor.gif
No. What if they agreed he could leave in 12 months eg now, if the club didn’t go forwards (which it hasn’t). Does Levy renege on that for no good reason?

not sure what you speak to fellow Spurs fans so rudely either

Agree completely! Build a team around Harry for this coming season, then if he's off next summer you can still sell him for a king's ransom to plug the hole in the finances.

If we sell Kane now then we'll be sitting on a pile of gold and every single transfer will be extortion. 30m players suddenly cost 50m, etc.
This is cope, right? Surely, if said player is as valuable and awesome as you and others are maintaining in this thread then whenever he is sold the conditions will be the same i.e. big money and folks knowing we got it. This is just massive cope of "I can't deal with it so let me make up some shit to push off the anxiety a little bit".

I can't wait til this becomes a Rooney-type situation and you fuckers are like "Man, we gotta get this massive lump out of the middle of the park or we're going nowhere".
You took the words right out of my mouth.
And it seems you've replaced them with his balls. Stop sucking up VS...you're both wrong. Everyone wants Spurs to be better. Some folks just think we can do it by moving on and rebuilding.

Harry is a fantastic player, make no bones about it, but do you think looking ahead that he will be the same player he has been?
28 years old next month..clearly he is feeling like he needs to be looking elsewhere to win trophies...it isn't easy to play at the very top level if your heart isn't 100% in it.
No player is bigger than the team so if he is unable to put transfer speculation and a desire to leave out his head, do we have much choice but to (reluctantly) sell him?
I want to be clear, I'm not knocking him or saying he isn't a fantastic player. He is. I'm merely stating that the attitude of "we have to keep him at all costs" might be an overreaction.

On the contrary, you spent the bulk of your post saying that Harry is a flat-track bully and goes missing in big games.

Meanwhile, very few have said "keep him at ALL costs" anyway.

It was a 5-2-3 as I recall, and it was hot bullshit that you should be ashamed of.
Well I tried to make it a 3-4-3, but the site I was using didn't have that as an option.

It doesn't make a huge difference anyway, as Gosens and Hateboer are LWB and RWB respectively, which is where I put Reguilon and Baku.
Whether you call it a 3-4-3 or 5-2-3 is a semantic argument.

Then you said it works great for Atalanta and I had a brief out of body experience.
Atalanta do use a 3-4-3, and it does work well for them .

Regardless of your opinion of my proposed formation, it didn't justify unprovoked personal abuse.
I thought you were inebriated, or maybe going through a tough time, so I let it go. But now you've stood by it, that does change my perspective.

No one ever uses it though.

I don't know exactly how the proverbial 'pannel' would decided how much the remainder of Kane's contract is worth, but pressumably any buy-out would still be derived from some sense of market value....?

Southgate could help by playing to Harry's strengths rather than doing the exact opposite of what brings out the best of Harry.

This is what I don't understand, it's obvious Southgate has devised a plan to let Harry drop deep but if you do that you have to make sure the team uses Harry and plays through him, involve him and take advantage of his playmaking abilities. I can't believe how rarely the rest of the team pass to him, that's why he is so anonymous.

Harry would be better off ignoring Southgate and play further forward as a traditional striker

This is what I don't understand, it's obvious Southgate has devised a plan to let Harry drop deep but if you do that you have to make sure the team uses Harry and plays through him, involve him and take advantage of his playmaking abilities. I can't believe how rarely the rest of the team pass to him, that's why he is so anonymous.

Harry would be better off ignoring Southgate and play further forward as a traditional striker
This.!

Totally agree, but in the case of the Scotland game, he'd have still struggled to make much of an impact as he'd have just been left fighting off 3CBs whilst Sterling dribbled head-down into crowds of players.

The thing I find ammusing (ok; dumb) is this cross-section of media/fans calling for DCL in the name of "something different"....

Back
Top Bottom