Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He scored 6 goals the season previously after 13 stars when he was 19/20.
What more do you expect from a kid?

It's not about what I expect. But he's had one good season so far in his relatively short career. That's a fact, not an opinion. Like Gil, I'd see him as more of a prospect. Signing a 21 year old as a genuine Kane replacement after one standout season would be a bit silly.

That is not obtuse at all.

I would say a large amount of Spurs supporters and posters here think that Levy has gone back on what he told Kane.
Thats called an agenda, how can we know when we don't know what was said? If its as damning as you believe Im sure Kane's brother will enlighten us.

Last edited:
Let’s be clear £100m for Kane is little different than our £3m and Onomah bid when Grealish was a championship player. The idea Kane forces himself out for a low bid with Levy as our chairman is laughable.

Thats called and agenda, how can we know when we don't know what was said? If its as damning as you believe Im sure Kane's brother will enlighten us.

No it isn't called an agenda at all.

We can know by using common sense and looking at past actions.

Martinez would be perfect but without champions league football we have to fish in a certain pond.

And that's why I said months ago, the way things were going we'll end up having to be content with signing players like Danny Ings.

We're now a mid-table club, top 10 at best, with an average manager, a wank stain of a chairman and soon to be without what has been our best player for the last half a dozen or so years. I find that a fair few people that post here are incredibly optimistic all things considered.

Well, that's my point. If any of those clubs actually wanted him, for whatever reason, we wouldn't stand a chance. We've never been able to attract the best players around even with Kane. Without him, I just don't see why any top player will genuinely want to join us even if we were willing to spend the money.
Vlahovic is a top prospect though. We have to take some risks with some youngsters. Look at how Son became great.

Of course we don't know exactly what happened, but is there anything in Harry Kane's past to indicate that he is making it all up?

When looking at this situation who is acting out of character? Do you think Kane woke up and said all of a sudden I will start acting completely out of character for no reason?

I don't think there is anything that is legally binding and think that Kane is definitely naive for believing that Levy would go back on his word.

But it makes perfect sense that Levy promised Kane that he could go and went back on that and that is why Kane has reacted this way.

I highly doubt that Levy would have promised to let him go. He probably said we would consider offers, which I’m sure we would. So far there has not been an offer worth considering.

All goes to prove Kane and his twat of a brother really are as thick as shite - gone about this totally the wrong way - sooner he is gone the better - assuming his brother will be in an executive box at the etihad at least it will free up a ticket for away games to a Spurs fan!!

It's not about what I expect. But he's had one good season so far in his relatively short career. That's a fact, not an opinion. Like Gil, I'd see him as more of a prospect. Signing a 21 year old as a genuine Kane replacement after one standout season would be a bit silly.
I think we need more context here, Vlahović went to Italy when he was 19 from Serbia, played 10 games and has improved each season. I think Gil is a huge prospect but he was Spanish and improved in his native country. I have watched, after hearing the link, Vlahović play and for his age IMO his style is impressive, hes fast and strong and extremely confident. Look I am not saying its guaranteed but who is?

I too would accept £150m, City have no players of value who would join us. Where is this £150m bid? If you think Harry is worth £150m why did Harry himself say £100m would be acceptable? In the history of football has any player of Kanes level ever went public with what price should be accepted?

Re-arragne these letters for your answer:

Hit-Shouse

I highly doubt that Levy would have promised to let him go. He probably said we would consider offers, which I’m sure we would. So far there has not been an offer worth considering.

I disagree I think it is very possible he said that to Kane thinking that he would never have to deal with it or as he has shown now will just go back on it.

Silly silly move today that only handicaps Kane. If City offer 100mil for Grealish, then Kane can't expect us to accept 100 for him. Why should we sell for less especially to another team in the Premier league and on top of that a rich rich club.

It absolutely frustrates me to no end this narrative of Kane needing to go elsewhere to win something. We've been in about 3 finals and a few semis, couple of league pushes. He is the main striker, failing to win something when it matters falls on him partially and he hasn't scored in any of the finals he's been in. He also hasn't got us into the finals with his goals from what I can remember.
Love Kane to bits as we all do on here but fuck me you would think we haven't got past a quarter finals the whole time he's been with us. Eventually he needs to step up and do it himself in a finals rather than this look that we are now beneath him and its the players around him are ruining it for him. It's total bullocks.

