Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well that's why I said largely. There are exceptions. But in the United Kingdom, the better atmospheres I can think of all come inside smaller, compact stadiums. A compact stadium with 30,000 people can sound much louder than another stadium that has 90,000 inside.
I'm disagreeing with the notion that it's down to the stadium. Noisy fans are noisy fans, stick them in what is supposed to be considered a design that's not supposed to be conducive to a noisy stadium and they still generate noise ie those I listed. Sure stick them in a small or compact stadium and they'll be noisy their too.

I think there are so many myths build around this and they are largely created by English fans trying to excuse why their stadium is shit, like The Emirates, Woolwich has shit fans when they were are Highbury a small compact stadium, it's nickname was The Libary for a reason. Same with West Ham fans, I've been to Upton Park numerous times to their Cup final with us, if they weren't winning you could hear a pin drop.

English football atmospheres are truly shocking, they've been declining for decades, but following Spurs in Europe over the years most European games bar a small handful have always been played in noisier stadiums than anywhere you would experience in England. Some of it is fucking annoying cheerleader stuff with megaphones from the ultra's, which I understand some don't like this form of our more organic noise but they are always noisey.

Last edited:
I liked Little Britain when it came out 20 years ago but I've since found out this prick has no sense of humour. Cunt.
I had the misfortune of being sat right next to the prick at a performance of Matilda The Musical in the West End - what an 'up his own arse' self-absorbed little shit he seemed to be.

Edit - as for Little Britain - one unfunny joke, repeated ad nauseum.

So then…. Wilshire has been told that he’s “welcome” to join Wigan by their chairman. Let’s see how keen and eager he is. If he’s true to his claims in the papers he will have his scrawny little arse up the M6 by lunchtime.

Looking back at Little Britain an awful lot of it was punching down humour. Which should have been a big red flag that this guy is pretty darn unfunny.
I think they ripped off the league of gentleman as well. But TLOG did it in a different way.
Never got the hype over Little Britain. Didn't like David Williams either. Horrible bloke,or came across that way to me anyway

I honestly don't think he's got any mental health issues whatsoever.

He's an overrated twat who managed to get a big payday at Spam before Moyes went there (no way would he have sanctioned that one). Played very few games, most fans remember him for jokingly climbing out of a tumble drier at the Spam training ground. It didn't go down well when he tweeted that one out - they were near the foot of the table at the time. Hilarious.

His pride/arrogance has taken a well-deserved battering, that's all.

Get a fucking contract at a SouthEast/London club - you won't even have to move home or uproot your kids' schooling. Fulham and QPR are going for promotion so they won't take the risk.

That still leaves a load:

Millwall
AFC Wimb
Luton
MK Dons
Orient

Get yourself a contract with one of those and stop whingeing, you're one of the luckiest men on the planet. If you'd picked up injuries at the age of 16 and had to retire there and then you'd be broke and doing chokey.
lives in harpenden ….surely he could get a game with mkdons , Stevenage possibly luton

fuck him horrible shit of person

those bridges are all burnt and no use on his tumble down

I think they ripped off the league of gentleman as well. But TLOG did it in a different way.
Never got the hype over Little Britain. Didn't like David Williams either. Horrible bloke,or came across that way to me anyway
Agree about Walliams. As Anne Widdecombe would say - There's something of the night about him.

Woolwich really are shit aren't they? If they concede less than 3 with that defence then they've done well.

Last edited:
lego batman GIF

Back
Top Bottom