Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was sitting on his couch, watching his buddies and his country come very close to a first major tournament trophy in a very long time and thinking, “ I need to be in that World Cup team”. I think with a lot of the old guard gone now, major doubts over Kane, and let’s face, lower expectations for the coming season, he’s probably surmising this is a good opportunity to kick himself into gear.

it’ll be interesting if Nuno turns him into a regular starter and how he fits in to the team dynamic
Maybe he's just getting bored of Fortnite.

lol wut??

Dele is his own worst enemy.

Wants to play the game at his own pace and do what HE wants to do when HE feels like it.

Total dosser.

Does a few decent things every now and again and the fans forgive his overwhelming contribution of utter mediocrity.

Not falling for his flattering-to-deceive bs anymore.

Sell.
Agree. Credit to Dele he time his runs really well. But not good enough in most other areas. Lo Celso came on and showed Dele how to play in midfield.

Clean slate (again).
For me at least there was enough to show he was a great player. Either misused or self abused (or both?) but he’s still Spurs. And I’m ready to give him a season to show he is what we all thought he was and what some of us think he still can be.
Dele will shine this year.

he cant keep the ball attempting simple passes to team mates. that would be a decent start. guys been shit for 3 years, the fact we are still persevering with him is a little strange now.

We'll see either way... Seems a bit silly talking about sacking the manager within 3 games regardless of your thoughts on Dele (who obviously is capable of simple passes).

eems a bit silly talking about sacking the manager
obviously he doesnt deserve to be sacked but its not a good start if he starts favouring a player whos been a massive let down for 3 fucking years. its the same if he starts playing winks over more deserving players. how many chances do you give these players until you realise they are simply not good enough and punching above their weight..at the cost of the club!

obviously he doesnt deserve to be sacked but its not a good start if he starts favouring a player whos been a massive let down for 3 fucking years.

Expecting Nuno to persist with players that persist in letting HIM down is equally a bit silly though.....

Has he got a track record of doing this?

One would expect he's used pre-season to try and establish his pecking order to date and that it will continue to develop over the coming weeks.

its the same if he starts playing winks over more deserving players. how many chances do you give these players until you realise they are simply not good enough and punching above their weight..at the cost of the club!

I just don't see the point in getting one's knickers in a twist about things that haven't even happened; nor traits in a manager that have yet to be shown.

Last edited:
Sad Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News
Indolent son of the rich-
Draft dodger-
First President in 150 years who snubbed his successors Inauguration.

whats well for dele? pulling off a little pretentious nutmeg on the halfway line?
Yes, if a couple of his flicks come off then several on here will be claiming he is back to his very best whilst ignoring his lack of mobility and his bumbling inability to retain the ball and general ineffectiveness. We will never win anything with him in the team as he is not good enough. Sad but true

Back
Top Bottom