Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele is a Spurs success story. I see him as one of our own as much as Kane.

If he puts in the effort I can see him returning To being a key player for us. His pre-season has been pretty good.
i don't think its a lack of effort (unless we are talking about defending our box from open play) for me its why does fit into the team ?
if we had a real DM (Wanyama in his prime) then Dele could fit into 5 attacking plays, (eg Son Kane Moura, Dele GLC) but I see how to fit him into 4 attacking players

Dele is a Spurs success story. I see him as one of our own as much as Kane.

If he puts in the effort I can see him returning To being a key player for us. His pre-season has been pretty good.
100% agree with this

You can tell he's a little rusty but I imagine he's going to grow into the season once he starts clicking with our other attacking players.

I think he'll get 8 PL goals / 8 PL assists this season

Must have turned over possession 5/6 times today, top performance. Fair play to him, he's come back in great shape. Hopefully he can kick on now and get back in the goals.

Don't expect goals, he's playing in a midfield 3 now, proper box-to-box, he's still making lat runs and joining attacks more than Skipp and PEH so there will be some but 5-8 this season will most likely be his number.
Agreed.

If he plays that role then goals aren’t a big part of the deal. He‘ll get his share from that position but it’s the pressing and defensive work that’s the important part.

I like him in the 'workhorse' type role. The 433 we are playing is a bit Kloppesque I think, with the 3 in midfield needing to be really hardworking players. Dele gets through a lot of running.
Yes. Somehow he seemed more comfortable today. Given time, we may also see flashes of brilliance too. He's an emotional type who thrives on success and takes failure very badly.

Dropped quite a bit of upper body needless muscle, hence his whole posture has changed, his diaphragm sits lower so his balance is better, and his posture in receiving the ball less ponderous (probably from a lower protein intake I would speculate).

Like it. Lean mean running machine, if he can persist then he's a good option.

Have slated him recently so credit where it's due. If a transformation into a midfield workhorse can keep him useful at this level then I'm all for it.

The Winkssoko and Dele era left us in a midfield wasteland where teams just strolled through unopposed.

If Dele keeps us this workrate alongside the tenacious Skipp, PEH and Gio (plus potentially Nandez) we will look so much more solid. Maybe our previously terrible looking centre backs will start to look decent like they did today with some proper protection in front.

I’d really give up on him. Never bought the narrative that Mourinho had done him in. Let’s not forget, Pochettino had removed him from the side and it was Mourinho who brought him in from the cold when he was hired before rightly being fucked off by his form.

However, I loved the effort I saw from him today especially in a role as 3 in the midfield he’s never played much. There was a lot of noise this summer about how he’d buckled down and trained very hard, maybe it wasn’t just PR.

Back
Top Bottom