Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I absolutely love how Nuno had us set up to play narrowly today.

I'm sick and fucking tired of the past few years of everyone thinking you've got to play 5-3-2 for playing defensive and counter-attacking football against superior opposition.

We bossed 80 of the 95 minutes. How in the name of Allah, Krishna, Christ or Yahweh is that a fluke?

They had FOUR fucking shots on goal, all of which we dealt with pretty easily. Our defence was outstandingbfrom start to finish, even in the first tricky minutes.

Did you actually watch the game
It's a troll. Don't feed it.

We bossed 80 of the 95 minutes. How in the name of Allah, Krishna, Christ or Yahweh is that a fluke?

They had FOUR fucking shots on goal, all of which we dealt with pretty easily. Our defence was outstandingbfrom start to finish, even in the first tricky minutes.

Did you actually watch the game

Yes I watched the game.

They had three sitters they missed and missed the net so not sure the shots on goal stat matters that much.

If this is the style Nuno wants to play, I am all for bringing in Traore' from Wolves. Let him run into space along with Son and Lucas. I know he is wasteful at times but just tell him to get the ball around the box then give it to Son.

If you thought Stevie B had poor end product.... I'll raise you Adama

We did that with Mou and the balls kept (predictably) coming back at us. At least with Sonny, Moura and Berg up top it's fluid.

Nothing stuck with Son today centrally and he’s so weak in physical duels, I also think Son is shit loads better cutting in from outside, I think if we’d had him where Bergwijn was today, we’d have had a couple more.

Alli’s a fucking bumbler, but until we get another guy to play up there with the Kane dough, I’d shove him up there, at least we’d have a physical presence and Son and Moura can bounce off him.

It also would have the added bonus of getting Alli out of that L8 and putting Lo Celso in there instead.

What did you make of it today?

Grow up for pointing out the truth??

City missed sitters all day and we got lucky on the Son goal.

I will gladly take the 3 points but we were insanely lucky to win that game. That is the absolute truth.

The fact you're the only one saying it should tell you something ... including Sky pundits.

It did look good.

At times, I thought we looked very narrow, so I would worry against a side that was moving the ball quickly. That said, if they're really drilled and have the ability to shift with the play then it could be very effective.

City were a shadow of themselves. Playing at a walking pace.

Not that I care. Fuck'em.
They seemed to think all they had to do was turn up and they would walk it. Well they did 'walk it', in a way.

They've never won at the new stadium. They've never scored at the new stadium. Maybe that's why they want Kane - he's scored loads of times at the new stadium.

Are you watching, Harry Kane?

Back
Top Bottom