***** Hungary v England World Cup qualifier 19:45******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What post?
And that's racism too. Where is the selfawarness in anything of this? It backs up my previous point on this whole debate a while back which is that this isn't really about combatting racism at all, it's about selfrighteousness feeling above it all. Patting ourselves on the back.

Grouping an entire country together and branding them all racist is racist in itself isn't it?

And suddenly it's England who aren't the racist evil colonialists but the good guys again. This is all tribalistic bullshit. My tribe is morally more advanced than yours etc. And if we weren't playing a country who's skin was white, and homogenically even whiter than our own (which is partly why they're more racist anyway i'd imagine) there wouldn't even be this narrative.

What if we playing say Turkey for example and this had happened? Would there be the same image of England V Racists? I think not.

Lets see who has the balls to answer that.
MVP's response was essentially the good old "it's okay when we do it", much like his take (not unlike Biden's view) that you ain't black if you don't agree with him. Totally racist.

Slurring and branding an entire nation as racist, is quite frankly, well, racist. Even if you don't like said leader of that country to begin with. Sorry. Shocker, not all people think the same MVP. Dress it up however you like or however you read it. It's still racism.

Last edited:
PowPowspur PowPowspur why would it make a difference if we were playing Turkey? They're a pretty bigoted country anyway. I've been there and it's a vile place.
The colour of their skin. It wouldn't be framed the same way is the point with that image. The narrative wouldn't be
the same. Hungary is a right wing country whose population is white right?

MVP thinks it would, but only after i pushed him, and i call bullshit on that.

The colour of their skin. It wouldn't be framed the same way is the point with that image. The narrative wouldn't be
the same. Hungary is a right wing country whose population is white right?

MVP thinks it would, but only after i pushed him, and i call bullshit on that.
I guess not. Personally I don't care if they are Turkish or Hungarian. Racism is racism.

MVP's response was essentially the good old "it's okay when we do it", much like his take (not unlike Biden's view) that you ain't black if you don't agree with him. Totally racist.

Slurring and branding an entire nation as racist, is quite frankly, well, racist. Even if you don't like said leader of that country to begin with

Huh no it wasn't and you talk about me being dishonest.
. Sorry. Shocker, not all people think the same MVP. Dress it up however you like or however you read it. It's still racism.

Not to me it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom