Spurs v goons pre season game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck off you knob. To every cunt disagreeing I genuinely hope no one thought I condoned racist abuse the lad's way? If so maybe look at yourselves for instantly jumping the gun. I don't want to get labelled on here because of a few thick cunts like goat etc.
Didn’t see me label you anything. All I said was grow up. And I’ll say it again. Grow up.

Yes I've always thought this was the case. Now I'm not saying that this is necessarily a bad thing against every team. Against team's that sit back and park the bus, then obviously we need a player like Kane to score goals. But against teams that are attack minded like a Man City, I've always thought that Kane slowed the attack down. In many situations, it seemed like our runners would intentionally wait for Kane to catch up and/or Kane's mere presence would clog the middle of the pitch creating less space for our runners.

It's a controversial point of view but when you actually look at our record without Kane over the past 3 seasons, we looked fine without him so long as we had another goal scorer like Son playing.
Actually I couldn't disagree more.

One of Kane's main features, other than his clinical finishing, has been his movement off the ball to create space. Not just for himself but for runners either from the flanks or from midfield. For years his intelligent movement has been compared to that of Sheringham. This has only intensified as defenders began to double up on him. That was just his lateral movement, but over the last couple of seasons he's added more depth to that movement by dropping deeper into the pockets between defence and midfield, allowing players, Son being prime candidate, to run into the areas vacated by both him and his marker.
This hasn't been so apparent recently because our distribution from midfield has been so poor.

I simply do not see any reasonable analysis that could show that any team slows down because of Kane. On the odd occasion maybe, when he's not on his game, but consistently? Nope.

I’m actually optimistic going into the season based on the pre season. I think Lucas and Dele and to a lesser extent Bergwijn have been pretty good. Son is a superstar that’s already a fact but the I think the other three know they have a lot to prove and show we aren’t just the “Harry Kane team.”

I may be in the minority but I think Dele will regain some of his best that he had when he first signed. His interviews have shown that he knows he has messed up in the past and has matured knowing he needs to do better.
Lucas and Dele looking much better but I just can’t see a player in Bergwijn, he doesn’t have any standout attributes, no real pace, no directness, not much of a passer/crosser

Hopefully he proves me wrong but I wouldn’t mind moving him on for some money

Lol fair point.
What Llorente did do well though was win headers in the middle and then stay out of our runners' way. He never clogged the center/middle. It worked surprisingly well.
It worked too well we had to sell him

I'm flabbergasted that there's genuinely someone or anyone that thinks we are a better team without someone who had he stuck around just might have been our top scorer of all time, and someone who's record is up there with players that play for much better teams, like Aguero and Lewandowski.

I can't be arsed to argue today though so I'm just gonna stay flabbergasted and suck it up.

That's all you tell people to do.
The irony of a poster who has "mick pooper is a gooner" on his avatar, telling other posters to grow up is beyond hilarious
I'm not the greatest regarding picking up sarcasm irony etc. Is this guy for real? Same as Netflix or whatever he's called. A fucking cancer on the site. As soon as you challenge them they shite it though which honestly makes me think they are 15 year olds.

I'm flabbergasted that there's genuinely someone or anyone that thinks we are a better team without someone who had he stuck around just might have been our top scorer of all time, and someone who's record is up there with players that play for much better teams, like Aguero and Lewandowski.

I can't be arsed to argue today though so I'm just gonna stay flabbergasted and suck it up.

I guess this is the perfect opportunity to call you a cunt then.

Cunt.

Only joking, although, you do need to cheer up a bit. It's not that bad xx

That's all you tell people to do.
The irony of a poster who has "mick pooper is a gooner" on his avatar, telling other posters to grow up is beyond hilarious
Yes. When Spurs fans have rightly stood up and given support to Saka given all that he went throughly and someone says ‘fuck him because he’s part of the scum’ then yes I will tell them to grow up.

Last edited:
Nah just putting you in your place. Maybe don’t be such a cunt about Saka being given some support.

Grow up. You talk back to me again and I’ll come find you and smash you into the middle of next week. Got that you little GOONER cunt?
Fucking hell mate. At least I'll only have to work Thursday Friday this week.

Nah just putting you in your place. Maybe don’t be such a cunt about Saka being given some support.

Grow up. You talk back to me again and you won’t like the consequences.
Ah you changed your post again. Just to clarify. Am I getting smashed into next week or am I not liking the consequences. Or maybe both.

Well done, those of you who were there and applauded a young kid, who was subject to abuse after the Euro final. There are some things that transcend tribal rivalry, and I'm glad we rose above it.
Well said. I’m glad decent people also agree with this sentiment.

It was great to see the fans reaction. 👍🏾

Some things are far more important than sporting rivalries.

Back
Top Bottom