Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If a Spurs head coach patted a player (a serial offender) on the back after he got the most braindead of Red cards for a two-footed tackle in a completely innocuous position on the pitch, I'd want him firing.

But since it's Woolwich, I hope Kroenke extends the contract of Arteta & Edu for another 5 years, just like Xhaka.
After Spurs deals Xhaka getting a new contract was the best news of the summer.

I've started at a new job this week - and being introduced to my colleagues with my boss. While we're walking down the corridor she stops outside an office. 'Oh, here's ****. He's an Woolwich fan. Don't bring it up, he's really sensitive about it.'

:nunoteeth:Cunts can't stand they're shit.

He's a £200m per summer man......... That demands a certain level of income which the Goons don't have.

People like to tell themselves that he didn't come here due to us lacking "ambition" but that's just a reverse euphemism used to make us look bad.

A "dysphemism"; so google tells me.:pochsmirk:
They've spent £600M in the last decade, over £300M in the last 5 years. If they don't spend enough for Conte, then only United, Chelsea, and City do. Chelsea is probably the only one that would have him, and that's not likely to be too soon.

I'm fairly concerned about Conte.

They've spent £600M in the last decade, over £300M in the last 5 years. If they don't spend enough for Conte, then only United, Chelsea, and City do.

Well yeh, that'd be my take too.

Chelsea is probably the only one that would have him, and that's not likely to be too soon.

I think Utd & City both would...... Why not?

Ole can't survive without silverware forever....
Pep's said he's off in 2 years... Maybe he sulks off in one?

I'm not..... As above; 600m in a decade = 60m a year..... 300m in 5 also = 60m..... Shit squad to start with (at least he have a tangible project and a couple of elite fwds here)..... Where's the appeal ? When you can take your time and pick an elite team.... He's already mentally conceeded to a gap year so why rush back into a job now?

Things are far from stable at RM, FCB, PSG... Who knows, maybe Nagglesman bombs at BM.

Last edited:
Guys, if Conte wasn't convinced by the tools available to him at Spurs, he's not even going to pick up the phone call from Woolwich.

Conte is not a "project" manager, and he's not going to sit patiently until January and let the losses accumulate, damaging his reputation.

I don't know where some of you are getting this idea from. I think I'm likelier to be coaching Woolwich than Conte is.l

They've spent £600M in the last decade, over £300M in the last 5 years. If they don't spend enough for Conte, then only United, Chelsea, and City do. Chelsea is probably the only one that would have him, and that's not likely to be too soon.

It’s possible, but seems unlikely as I just don’t know why he would go. At a certain point they just can’t keep spending and very well may be hamstrung by this summer and other recent bad decisions.

They have missed out of CL money for a while now and it doesn’t look likely anytime soon and their decisions all reek of panic buys to flip things around. Ben White for 50 million? Ramsdale for 30? New contract for Xhaka and big wages for Auba and Lacazete. If Conte were to come in, he’d likely be able to make them into a somewhat respectable side, but he won’t be able to get the funds to rebuild that whole team and wouldn’t be able to shift all that deadwood.

Imagine if they get relegated, fucking hell, I would love it, would celebrate it like a league win not even joking and I am not ashamed to admit that either.
I’d genuinely deck my house out in blue & white ribbons as was done pre-FA Cup final build up back in the day. I’d drive through Krapy Rubsnif with blue and white ribbons and flags tied to the car, with the speaks cranked up to 11 with laughter bellowing out.

Dreamland

63391-FB0-2-F8-A-459-C-881-C-1-FFCE223-E7-BA.jpg

Honestly, I think relegation would really be a very positive thing for them as a club.

They need a complete clear-out of the entire club. And it would help them to shed most of their pathetic fan base that just started supporting them because of the early Wenger era.

Back
Top Bottom