Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always great to get 3 points but if last season taught us anything, it’s that results eventually catch up to performances.

The reality is if we play like that all season we’ll come 8th at best.

Defence - The lack of ball players is causing us all sorts of problems. None of the 4 (5 including the keeper) are confident on the ball, and that makes it so easy for the opposition to win the ball off us with a simple press. There’s a lot of love for Reggie on this forum but his defensive awareness is so fucking bad.

MF - Similarly the MF lacks ball players. The trio also felt very distant to me too. Didn’t appear to be a unit like it did against City.

Attack - Son looked injured to me. He was off the pace. Couple of good moments from Bergy. It was all counter based though.

Tactics - I hated them personally. This to me looks a really weak Wolves team. To see us so deep, with no press and lacking any control of the ball brought back some horrid memories from last season.

We don’t have especially good footballers in this team, we have to play high up the pitch with intensity. It’s surely our only route to success.

On a positive note I think we’ve been poor away to Wolves every game since they were promoted (unless I’m forgetting something) so the 3 points are a blessing.

6 from 6 so far, but so much for us to work on.

Not convincing at all

Last 15 mins much better (when Kane/Gio came on)

We were too deep and too on the ropes for too long.
I want to see a bit better football than that.

I'm hoping its just the case of needing Kane to return + a few new faces.

At least the defensive errors are less even if Sanchez (1st half) and Dier (2nd half) had their poor moments.

This is awful

Normal service resumed with Sanchez I see

I don't blame him or even Levy at this point, tbh (and Nuno hasn't seen enough of the clownshow he's capable of).

We know he and Dier are shit and will fuck us as the season goes on.

But as soon as they have the odd stable performance the fans are all over social media saying they're amazing and we should keep them and Levy sees an oppo to keep cash in his pocket.

Easy

sweating key and peele GIF

I started smoking again:

I wouldn’t say we deserved the win but there were signs of improvement on last season. I liked how we kept on attacking until the final minute and after the introduction of Kane we looked like the better side. I would like us to use more short passes and try and hold onto the ball better, instantly when Lo Celso came on you could see that was the message from the bench. End of the day 6 points is a great start so far, we still need some new signings but regardless of what happens it won’t be as dull as the last 18 months.

This is big for us. There is no doubt that Skipp and Hojbjerg are having an impact on this, but Dier and Sanchez have been very competent for the most part.

Unfortunately, that combination isn’t helping us at all going forward.
I thought our transition from defence to attack was very good

Now all we need is to transition to our own attack instead of the opposition

Although we were poor the team are certainly fighting for everything, we need to add some quality badly though

Been mentioned earlier on in the thread, but remember last week against Man City and how intense the crowd was for that game.

Basically we had that today... but were on the receiving end of it.

Think the fact we stood up, battled well and played more than a good enough game to win the match.

Probably areas to work on, but we certainly created more than our fair share of chances in that second half.

Welcome the 3 points, naturally, but that overall performance was fucking horrible.

And it was on Nuno imo.

Gonna put it aside (extremely generously) and give him this one, tho, as a bit of a technical mare early on in his tenure (especially as we played so cleanly and cohesively against City).

But, I want to see him show he's learned from this and need to see more in-game tactical flexibility from him; instict, and foresight.

Many other teams will show the sort of fire and desire against us as Wolves did, here(which City failed to).

Want to see us keep the ball more under real pressure; control the MF more and adjust to obvious imbalances.

Not happy, but grateful for the win.

At times we did keep the ball really well through but we struggled to do it all the time because you could tell we was hesitant to commit to many forward Incase Traore got to much space. Our CBs and FBs obviously had instructions to stay back Incase they broke on us

The the one time we did get get forward in numbers and gave it away they got there only chance of the game.

We wasn't as bad as people made out had the same number of shots on target and 2x as many clear cut chances despite the possession being 42-58 to them.

If traore could shoot/cross they would have killed us but also if he could shoot or cross he would be at Barca still and there main man so

Back
Top Bottom