****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ed4be76fe44e5e358809c4dab287ef06.jpg

I see the line up being the same as the Denmark game, unless Southgate wants to play the 3-4-3 then I'd imagine it'd be Trippier in for Mount or Saka. I'd personally like to see Saka instead of Mount, he does a lot of tracking back and defensive covering and Mount hasn't really hit any form in front of goal where Saka has been decent at attacking the wing back. Grealish looks best coming off the bench at the moment and terrorising tired legs.

We won't go 4-3-3 against Italy. It will be the wing-back formation, 100%. We'll keep it tight and hope that our depth on the bench and the pace we have on there can make the difference deep into the game or even in extra-time. Obviously an early goal for either side can change a lot.

It’s going to be a hard match for both teams. Really can’t choose a definitive favourite. Italy maybe the better team but England playing at home with a also a very good team. Hope England wins. What Harry to lift the thing

Do they have the better team? I think they have a better keeper and better midfield. But England have the better attack, albeit not by a distance or anything. Maguire and Stones have been the equal of Chiellini and Bonucci in this tournament. We have better options at wing-back, especially now they have Spinazzola missing. Our subs bench looks stronger to me. I think it's as 50-50 as you can get for a final. The home advantage can definitely help but it could also be a hinderance because of the pressure and expectation it brings. We've put in our best performance this tournament arguably away from Wembley.

I think they have a better keeper and better midfield
My concern is the midfield. Locatelli and, especially Veratti, can be very dangerous. I'm worried about the ability for them to play through Rice and Phillips. 3/4/3 could be the way to go. I think I'd opt for Mount again, but hope he has a better game and influences the midfield more.

My concern is the midfield. Locatelli and, especially Veratti, can be very dangerous. I'm worried about the ability for them to play through Rice and Phillips. 3/4/3 could be the way to go. I think I'd opt for Mount again, but hope he has a better game and influences the midfield more.

I think this game is crying out for Henderson myself. I think he's been quietly excellent every time he's come on. Clearly he's 100% fit now. Phillips has done well overall but I just think Henderson at his best offers a little more. Hard to drop Phillips though in the biggest game after he has started every game I suppose as he's done nothing wrong. Mount has been quieter than I would have liked, at least with the ball. He's a real goal threat for Chelsea but hasn't really looked like scoring at all for us this tournament.

Something's not clicking with Mount.... It's like we're expecting him to play like a #8 in 3 man MF, but he's only really covering the territory of a #10 (albeit still not being particualrly creative in the process).... (I suspect he's gassed after a long season.)

If all we're gonna get out of him is a CAM, then I'd rather play Grealish.

If playing against a 343 our 3 in the middle should have a numerical advantage, but they're not acheiving one.

I got news for you... In the US all the major sports finals start at 8pm, the Super Bowl being the exception. World Series, NBA Finals, College Football Championship. All of them at 8 fucking PM
I know that but we are not playing the final at 3am. 8 fucking pm is the latest we can go and it's likely due to the fact there will be a bigger US audience.

Perhaps European TV rights are more at 9pm-11pm but I doubt it.

It will be £££ driven.

Something's not clicking with Mount.... It's like we're expecting him to play like a #8 in 3 man MF, but he's only really covering the territory of a #10 (albeit still not being particualrly creative in the process).... (I suspect he's gassed after a long season.)

If all we're gonna get out of him is a CAM, then I'd rather play Grealish.

If playing against a 343 our 3 in the middle should have a numerical advantage, but they're not acheiving one.

He plays 5 or 10 yards deeper for England than he does for Chelsea. That's clearly where Southgate wants him. For England we're not going to see the same goal threat as he often poses for Chelsea for this reason. I don't recall him even being able to get a shot off on goal. Most of his best work will be off the ball in regards to his pressing and energy.

He plays 5 or 10 yards deeper for England than he does for Chelsea. That's clearly where Southgate wants him. For England we're not going to see the same goal threat as he often poses for Chelsea for this reason. Most of his best work will be off the ball in regards to his pressing and energy.

That's kind of the flip of what I'm highlighting though...... He's not been enough of a presence in the deeper areas given how he's seemingly been deployed.

He plays 5 or 10 yards deeper for England than he does for Chelsea. That's clearly where Southgate wants him. For England we're not going to see the same goal threat as he often poses for Chelsea for this reason. I don't recall him even being able to get a shot off on goal. Most of his best work will be off the ball in regards to his pressing and energy.
I hope its his off ball pressing and energy that goes unnoticed due to watching on TV, I don't see him doing a lot m

We won't go 4-3-3 against Italy. It will be the wing-back formation, 100%. We'll keep it tight and hope that our depth on the bench and the pace we have on there can make the difference deep into the game or even in extra-time. Obviously an early goal for either side can change a lot.
Tripps rb and Walker wing back?

Most Italian attacks come down their left

Back
Top Bottom