Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, if a couple of his flicks come off then several on here will be claiming he is back to his very best whilst ignoring his lack of mobility and his bumbling inability to retain the ball and general ineffectiveness. We will never win anything with him in the team as he is not good enough. Sad but true
Might score the winner...

If dele starts the first few games in MF, Nuno should be sacked

lunacy
if he starts full stop. being shit for 3 years is not poor form
Shouldn't even be in the squad.

Ah, regular hyperboles here.

Please geniuses. Do come here and lay it all before us, all of this all-knowing wisdom.
Who are the established world-beaters that should keep Alli out of the side if Nuno decides to play 4-3-3.

Who are guraranteed to do better than Alli?
Ndombele
, who has played 0 minutes in preseason and seems to think about 10 things before football?
Winks, who gets as much slate than Alli but in fact has never been close to as good as Alli was at his prime. Sure, prime Alli has been gone for a while but there has never even been "prime Winks".
Sissoko, midfielder who cant controll the ball and prefers to point fingers and jog around.

Only option I could see that would keep Alli out is to play a line of Skipp-Hjojberg-Lo Celso.
But this trio makes me worry about our creativity and ability to find good forward passes. Plus let's not forget that Skipp has next to zero experience in EPL. His heroics of last season came in Champo.

So for me it is very weird to see people enjoy slating player like Dele with such pleasure. I mean in Ndombele thread everyone are like "come on, get yourself together! try harder!". And when there is Alli who seems to be trying harder and putting in effort, then it is like "Ah, that guy is shit. sack manager who plays him". I mean what the hell is your solution then? Just put him to rot in reserves or freeze him out of the squad? How does that help Spurs as a team. Be my guest, explain it.

Dele has been poor since the WC 2018 (but so were a few of our players Dier, Trippier,Eriksen)
were does Dele fit into our team ? his strength is ghosting in and scoring (but for that he needs someone who sees a pass aka Eriksen, he is not a winger or DM I don't see a creative midfielder in him

Dele is one of the first on the team sheet right now. Not because he has found his form again, but because we simply lack goals in the squad right now. He has to play.

Dele is one of the first on the team sheet right now. Not because he has found his form again, but because we simply lack goals in the squad right now. He has to play.
He has seemed a little more invigorated pre-season. With the Jose shackles off, he should be given a chance. Really everyone should be given a chance to show what they can do. I can only imagine he is picking the teams based on what he is seeing in training, as well as what is available.

Pretty shocking really that we are forced to play Dele Ali because of lack of goal scorers. Incompetent planning once again from the board. How the fuck have we got to this ? The Harry Kane situation should be sorted and either we plan for life with him next season or we plan for his replacements. A complete shambles

Please geniuses. Do come here and lay it all before us, all of this all-knowing wisdom.
Who are the established world-beaters that should keep Alli out of the side if Nuno decides to play 4-3-3.

Ndombele
, who has played 0 minutes in preseason and seems to think about 10 things before football?
Winks, who gets as much slate than Alli but in fact has never been close to as good as Alli was at his prime. Sure, prime Alli has been gone for a while but there has never even been "prime Winks".
Sissoko, midfielder who cant controll the ball and prefers to point fingers and jog around.

Only option I could see that would keep Alli out is to play a line of Skipp-Hjojberg-Lo Celso.
But this trio makes me worry about our creativity and ability to find good forward passes. Plus let's not forget that Skipp has next to zero experience in EPL. His heroics of last season came in Champo.

So for me it is very weird to see people enjoy slating player like Dele with such pleasure. I mean in Ndombele thread everyone are like "come on, get yourself together! try harder!". And when there is Alli who seems to be trying harder and putting in effort, then it is like "Ah, that guy is shit. sack manager who plays him". I mean what the hell is your solution then? Just put him to rot in reserves or freeze him out of the squad? How does that help Spurs as a team. Be my guest, explain it.

The fact that 3 other cunts are either more lazy or shit than you, is hardly an excuse for being a showboater.

The fact that 3 other cunts are either more lazy or shit than you, is hardly an excuse for being a showboater.

Thats not the point.

I find appalling that players are written off so easily. He has not played a single official game under new manager and in new system but people are saying stuff like "manager should be sacked if he starts Alli".

If he starts and is useless / plays badly / gives away possession etc - okay then I get it. Come to comment on that when it happens. But right now there is no option at all to please some.

Thats not the point.

I find appalling that players are written off so easily. He has not played a single official game under new manager and in new system but people are saying stuff like "manager should be sacked if he starts Alli".

If he starts and is useless / plays badly / gives away possession etc - okay then I get it. Come to comment on that when it happens. But right now there is no option at all to please some.
Been poor for 3 years. He's had his chances, time to move him on.

Dele has been poor since the WC 2018 (but so were a few of our players Dier, Trippier,Eriksen)
were does Dele fit into our team ? his strength is ghosting in and scoring (but for that he needs someone who sees a pass aka Eriksen, he is not a winger or DM I don't see a creative midfielder in him

The demises of Dele and Dier are intriuging.

To say the least.

Thats not the point.

I don't know if it's his fault.

If he lacks motivation (then it is) or if his talent was always bizarely overexposed.

The real fault lies with ENIC (as always). They didn't shift the shit deadwood players for years and years, and didn't improve the squad with quality players who would both inspire, pressure and mentor players like Dele.

Been poor for 3 years. He's had his chances, time to move him on.

Yea, so... again touch of realism calling.

We should axe Alli, Winks, Dier and Davies. We might be forced to sell Kane.
Please, provide me a list of HG players so we can register regular sized team.

Look, I am not saying that I have not been dissapointed with Dele for quite some time now.
Nor am I saying he is the superstar of the team. Nor that he should be guaranteed starter for large number of games.

All I am saying that from our limited list of options I could see him starting. Right now we don't have many options, and we have to make best out of what we have. So I am okay with giving him a chance to come back.

Ndombele

I rate Dele and would start him in the front 3

Dangerous in the box, good movement, quick thinker and can finish. In midfield? Dross
I will gladly eat humble pie if you are shown to be right this season but I just don’t see it. For the first couple of seasons he was here I would have agreed with every word you’ve written there. Now I see a ponderous and lethargic player who slows up the play, has poor control, makes poor decisions in the final third and no longer finishes well. Time will tell but surely this season is his last chance to fulfil his prior immense promise.

The demises of Dele and Dier are intriuging.

To say the least.
I don't see them as at all intriguing (in any mysterious sense). Eric Dier has never reached his former levels primarily due to the illness he had. Dele Alli due to Jordan Pickfords evil spite( be intriuged to see how fully his last victim recovers). He had hamstring injuries that fundamentally altered his ability to explode away from an oponent already reducing him Pickford ended the player he was. I frankly can't believe the pass that evil dwarf gets cut. Once we see the "new" VVD I'll put money on the scousers not overlooking his imput.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom