Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winning ugly. Result could have gone either way. Early days but not much different from last season under Mourinho.

If we continue picking up points thats the main thing. Its not going to drastically improve overnight.

We did look better when Kane came on. And he did put in some effort. We need a striker regardless if he stays or goes. Son is not the answer on his own.

Next 2 games can make a better judgement overall. Two teams we should comfortably beat.

Tell ya what; as much as we didn't play well, their keeper kept them in with a shout over that last 10-15mins.
Maybe but we played poorly for 75 minutes.

Hopefully its just the case that this current lineup isn't right and when we get some new faces and maybe the likes of Kane/Ndombele return to the squad it'll be much better.

Wolves carved our defense, in MF and the backline, apart.

Glad to get the 3 points but I do not get all the comments about how our defense looked solid. It was a terrible defensive performance.

They had 6 shots on target. We had 6 on target. No robbery here.
It wasn't a smash and grab, but the lack of ball progression was concerning. Way too much hoof-ball.

Wolves were riding their home support like we did last week, but hopefully Nuno tweaks the lineup against Watford. I don't think this lineup played well enough for 2/3rds of the match to warrant running it out again.

Pants performance. To be honest they often seem to play like that under Jose, Mason and now Nuno. Late Poch too come to think of it.

C L E AR O U T
I'm not saying it was a good performance (it obviously wasn't), but I can't help thinking that we'd have drawn under Jose and lost with Mason and his mates (including 90 mins of Winks). And I dread to think what would have happened last week.

Back
Top Bottom