Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No pretending involved. It is my belief that that play doesn't exist for us at the present because Kane carries no threat in behind.

He was manhandled by Guehi today and 19yo Fofana last season. It's gonna hit you like a ton of bricks when you realize/admit it.

There were no other players that high or stationary where the CBs could find shade. #EnglishOak
220px-Baginton_oak_tree_july06.JPG

You said we as a team had 0 threat today...yet Kane was the tip of our very flaccid spear. Surely he is at least partially responsible for our lack of threat.

He didn’t get handled by Guehi today as he had no opportunity to handle him or not. Do not know when he got handled Fofana either.

There was no threat because we had no midfield or wingers worth a damn. Kane was the only option.

I've said this all season, but our results and performances have been worryingly close to those of AVBs infamous second season.
Narrow, barely interesting 1-0 wins and then out of nowhere, get utterly trashed by a supposedly 2nd rate team. That season it was West Ham, this season it's obviously Palace.
The twatting came a little earlier than that season.

We also got one of our bi-annual "everything that could go wrong, did go wrong derby" games out of the way!!!!

Not trying to be knee jerk but that was up there as one of the worst performances since pre Redknapp days. I don’t actually remember the last time we played 90 minutes without even creating a half chance. Holy fook that was as bad as I’ve ever seen.

Brighton away last season, Chelsea at home.

But yes it was dire.

Same, just watched MOTD, it really did look Bad. Was made worse by following the UTD game and seeing their embarrassment of riches that they can put on the pitch - We are miles away from them (and others).

Same, just watched MOTD, it really did look Bad. Was made worse by following the UTD game and seeing their embarrassment of riches that they can put on the pitch - We are miles away from them (and others).
It looks like our recruitment team consider this season a write off as they rebuild the squad over a few transfer windows. If that’s the case, why did we keep Kane?

Yep huge indictment. There is containment and there is context. To be as blunt when Palace are the opponent is pretty damn poor.
To be fair to Palace, they have been due a win for a little while now and, from what I've seen, they've generally played better than their results suggested and Connor Gallagher looks like a very promising talent.

They won the match fair and square and capitalised on our poor performance. Good luck to them.

It's easy to blame Winks but I think he was the best of the Dynamic Three in the first half (which I admit isn't saying a great deal).

There, I've said it.

Skipp for me was the poorest of the bunch. Jenas said he didn't look 100% fit, I reckon he was right.

There has been a lack of creative players in this side for 2 years now. We've finally got one in gil and after today there is no excuse for not playing him. Get him in the side for dele or bergwijn I dont care who but we need someone with a bit of guile like eriksen used to have.

It's easy to blame Winks but I think he was the best of the Dynamic Three in the first half (which I admit isn't saying a great deal).

There, I've said it.

Skipp for me was the poorest of the bunch. Jenas said he didn't look 100% fit, I reckon he was right.

There were plenty of poor performances, but yes Skipp didn't look right to me.

I am honestly struggling to recall a game were we created less. And we know there have been some rippers to chose from recently.

The negative tactics to start I can forgive, given the absentees in the squad. To not change it at half time is the unacceptable part.
There are lots of managers who play 10 man situations that way, the idea being keeping the door locked, even at 1-0 down, offers the best chance to nick something from the game.

There's an argument for it.
But you need better forward player than dele to try to nick. Gil May have come on and beaten a couple of players on the counter and created a chance. Dele just fumbles. There was one moment in the 2nd half where we countered he had the ball around half way line and just kept hold of the ball instead of realising the ball to reg on the overlapp. He left it too late and by the time he passed it pushed reg out towards corner flag and momentum was lost.

Just watched us on MoTD, was hoping we'd look better on a second run, but it really was as bad as I remembered.

It’s hard too take and watch isn’t it. We were literally on the cusp of something massive a few years back and the club completely fucked it. No chance we get there again for at least the next 10 years in my opinion. Chelsea, City, Liverpool and United are literally on another planet too us. I’m really jealous of just how good Chelsea are and also United now with Ronaldo. Clubs that strive to achieve success by purchasing the right players at the right time. No way we are pushing them or the others out the top 4 in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom