Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not trying to be knee jerk but that was up there as one of the worst performances since pre Redknapp days. I don’t actually remember the last time we played 90 minutes without even creating a half chance. Holy fook that was as bad as I’ve ever seen.

5 hours on and I'm still trying to comprehend that Tottenham Hotspur, managed by a cheap Wolves cast off, with a team over loaded with mediocrity, have just been comprehensively thumped 3-0 by Crystal Palace .

Have we really progressed as much as people say over the last 2 decades?

Stadium is nice.

Actually you'd be wrong as neither Penandes nor Michail Antonio plays for us. Which makes sense as the PL page has Harry down for none of those this season. I imagine you're thinking in the past (precisely my point) back to last season. And again, goals and assists aren't intrinsic qualities of a player.

Yes living in the way back machine of 6 months.

Nope they certainly aren't good thing the eye test also shows how much more he does than just provide those goals and assists.

Disappointed in the line up to start with, why three defensive midfielders? Why not make a change at half time? Why not bring Ndombele or Gil on? So some of it is on Nuno. But, as usual, most of the players are just not good enough - passing, decision making, attitude was all shite. Been this way for a very long time now, and, I cannot see it changing.
Well the coach should encourage some bravery

Yes the international break has fucked us. But..........

Whoever thought what we signed in the summer was enough is stupid. We are still 4-5 platers short of this squad being capable. This will be a long season again.
Plus a manager who knows what his doing and has a clear philosophy and coaching accumen

The problem was we were relying on that midfield to be brave with the ball in possession. We had Regy and Royal both pushed up the pitch in acres of space when the ball was in the middle of the pitch. Winks and Skipp both passed up opportunities to hit them the ball or when they tried it they failed. Get the FBs wide in space and have our forwards run the channels.

That was the plan, but our midfield just wasn't able to try it or do it.
Needed someone who can see a pass wonder who?

I am asking.yoi to explain why you think I have a bad attitude for the comment I made earlier to Don Corleone Don Corleone . Sure, I shouldn't have sworn and I apologise but I explained why I disagreed with his comment.

So I am asking you for the same courtesy.
I suspected that you also wouldn't reply to me as you'd said you didn't care....I was wrong so fair play but I don't have a bad attitude....football has highs and lows, this was a low.

Hopefully this is clear enough now?
Nope. Even less clear than before.

Back
Top Bottom