Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele did more in the first 10 minutes than Dele has done all season

Some people just don't like the guy - facts. He has to be starting. We're crap . Start your best players. Maybe if we were a better team we could be picky and saying his attitude isn't good enough but honestly we're not that team right now.

Ndombele did more in the first 10 minutes than Dele has done all season

Some people just don't like the guy - facts. He has to be starting. We're crap . Start your best players. Maybe if we were a better team we could be picky and saying his attitude isn't good enough but honestly we're not that team right now.
The guy could go missing 88 minutes but he does enough for 2 minutes to literally make up for anything he didn't do for the other 88 minutes. He offers something no other Spurs player has.

However you view his performance, he still did more than Kane

He did, he was one of our better players. But it’s clear that he is never going to deliver on the money we paid and be a worthy successor to Dembele. You can’t build a team around someone as flaky and uninterested as him. I never see him demand the ball.

But despite all that the team needs him. He is the only midfielder we have who has serious talent on the ball.

He did, he was one of our better players. But it’s clear that he is never going to deliver on the money we paid and be a worthy successor to Dembele. You can’t build a team around someone as flaky and uninterested as him. I never see him demand the ball.

That's his problem. For all of his ability, and he has plenty of it, he's all too content to just be on the periphery of games. Which all comes to do his attitude problem.

That's fair criticism. Hopefully he grows into his role as that bona fide playmaker that we need.

I'm a big fan of Ndombele but VERY dissapointed for what he did with the 1st goal. That's the reason people don't rate him that's why he doesn't get into the team. He has to improve on that and its not even particurlarly hard tbh just requires a bit more effort.

Nuno has to instruct the other players to pass to him more. Skipp kept ignoring him when an easy pass to Ndombele was on and then did winks-like things instead. Im not sure why he did that, was a bit annoying.

I'm a big fan of Ndombele but VERY dissapointed for what he did with the 1st goal. That's the reason people don't rate him that's why he doesn't get into the team. He has to improve on that and its not even particurlarly hard tbh just requires a bit more effort.

Yep, was just about to post that. He was far too easily bypassed on the first goal, being a playmaker is all well and good but you have to offer more to the team when we defend. If you’re standing on the edge of our penalty box you can’t let people just breeze past you.

That’s the biggest difference between him and Dembele. He was a brick wall, I only ever saw Yaya Toure and Pogba cause him any serious trouble. Tanguy by contrast is a dream to play against, like playing against a training cone most of the time.

But despite all that the team needs him. He is the only midfielder we have who has serious talent on the ball.

I think we have to accept what we have.

He's never going to reliably track runners. I'm not even sure I see him in the middle of the park anymore.

Let's just rotate him with Lo Celso and stick him near Kane. He has undeniable ability and can find space. He's comfortable with it being played into his feet and then turning and releasing a pass. Tell him his new job is to get assists.

And then sell him in the Summer.

Back
Top Bottom