Hes bombarded his way to fitness to appear in finals in the past to literally do nothing all game now he wants to fuck off to City to finally win something with a team that is winning without him.

For me that's a lack of ambition, wanting to have a title gift wrapped rather than grinding it out himself.

Each to their own I can't knock him technically but if he leaves this season, as great as he has been and best in our prem era for spurs, he doesn't quite match some of the premier league assassins that really did it for their clubs. I'm talking the Agueros, Drogba, Rooney, Henry types. They had good players around them also but they were the talisman that never went missing in Cup finals. I've always said this about Kane that makes him that touch of the very best of the prem history for me.

Obviously speaking from a bitter tongue after today but its something I've said for a very long
A good friend, who happens to be a Citeh fan, sent this to me during the Euro final:

"Is Kane even playing in this game????"

Vlahovic is a top prospect though. We have to take some risks with some youngsters. Look at how Son became great.

I'm not disagreeing that he's a prospect. I'd see it as a positive signing. But if he's Kane's replacement, should Kane leave, then I think that based on the fact that he's barely proven himself yet it would be quite the risk. That's literally all I'm saying. Too many players have had a good season and then flattered to deceive. But in a day when Haaland has actually been mentioned as a potential signing, at least Vlahovic brings back a bit of normality.

Modric wanted to leave, as does Kane, but the club refused to sell and he stayed for a year and played well. Kane wants goal scoring records and to play well at the next World Cup, so for totally selfish reasons he has motivation to play well for us if he stayed. We can get £100m a year from now with the added bonus of 20 league goals and a bunch of assists from Harry next season. We do not need to sell for anything other than a stupid amount of money and frankly, we don't want to set that precedent (that we'll sell our best player for a 'reasonable' fee). All clubs should know that if you come for our best player when they have years to run on their contract, you'll have to pay a transfer fee that will make your arse bleed.
The absolutely correct post. Brilliantly put.

Ok, so Modric, an exception to the sulking player rule, was made to stay and played well. The one example you have of your point. Fair enough.

But Eriksen was made to stay, 1.5 years longer and it didn't work out but you want to discount this answer because in your estimation 'no one was desperate to take him'. In CE's mind he was priced out of the market and there were takers for him in the 3 previous windows. This seems a more apropos example than Modric in regards to Harry. And no one really seems 'desperate' to take Harry either or they would have just paid the crazy money. Doesn't that stand to reason?

And I never said you positively assessed Levy's handling of the situation. I brought it up because it is what you are suggesting now with Harry, exorbitant fee or keep unhappy player. We might get stuck with an unhappy player and another 1.5 years of Eriksen performances. Not ideal IMO.

Well, what future do you see? We have already been absolutely awful with Harry with awful EL losses and qualifying in bulgaria etc etc etc. Do you expect worse with him gone? I have been sticking to the facts.

What did keeping him do for us positively? I've already said I would have been open to selling Harry for a few seasons now. How much and what would it have done for us positively is just conjecture at this point. But I can answer with facts what keeping him did for us these past few years...Europa Conference League, 2 managers gone, and mulitple midtable finishes, shit football, etc etc etc. Indisputable facts.

Doesn't matter that they wouldn't have agreed. They'd be wrong and I'd have been right as time has shown. And we'd have a younger, more threatening player and a more dynamic team fleshed out with the Harry money.

I was not advocating signing Haaland 3 seasons ago from RBS as I didn't know about him. I also didn't advocate signing him before BVB because I knew he wouldn't have come here. But I was advocating selling Harry and others and rebuilding becasue that is how you build a team from our position as opposed to hanging on to the bits of quality you have and hoping they lack the ambition for greater things. And yes, most didn't agree with me then. Thing is, even with the benefit of hindsight they still wouldn't. And yet here we are.
I don't think the fee reported is exorbitant.

We did poorly with Kane, does that mean it was his fault? Correlation doesn't mean causation as I'm sure you well know. His record is facts, him being responsible for our demise isn't

Yes without him I expect worse.

Ah yes you'd be right, which let's be honest is all you're interested in. Yes here we are and if City pay the right price they get Harry. The circle is complete.

Thanks for the chat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom