****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I place equal blame on the decision to sub Henderson back out and Rashfords poor penalty

Rashford is 24 in October, he ain’t a kid, and it’s his poor technique and miss that piled pressure on the next two who are genuine kids and should not have been 4 and 5

Henderson should have been kept on and taken 3rd one, he’s won trophies he’s been there, a cool head may have been better in the most immense of pressure

100% agree about Rashford..... Age being 'just a number', he's in the 'experienced' bracket as far as our attackers go..... Ahead of any bar Kane & Sterling.

I wouldn’t have been confident about Henderson tho.

100% agree about Rashford..... Age being 'just a number', he's in the 'experienced' bracket as far as our attackers go..... Ahead of any bar Kane & Sterling.

I wouldn’t have been confident about Henderson tho.
If you needed Saka or Hendo for your life in that situation you would pick Hendo and god knows who would have taken the 6th one! I know he isn’t a forward or goal scorer but in that particular situation when a nation staring at you, you just need the guy who’s been there still available to take one

If you needed Saka or Hendo for your life in that situation you would pick Hendo and god knows who would have taken the 6th one! I know he isn’t a forward or goal scorer but in that particular situation when a nation staring at you, you just need the guy who’s been there still available to take one

Confused now..... You said Henderson should have taken #3.

England are strong at the back partly because Phillips and Rice sit in front of the centre backs. If you left Maguire and Stones to deal with attackers without cover then the defence would look more suspect.

Stones is meant to be great on the ball, but he never really brings it out and Maguire only hits long balls. Compare it to how old man Chiellini gets around the park.

If you go back to Italia 90 England played more or less the same way as they did in this tournament, but with Mark Wright in a more free role bringing the ball out while Butcher and Des Walker stayed behind and, when the full backs dropped back, Wright could also push up and challenge an opposing midfielder. England have to get much more out of John Stones basically.
As an external observer: England is very different from Italy90. That was another kick, long ball to the tower. Today with the Premier League which is the best league in Europe and therefore in the world. You have the Guardiolas, the Klopps.
A national team coach cannot make a transfer campaign by buying Messi but he can fish in a large basin. I think Southgate has done a good job: you are finalists, it is France that has failed.
But as mentioned, you have to make better use of an offensive potential equal only to France.

Confused now..... You said Henderson should have taken #3.
Yeah I just mean in general yeah I think he should have taken 3

my point in general is he should have been available and in that situation preferred him to take one, I can’t imagine how Saka was feeling, that adrenaline soon turns to fear

I don’t disagree with him but for one factor Italy with Verrati and Jorginho have better passers than we have so I can understand the hesitation to play full throttle all game but England where far to negative in the second half, should have had at least Grealish on.

It’s sad that social media has given the bigots and racists such a voice. They used to crawl back into their holes after something like this and scream at the wall. Now they hurl abuse at players who, if the team was successful, would be directly responsible for success that these scummy people would celebrate.

It’s sickening that there are people in this world who spend their time abusing people they have never met. The saddest part is that these same people would crumble if any similar sort of abuse was directed towards them.

It’s sad that social media has given the bigots and racists such a voice. They used to crawl back into their holes after something like this and scream at the wall. Now they hurl abuse at players who, if the team was successful, would be directly responsible for success that these scummy people would celebrate.

It’s sickening that there are people in this world who spend their time abusing people they have never met. The saddest part is that these same people would crumble if any similar sort of abuse was directed towards them.
It's not just the platform though is it?

We have an openly racist prime minister and the US have just got rid of one the same. These people are empowered by their fellow racists making it ok.

Ahh so addressing racist behavior is just cancel culture?
Iron Man Reaction GIF

Back
Top Bottom