Tottenham v Pacos de Ferreira (1945 GMT) UCL 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did not watch the 1st leg but the reports were dreadful. I was therefore pleased it was relatively easy wIn. Another clean sheet but worryingly the only Spurs players to score from open play in 4matches are Son and Kane. Others must start scoring or we are going to struggle.
Gil played well but Moura was poor considering the opposition and presumably is making way for Kane sunday.

VICTORY!

mKDFbw1.jpg

Just got home. When Kane was announced at the start, he got 50% cheers and 50% boos from the South Stand, but by the time he'd scored his brace and was being subbed, it was 100% applause.

I liked Bryan G, but couldn't really pick a MOTM. Everyone worked hard, showed good skills and mucked up in equal part. They barely got a sniff, but I thought we showed them too much respect - should have slaughtered them.

The crowd was lame - virtually silent - you could easily hear what was being shouted on the pitch.

The only bit I couldn't hear was the garbled rambling on the screens at 1/2 time. It was so unintelligible it was funny.

No injuries, so it was a nice little run out before Sunday.

COYS

Funniest moment was in the 2nd half. Winksy got the ball, centrally, on the edge of the box and a space opened up. The entire South Stand woke up & screamed SHHHOOOOOTT. You could see him thinking OMG I've got to shoot - he did so and blazed it miles over the bar !!!looool soo funny.

We have to offer Jan a role at the club when he retires. Always liked the way he spoke about football in interviews.

Very intelligent guy and an obvious leader. Plus he loves this club.
One of the most underrated players in PL history. Absolute Rolls Royce, rarely injured and with a nasty streak too

incredible player

Funniest moment was in the 2nd half. Winksy got the ball, centrally, on the edge of the box and a space opened up. The entire South Stand woke up & screamed SHHHOOOOOTT. You could see him thinking OMG I've got to shoot - he did so and blazed it miles over the bar !!!looool soo funny.
Funniest bit for me was when golini fumbled it for the corner and some one shouted 'dickhead!' clear as a bell.

Was scary watching him.

Did not watch the 1st leg but the reports were dreadful. I was therefore pleased it was relatively easy wIn. Another clean sheet but worryingly the only Spurs players to score from open play in 4matches are Son and Kane. Others must start scoring or we are going to struggle.
Gil played well but Moura was poor considering the opposition and presumably is making way for Kane sunday.
The bloke is toss. Sell him

I applauded them as any true supporter would do ;)..........but not singing one of our own, he has to earn that !
I sang as loud as I could, "He's only on loan" - no other bugger joined in.

Just skimmed through the thread and am very happy to see that others think Gil (not Gill, you wankers) has Modric potential. He does - let's hope he fulfills it. Sadly, Sess was anonymous, but Romero looked good. Doherty and Winks (yes, I'm sitting down to type this) had good games. Gollini looks fine, but had nothing to do.
Gio's goal was lovely. Kane's were in the distance, so I haven't seen them as well as you lot.

All in all, I think we showed potential - commitment, skill and energy, but we're not the finished article, by any means. Why couldn't we have thrashed this bunch of farmers?

Back
Top Bottom