Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So yeh.... Bit shit that, wasn't it.

Finding it hard to look past Nuno for the initial selection and no proactive subs.

Hugo
Japh / Dier / Rodon / Reg
Ndombele / PEH / Dele (*Skippy wrongly playing through injury?)
Lucas / Kane / Gil

CB crisis is a fucking nightmare..... Rodon & Davies vs Chavski FFS!!! :mourfacepalm:

We looked like a newly promoted team playing got a 0:0 point

EMBARRASSING
Disagree.... newly promoted teams at least trry and GO for it... and if not, at least look like they're enjoying the occasion of playing 'the big boys' like Palace....
We did neither!

We looked more like a bored husband who doesn't even bother TRYING to get hard for his long suffering wife any more... he just rolls over, falls asleep and lets her finish herself off to her heart's content!!!
The spark has LONG since been extinguished!!!

The more I think about this performance, the worst it becomes. Really was one abject display, the line-up was far too negative, devoid of creativity (one fucking shot!), and I'm not enjoying the style of football at all.
IMO we played the same way we have played in the last 3 games, except we were luckier in those with those fortunate goals.
I don’t think there was any win we deserved

Doherty is a weird one. Makes sense to sign him in the Jose set up. But then someone got Regullion and you can’t play both him & Doherty, as it’s turned out neither are especially impressive, but why the fuck did someone sign off on both transfers in the same window when that’s never going to be how Jose played…..

Maybe timing.

Aurier was thought to be definitely off last summer - he's been agitating for a move for over a year - so Doherty was lined up before window opened and was first in. Of course he was one of Mendes players .... and Mourhino is close to Mendes do I imagine Mourhino knew about the player coming in and was ok with him coming .

Reguilon was signed later in window - word was we were talking to Madrid about Bale and enquired about other players and Reguilon's name was mentioned and he seemed a good choice as a very promising attacking LB to come in, an opportunity too good to turn down, even if Madrid did exercise his buy back clause.

whenever I used to tag you, you used to piss your pants and report me to Admin!

I once reported a spam-fest of which you were a part.... I've not regularly reported you as you falsely suggest.

Typically, I choose to ignore you instead.

Lets at least have some consistency here

These aren't like for like scenario's so you clearly have a poor grasp of what "consistency" means.

If I'm gonna talk shit about someone; I'll tag them..... That's consistency in this context.

Last edited:
So yeh.... Bit shit that, wasn't it.

Finding it hard to look past Nuno for the initial selection and no proactive subs.

Hugo
Japh / Dier / Rodon / Reg
Ndombele / PEH / Dele (*Skippy wrongly playing through injury?)
Lucas / Kane / Gil

CB crisis is a fucking nightmare..... Rodon & Davies vs Chavski FFS!!! :mourfacepalm:to
My blame seems to have focused on Tanganga. I think he has the potential to be a great player for us but I feel so let down by the needless bookings he picked up and the fact that we're going to be without him while he serves his suspension. We're in the middle of an injury crisis, so in that respect, his timing was impeccable (unlike the challenge that got him sent off).

It's a bit difficult to introduce pro-active subs when you're a man down in defence. All the resources have to go into plugging that gap and the things you might have done to change the game go out the window.

Got sent this from a mate today , it’s probably been posted on here but , bloody hell it’s woeful

Here’s some Spurs stats so far this season,

Shots: 38 (~18th)
Big chances created: 1 (~20th)
Goals: 3 (~16th)
Shots against: 70 (1st)

Lovely stadium , though
Yesterday's game was freakish and the only stats that count in the other games were the 1-0 winning scorelines.
Whatever happens we will go into the Chelsea game one point off the top of the table:

My blame seems to have focused on Tanganga. I think he has the potential to be a great player for us but I feel so let down by the needless bookings he picked up and the fact that we're going to be without him while he serves his suspension. We're in the middle of an injury crisis, so in that respect, his timing was impeccable (unlike the challenge that got him sent off).

Card #1 - Professional foul to prevent a break. Occupational hazard.
Card #2 - Young, inexperienced player makes rash challenge. It happens.... Even though it was a soft card.

The fact that we already have our 3 senior CBs missing is a shitter, but circumstantial.... You gotta play the game at hand and worry about next week's game next week.

It's a bit difficult to introduce pro-active subs when you're a man down in defence. All the resources have to go into plugging that gap and the things you might have done to change the game go out the window.

"Pro-active" as in putting Gil on at half time before it all went to shit.... To try and get us on the front foot when plan A was failing.

"Pro-active" as in trying to change the flow of the game after we went 1 down.... Even if that just meant fresh legs.

Last edited:
But have we impressed you so far ? Perhaps the city game but bar that nothing has made me sit up
I agree it's not been pretty to watch but Nuno is trying to get the defence working and is picking midfielders to help us keep clean sheets and not conceding the ridiculous amount of goals that we conceded last season.
I'm giving him time and am not expecting scintillating displays...until at least next month. :rolleyes:

Got sent this from a mate today , it’s probably been posted on here but , bloody hell it’s woeful

Lovely stadium , though

When you put it that way, yikes...

20c210bbab9669166e924c57cc283a7c.gif

Lovely stadium , though

It's very, very, early days for Nuno, but God almighty i never thought I'd see football served up that makes the Jose days seem fucking halcyon.

I'm not in any bandwagon pro or anti, but if this is the Nuno way then we'd all better be lobbying for change before Santa drops down the chimney.

Really dont understand the audacity why they call themselves Crystal 'Palace'. Ground is a shithole. Hardly a palace.
Got to be the worst ground in London, you get given a non restricted view seat and still can't see everything.
Shit ground in a shit place.

Agree with most of that apart from lloris I thought he was awful 100% should have saved the 3rd goal and his distribution even by his standards was shocking and as yiu stated there was no leadership and he is supposed to be the captain
I thought Hugo should have saved the second but maybe unsighted

He is not. We can't be getting rid of our world class players man. I've been dutifully informed by some very insightful footballing minds on this board that it is foolish to think otherwise. The team just needs to work harder for Harry's goals. And we need to support harder for Harry's goals. And Nuno needs to manage harder for Harry's goals. Everyone just needs to put a little more effort and focus into Harry's goals and we'll be alright. That's how you build a team.
This is NOT HARRYKANE FC. It's Spurs who are always greater than one player. Except for Steve, Mrs P.

Back
Top Bottom